Cameron Carter-Vickers at Swansea City AFC (on loan from Tottenham Hotspur FC)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by BostonRed, Aug 13, 2014.

1. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    Technically Spurs recalled him after 17 starts with Sheffield when it looked like he was getting benched and sent him to Ipswich Town. I think they would've kept him for the season had he not been recalled, but he definitely lost his place as a starter.

TarHeels17 repped this.
  2. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Brighton have met the 2 million pounds release clause in Graham Potter's contract and his coaching staff will be moving with him as part of a wider compensation package. I wonder if he'd be interesed in taking CCV on loan as well.

3. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof

Right.

One would expect that someone who plays for a different country to have a slightly bigger worldview than the average 21 year old English player.

4. Sufjan Guzan

Sufjan Guzan Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Also to back this up.... That WAS the trend. English top-6 clubs loaning players to the continent is becoming increasingly more common. Germany in particular is starting to branch out and look to England, as well as other non-traditional places (USA included).

5. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean that's fair and all, but there are plenty of guys who play for Nigeria and the Ivory Coast from England who do all stay there.

That's fair, but it is a very new trend. Like I said, Sancho was kind of the trailblazer, just like Pulisic is for the new age Americans in Germany.

6. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    New trend? That 1994 USA WC team had several players who played in Germany. Waldo, Joe-Max Moore, Paul Caligiuri, probably others I can't remember.

wsmaugham repped this.
  7. Cubanlix63

Cubanlix63 Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bundesliga has always been the major Soccer league Americans had the most success in.

8. mattjo

mattjo Member+

Feb 3, 2001
    Washington DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mike Lapper
    Thomas Dooley (of course)
    Claudio Reyna

were the others I saw although Lapper and Reyna only began playing their in 1994.

Winoman repped this.
  9. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Profile:

https://www.si.com/soccer/2019/05/31/cameron-carter-vickers-tottenham-champions-league-final-usa

Speaking to Wales Online last month before leaving Swansea for Brighton & Hove Albion, assistant manger Billy Reid said, “Cameron came here on loan from Tottenham and he had to bide his time to make the team. When he came into the team, he’s made huge progress. We asked him to step into the game with the ball and the progress he's made in that area has been exceptional.”

freisland and Winoman repped this.
  10. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wonder if they’ll have any interest on taking him on loan. A good EPL loan would do CCV well. He knows the coach and system and it should help him early.