Camilo Zuñiga - part II- il Calccio

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by elviejomen, Aug 24, 2009.

1. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Zuniga case is weird (his last seasons I didn't followed him so I don't know what happened) but overall he was a great player, at one point he was aggurably the best RB in South America.

Armero as you point out depended a lot on his pace and him not evolving his game I feel is what ended hurting his career

Furnaccio repped this.
  2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Armero is a drunk that beats his wife....

Never heard of Zuniga getting into trouble other then the Neymar hit. Refuse to think Neymar got him black listed or something.

Zuniga starts at least half his games from Jan to the WC then bring him as a back up. He can play RB/LB and RM or LM. Way better option then Medina

3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Zuñiga problem have been injures and health.

4. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Before 2014, i would have made the argument that Zuniga was as versatile as Dani Alves and quite effective too. A defender who can play both right/left back and as a winger.

whether it was injuries/blacklist, all you can do now that we are heading into 2018 is just give Zuniga a big "sighhhhh" for the guy - he missed out on his prime years

5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Falcao broke his knee.... Zuniga has what injury to make him MIA for almost 3 years.

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    http://www.eltiempo.com/archivo/documento/CMS-15319576

Ya han pasado más de cuatro meses y el futbolista colombiano Camilo Zúñiga sigue sin reaparecer en su equipo, el Nápoles de Italia. La rodilla derecha, la que tantos dolores de cabeza le ha generado a lo largo de su carrera, lo tiene alejado de la competencia, aunque al parecer está muy cerca de regresar, justo ahora que se acerca la primera convocatoria del 2015 de la Selección Colombia para la fecha Fifa, y a poco más de tres meses de la Copa América.

La lesión de Zúñiga, quien tiene 29 años, no es nueva. Se remonta a su juventud, desde cuando jugaba en Atlético Nacional y tuvo sus primeras incursiones en la Selección Colombia de mayores. Uno de los médicos que ha estado cerca al futbolista desde ese entonces y quien hoy da un parte de optimismo, es Germán Ochoa. Él, narró para EL TIEMPO los pormenores de esta lesión, y aseguró que Camilo Zúñiga estará apto para regresar a la competencia en un par de semanas

elviejomen and crzdcolombian repped this.
  8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Maybe I am living too much in the past but I rather see him out there than Arias.
    Even if he is out of shape and out of form. I at least want to see what he can do in friendlies.

9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yea so does James he has some minor muscle issues every once in a while. Like none of Zunigas injuries seem that major. Falcao had the same career ending injury 3 times. Fine he had better doctors but Zuni
    Arias is a good defender and great attacker. He just doesn’t have Zunigas stamina. Again our defense as a whole is much weaker then in 2014. Think when we finally start using Mina-Sanchez as our CB pair things will get much better.

Oscar Murillo/Jesion/Cristian Zapata much weaker then Yepes. Think Mina is better then Yepes just way greener. Yepes is probably my favorite Colombian player. I know I shat on him in 2013 but I wanted new blood on the team.

Do you guys think Arias or Fabra are better? If Zuniga comes back? Who would you bench?

10. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Arias at his best < Zuniga at his best. Arias has always been a reliable squad member and is the kind of player who does enough that does not warrant criticism but is not the kind of RB that can lift a team to the next level the way Zuniga contributed to Colombia in the 2014 cycle. But the fact is Arias has been playing steady futbol in europe over the past 4 years while Zuniga has been injured or in no man's land. In 2017/18 it's a no brainer who to go with today.

Same with Fabra when comparing Armero. Armero's pace and work rate really made up for the fact that he had no right foot. Armero looked sharp in the one qualifier he appeared for the 18WCQs but at 30 years old and the number of games he has played in over the past 4 years probably don't even add up to a season's worth of play.

kromekote repped this.
  11. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i think everyone, myself included, want to see these two paired up ASAP, but knowing Pekerman, i am mentally preparing myself to see Zapata and Mina as the starting duo. Davinson is developing well and i think will be light years ahead of Zapata by the time the 2017-18 season is done given the level of competition he is seeing in England and Champions League.

12. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Yes, You are way out of the realm of reality. As much as we would all love to see the guy come back, I would think he first needs to regain sometime of club form. To be out as long as he has (almost 3 years) with constant nagging injuries is horrible for any professional player who makes a living playing the game. But leaving emotions out of it, the NT should always be the best of the best. And we have yet to see him on a pitch for a while. Also, some of us seem to forget that prior to Zuniga many of the RBs in previous WCQ cycles make Arias look pretty fantastic.

13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't think it is out of touch with reality to say that I would like to see how he does in friendlies though. But I did concede that I am living in the past when it comes to him starting over Arias.

14. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

but he isn't even playing right? I mean he's gotta play on the pitch to even know if he can do this anymore at the pro level. Last thing we need is game 1 World Cup play, have a player out after a few minutes in....specially in his position that requires so much pace and physicality. Look at what happened to Gago. The guy is made of glass -- finally getting better @ Boca , putting up mvp matches and then a couple minutes in for his NT he's on the floor in obvious pain and frustration. 6+ months out....

15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    He is not playing yet. That is true. I am hoping and assuming he will soon.

16. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I don't think this is a great move for Zuniga, he barely played there last year and this year they have Kiko Femenia and Janmaat on the right and Holebas on the left, all 3 have played well I guess they are signing Zuniga as a back up for Holebas. Either way he probably would have been better off if he wants to go to the world cup going somewhere he was going to get lots of minutes.

17. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Damn!!!

I used to feel bad for Zuniga missing out on the past 4 years until I saw this pic. Atta boy!!

IMG_0162.JPG

18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Haha dude all these dudes are super rich.... Pro atletles no matter how ugly they are they still bagging 10s!

Haha sure even predator Rodallega has a hot wife

Froboy69 and Furnaccio repped this.
  19. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I read an interview with Peter crouch once and they asked him what would he be doing if he wasn’t playing fútbol

His answer “i would still be a virgin” sums it up!

Bomb8 and crzdcolombian repped this.
  20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Peter Crouch is like 7 feet tall dude at least in the US you can just have gotten out of jail and be working at Burger King. You are over 6’2 and women with doctorates will be kicking down your door for a date

21. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    Idk why Atlético Nacional just don't pony up and sign him....

They could definitely use him...

He would put buts in the seats... His signing would be a feather in the cap for the President that's alienated the fans because Zuñiga is a fan favorite..

Also he wouldn't have to start every match... At worst he adds depth to the side

22. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Maybe his ankles are so busted that it would be paying the salary of a top player for someone that won't play 15 games a year?

pepinointer repped this.
  23. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he's still at the club so they could still sign him if they wanted, I think Almiron had said they wanted to get him back in shape before they made a move.

24. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    zuniga blocked me on instagram after i simply asked him "when are you going to play regular club futbol again? hopefully you're at least getting paid by Napoli"

Ospina didn't block me when i invited him to play for my sunday co-ed team in 2018....

Doogs repped this.
  25. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    probably thought you were trying to hint some stuff to him

Furnaccio repped this.