Cameron Carter-Vickers at Tottenham...

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by socal23, Aug 13, 2014.

1. socal23

socal23 Member

Dec 8, 2008
  2. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Last season he was a centerback with Spurs.

I've seen mentions of him in Spurs' U18 game reports from last year like this one...

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/reaction-to-u18s-win-over-arsenal-251113/

The lads looked strong all over the pitch on Saturday, but John picked out the centre-half pairing of Filip Lesniak and Cameron Carter-Vickers, among others, for praise afterwards.
    Lesniak was impressive having dropped into the centre of defence alongside Carter-Vickers, who got himself on the scoresheet with a close range effort to put us 3-1 up.
    “I was pleased with Filip Lesniak, who played as a centre-half on Saturday, and I thought Cameron Carter-Vickers was extremely dominant,” John added.

3. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  4. socal23

socal23 Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Awesome thanks for the info, sounds like a good prospect for the future

5. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    There's now a thread for him on the YA forum with folks posting their findings. Interesting stuff.

This one is out of nowhere. If the collected big soccer prospect hounds haven't heard of a guy, then he's out of nowhere. Kudos to the USSF for this one. We'll have to find out what his connection to the US is................

Winoman and INKRO repped this.
  6. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This guy is definitely one to watch (and I don't say that very often). He has a December 31 birthday. That marks him as a special talent (and probably also an extremely early developer) in the youth ranks. Doesn't mean he'll be a star, but does mean that he has already overcome a significant handicap. He's 1 day too old for the US U-17 team. 1 day.

7. JoeTerp

JoeTerp Member

Jul 9, 2007
    USA
    in England it isn't too bad. Their cutoff for domestic competition (or at least for U18s) is September 1