Cameroonian Gold Diggers and Nigerian Princes from Munich - Transfers & Rumors Thread #6

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MerlinRM, Jul 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    People panicking about RB situation which is fine, instead of forward situation which is not fine. :confused:

Throw everything we`ve got on Mbappe and we will be a force of nature for years to come!

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  2. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    After watching Marcelo's documentary, I am more willing to accept Achraf staying with us to back up Carvajal.

Marcelo spoke about a time he was told that we wanted to send him out on loan to get some more experience. He refused, and stayed with the team, and we can now see how he has developed.

Maybe Achraf could develop just as well here as he could on loan. It wouldn't follow our recent methods with younger players (Carvajal, Casemiro, Llorente, Asensio, Vallejo all loaned out), but it could work of course.

Still feel it's risky, and I still feel we aren't playing this market well enough with Danilo's price.

3. Xehanort

Xehanort Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Oct 7, 2013
    Mom's basement
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yeah, I don't think we have to worry about the RB situation or any other kind of depth-related problem. Zidane knows it's the main reason why we won the double, I think we should have faith that he knows what he's doing. We all know he deserved it at this point.

The Mbappe deal looks alot more possible if both Danilo and Morata are sold, but i'm still skeptical. I don't want to be immensely dissapointed, like @YOUNGSTARS87 could possibly be at the end of the summer :p

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  4. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hakimi has no first team experience he's probably been playing well for the youth team but they play in a division below segunda, not a good enough league, I think we need a more experienced player than him,

Vallejo played for Frankfurt, Madrid and Frankfurt are pretty far apart ( no disrespect) when it comes to the pressure that he will be under, he was also injured and missed games himself and Theo, I am still waiting for someone, anyone to inform me what his defensive skills are like, for sure he's better than Coentrao in that he is fit

I have not seen him much though and all the clips I have seen of him is him getting forward, not much to do with actual defending, we are losing depth ( if no one comes for Danilo, good luck to him) and experience at the back after our starters and lots of comps to play in, i can't say this does not concern me a little

Açores57 repped this.
  5. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    35. He's still playing! If he'd be ok taking a role like Arbeloa or Pepe for one season, I'd go after him. I feel like he's one of the few that got better in his 30s. Reminds me of Zanetti, guy doesn't age.

I'd still want Hakimi here though. Maybe if Donetsk have Champions League football we can loan him to them in exchange.

natenate101 repped this.
  6. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    I think Srna doesn't have the legs any more. If we'd be playing 4 man midfield I'm not sure if he would be able to provide needed width.

7. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid

If the club thinks Achraf is ready to be the no. 2, then I think selling Danilo is probably a no-brainer. Problem is if he can't cut it, then we're really thin in defense (5 players to cover 3 spots -- I assume Theo is not capable of playing on the right even in a pinch) and will need to buy a CB/RB come winter.

But yeah that's why I'm a bit hesitant on the Danilo sale -- I don't want us to sell him and then just blow that money on Odriozola or some other young transfer. The arrangement should allow Achraf to get his chance at some point -- I'm just not sure he's ready for that?

On the flip side, what happens if Achraf comes up and sets the world on fire in his appearances? He's only 18, Dani is only 25 and will hopefully be the best RB in the world for at least another 4-5 years (though he does spend time on the sidelines basically every year). Can't expect Achraf to spend all that time on the bench can we? Guess you cross that bridge when you get there, but I imagine we'd then sell him with a buyback and get some veteran backup for Dani.

8. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Too much smoke now for there not to be something going on.

:cry::cry::cry:

10. Zizou2017

Zizou2017 Member

AC Milan
    France
    Jul 14, 2017
    I can see where you going but each player has his own way of doing things and it is only now that it has worked out that marcelo example is being taken but it could have been a mistake on his part if things hadn't worked out the way they did .

I feel it would be ashraf who must decide which way he is going to take and hopefully for him things work out as well.

