Cameron: Stoke/Chelsea 3/18

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by wixson7, Mar 18, 2017.

1. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    starts again with Allen in the CM. Hazard is injured, obviously scared to face GC. Game is on NBCSports.

#SCFC Starting XI v @chelseafc: Grant; Bardsley, Shawcross, M. Indi, Pieters; Ramadan, Cameron, Allen, Arnautovic; Walters, Berahino.

Winoman, Sam Hamwich and HouseHead78 repped this.
  2. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    i'm torn, I may be watching Hyndman on RangersTV instead of this game. My 2 favorite players on at the same time, and both playing so very well. i'll dvr this one and report back in a few hours. cover for me while i'm gone.. :)

3. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Cameron has been very successful on the ballwinning front early on in the match, and every time he wins it he's immediately pushing forward. The downside is that he's been too aggressive in pushing forward and Stoke lose possession.

4. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    anyone see the goal?

Man so many ways to hate chelsea.

freisland repped this.
  5. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Willian took a FK from a tight angle and fooled everybody by shooting instead of crossing. Lee Grant probably should have saved it, as he got two hands on it but failed to keep it out.

Winoman repped this.
  6. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Cameron and Allen appear to be dual 8s, with Cameron covering the right side of the field and Allen covering the left side of the field.

Cameron may have earned an assist on a corner kick, but the goal by Martins Indi is disallowed for a shove by Berahino on Matic.

7. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    The referee determines that Gary Cahill fouls Jon Walters in the box on a Stoke free kick and grants a PK. Walters makes it 1-1.

wixson7, Winoman and Bob Morocco repped this.
  8. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    Cameron and Costa have hated each other going back two seasons and continue to hate each other.

wixson7 repped this.
  9. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Shawcross gifted the ball in a dangerous spot to Costa, but the threat was put out by Cameron, who started jawing with Costa after Costa went to ground too easily.

The pace of play has slowed in the last 30 minutes. Too many fouls, injuries and breaks by the referee to restore order.

Winoman and GiallorossiYank repped this.
  10. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    Cameron has been a wall he must have won 4 or 5 balls on the tackle and destroyed a half dozen other attacks. Kante and Cameron are making this game hard to watch very choppy with all the takeaways.

11. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Cameron has been given much more positional freedom in the second half, he's been roaming all around the field early on.

12. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Geoff is doing well, helping out the backline, and moving the ball forward. Nothing amazing or ground breaking, but Chelsea is a tough side.

deuteronomy and Winoman repped this.
  13. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    Cameron with 7 first half tackles.

deuteronomy and Winoman repped this.
  14. 6 ft. Leprechaun

Dec 9, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cameron's defense and movement have been good. He still is working some rust off his distribution.

15. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    Yeah passing has not been good. Listers craps all over a great defensive team effort with a terrible corner and then the ball drops in the penalty area goal Chelsea.

16. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Cameron did rather lazily fail to mark Luiz on the initial header for the goal, but the more egregious error was committed by Pieters in his poor clearance of Luiz's header towards goal.

wixson7 repped this.
  17. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Maybe we can get 2 pages out of a huge YA appearance? Booo to us.

Good: Thought he was really good in terms of bite, shielding back four, and work rate. Perfect #6 effort today.

Bad: He still gives away too many forward passes trying to be too precise. Ball got away from him a few times when dribbling, heavy touches. Have to be called out for not jumper game with Luis on the go ahead goal.

Overall, major heart and no backing down. Played great as a #6, put in good shift.