11. Zizou2017

Zizou2017 Member

AC Milan
    France
    Jul 14, 2017
    If after all this mbappe isn't convinced that we want and need then i don't what would do it.

At least we should try for him big time,offer them 110 to start and then a make or break 125m euros take it or leave it offer.

Deep Pal repped this.
  12. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like Morata. He has a really bright future ahead. He just needs someone to believe in him.

Sad day. If we don't replace him with Mbappe I'm going to be pissed.

-Reivax-, Edino Edinho, raven3k and 2 others repped this.
  13. FigoIsGod

FigoIsGod Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Morata --> Chelsea = 80+10

Danilo --> Man City = 35+5

14. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah if the club scoops up 100m euros this week I have a hard time imagining they won't/aren't making a serious run at Mbappe.

libertao repped this.
  15. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    This is going to get very very weird if we fail to land Mbappe after selling off Morata :(

Edino Edinho and Hsain85 repped this.
  16. Zizou2017

Zizou2017 Member

AC Milan
    France
    Jul 14, 2017
    Unless zidane is doing all he can to help his algerian brother benzema have a chance to go to the world cup,would make sense if he doesn't have any back up he would play every games.

Hopefully they are doing all this for mbappe it isn't all the time people on here agree on the club going for a player.

Mbappe hype train.

17. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    We are selling off Morata, loaning out Mayoral.

We definitely won't be going in without a striker. It just won't make any sense at all.

I just hope the board has a plan B in place if Mbappe thing doesn't work out.

18. FigoIsGod

FigoIsGod Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    There are still only 2 starting forward positions for Ronaldo/Benzema/Bale. I expect us permanently in 4-4-2 with 8 midfielders in the squad.

I don't expect Mbappe. He will come next summer when one of Benz or Bale leaves, likely the Frenchman nearing 31 years of age then.

To replace Danilo, I believe we will sign Odriozola from Sociedad. His release clause is 40m Euro(48m Euro with VAT) and we have been following him all year, most recently with the Spanish U21s. Achraf needs to go out on loan for a couple of years and get experience anyhow. I'm just calling this signing now like I called Ceballos when the season ended.

libertao and Digital repped this.
  19. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It will be loooong summer :D pretty sure Mbappe saga will last till August 31.

libertao, Shay Z, surgeon and 2 others repped this.
  20. Zizou2017

Zizou2017 Member

AC Milan
    France
    Jul 14, 2017
  21. FigoIsGod

FigoIsGod Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    We knew there were 6 players with high chances of leaving us when the season ended.

Pepe - Contract up, hit an impasse in negotiations. No surprise.

Coentrao - Useless and unreliable, no surprise.

Danilo - Was bought to be the starter, has panic attacks in the Bernabeu, this will be no surprise.

Mariano - Needed minutes. No surprise.

James - Not even in the CL final squad, was like Zidane's 15th or 16th most important player. No surprise.

Morata - Wanted to be a starter, we know nobody will displace Benz under Zizou. No surprise here.

Digital repped this.
  22. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    sleepyvato50, Shay Z, CR7PT and 7 others repped this.
  23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Good for the club for holding firm on the asking price for Morata. Great return. But this will only make sense if we replace him with Mbappe.

sleepyvato50, Aimar 21, Shay Z and 8 others repped this.
  24. Zizou2017

Zizou2017 Member

AC Milan
    France
    Jul 14, 2017

You are too much i hope you don't cry if he doesn't come.

But real madrid has to show that it is still the club most players want to play for in making a big play for mbappe.

25. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Last year we basically played with Ramos, Nacho, Marcelo, Carvajal and Danilo. Varane was injured quite a bit and Pepe/Coentrao were injured throughout. We basically played with five, six at best for most of the season.

This year we will start with; Ramos, Varane, Vallejo, Nacho, Marcelo, Carvajal and Theo. That is seven. Adding Achraf makes it eight.

I don't get this panic for a RB. Especially considering the same people will be saying these players aren't getting enough playing time and need to be sold by midseason.

raven3k and janos audron repped this.