Alert: Call to Action - Do You Want to Help Save the Crew? Auditioning New Members Now!

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Draghignazzo, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    This is an intentional cross post that I'm making it's own thread for visibility, etc. Could a mod (Hee he, that's you @hardhead ) please sticky this and also clean up anyone accidentally responding with personal info in the thread instead of PM's Just cut it out and send it to me in PM with the BS username and what;ever they post. Thanks in advance.

This was in response to two good ideas that have been brought up a thousand times and no one seems to be acting on, so we're going to organize and see if we can get them done. Below the line is my original post.

I'm not looking to discuss this here, or argue it's validity etc. etc. This is just a notice to connect and organize. I'll likely not respond to much here with regard to details. We're taking this show on the road.

DO NOT POST ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION IN THIS THREAD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in and I'm tired of watching this circle turn. ******** making STC do it. They have their own focus. And as they've stated repeatedly, they've been inundated with enough of their own ideas and workload they have been saying forever, 'if you have an idea, great, go do that! Don't toss it at us and expect us to carry all the weight,' and I agree it's an unfair perception that they are solely responsible to save this team. We all have a part to play.

Let's start our own sub-group right here, right now. But, we'll also need to move the discussion and organization to a Slack or something so it can be more dynamic and out of public eye for spies. I'm going to steal their model, so as not to reinvent the wheel and it seems ot be working for them, so...we need to start organizing an STC2 (we'll have to come up wit a better name eventually) to get this done, as it's too much for one person. I'm motivated to help, but don't know where to start and with my current workload at real work that pays my bills, I can't dedicate the kind of time needed to really launch it, but I'm volunteering right now to be the point person to start the process of organizing a group to figure this out and get it done. I'm good at figuring out process and such and I'll get us launched and let's see where it goes. But I need YOU TOO.

My thoughts are we start off with the two ideas proposed here, and see where this takes us from there. Maybe we get these two things done (or fail) and that's all the farther it goes, or maybe it grows into an almost company like STC kind of is. Either way, we ********ing tried and didn't sit on our god damned hands.

1. Plan our first Party in the Parking Lot event. We will need to open a dialogue with STC about this, jsut enough so they know what we;re planning and so we aren't working at cross purposes with anything they are planning (FillTheFre clearly withstanding). I do know some of the folks in real life (I'd never portray knowing them any more than casual acquaintance with a shared love of this team in the same way I know most of you on these boards that I've met in real life) and and how to contact to at least say, hey were gonna organize and try this...is this/that a bad date that would step on some secret thing you have planned? I also have some (old) experience and (old) contacts in the Catering/Event worlds around Columbus from my former life and my Ex and some other peeps. I at least know some people to ask advice about some things, but I'm sure some of you have time, talent and motivation to lend.

2. The Season ticket deposit in Escrow. This is clearly a longer-term effort and I'm honestly much more lost at how to start here. Bill and others laid out the basic plan I think pretty well, so I'll scrape that into a starting point of action items for our first meetings.

So, I'm declaring right now that I will be the point person to try to get like-minded people together to get these two ideas in motion. If you can help or want to help in any way, PM me the following and I'll start the ball rolling to get us off Big Soccer, onto another more usable platform like Slack and see what happens.

Subject: Call to Action
    Body:
    Real Name
    contact email
    cell# (I promise I will treat this info with care)
    Any special skills, area of study professional experience that you think might be helpful to the cause.

Also to anyone reading this and wanting to help and you're a random lurker/non-poster/new account who I don't know as a real human and not a sockpuppet spy, I'm going to vet you before I let you in our house. No offense, but my clubhouse sign says, "No Spies Allowed!" But if you're a real person, you're welcome aboard once I'm sure you're not Dave Greely in disguise.

American Brummie and Jaybir repped this.
  2. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    P.S. If you have friends, family co-workers not on Big Soccer tell them about this and through you connect them to me via BS or once the new platform is up and running and we'll go from there.

P.P.S The "real name" mantra was stated for two purposes, one we can't keep using BS handles, and I'm hoping eventually we might get some people aware and interested not from here. This may have started here, but it's not ending here.

The second purpose was so that I can do a little due diligence to ensure the Front Office/PSV spies that we are all certain read these public boards don't follow us to the new space.

3. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we get the team pink slip gang back together?

Draghignazzo repped this.
  4. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    How many of them can you still name? How many of those handles are still active on BS? Few I'd wager. Eggy? Electric Keeper? HuntKop? HHM? Krypto? Honestly, I was not involved in any of that planning but I applauded the F&#( out of the pink rain when it occurred! Loved it.

5. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would love to but don’t know how much time I can contribute

6. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    CLARIFICATION: It was pointed out to me that my OP could read as if I do not want to work with or be part of the existing STC clan. I can see where that could be derived, but was not my intention. Allow me to try to clarify my stance and intention.

1) Save The Crew has said plainly, that you don't have to be a member of STC to execute and idea and that if you have an idea you should do that idea. So we're taking their advice and let them do their thing and we'll do ours.

2) I'm also not a fan of reinventing the wheel, so if at some point we feel it is appropriate to be absorbed into official STC as a sub-channel/committee. I have no issues with this idea. And overall it might be the best situation as we could then possibly leverage some of their existing resources/expertise that maybe we end up being light on.

3) The only part where I wonder if STC might balk at our currently ambitious, but small platform of two ideas would be the idea of having an utterly empty stadium prominently on display for one of our very few national team games. STC's offical mantra is don't go negative. I could see them viewing this as negative. I believe it could be done in a manner that is not negative, but I'm not going to go into detail here and maybe we'd have to try to sell them on my take/aspect of how this could still be a positive thing. But I could see STC not wanting to help or support a group looking to do this. We'll cross that bridge if we come to it. Right now, I'm just trying to get to a point where we have an idea or two, some willing bodies and plan outline of how we accomplish said goal(s) before talking to STC or anyone else about helping us or even welcoming us into what they are already doing.

This is not an anti-STC stance or movement and I will shout down anyone that wants to make it into one. Infighting amongst other Crew fans should not be allowed to happen. That is all.

7. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Me either, but that's why we want as many bodies as possible now. Divide and conquer brother. All of are are stronger and smarter than none of us. I'm not sure where this is headed yet, but if you want to help sign-up. How you can help and how much will depend on many factors I cannot yet speak to.

stanger repped this.
  8. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are all STC.

TrueCrew, Crewmudgeon, ohiotiger and 2 others repped this.
  9. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    You misspelled Neegan.

10. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

11. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can name all of them because I have the email correspondences. Great folks. Sadly, not many are still active on here.

What I like about both ideas is that they are so damn inclusive. You want in? Place some money down and go sell to family, friends, and random people you meet. Oh and stay out with us in the parking lot. We can have food, drinks, and some of the best company on this side of the world.

Everyone can do both of those things. In fact we would need a shitload of people to participate in both plays. The more the merrier.

12. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I’m down limited on money spent the weekend in jail for nothing( long story for another time) I’ll send info sometime this week

west ham sandwich and Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  13. Jaybir

Jaybir Member+

Feb 24, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I just got out of prison and am not due to report to the insane asylum for a few weeks - so timing is good for me to help out.

14. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Man, I can't wait for the episode when Neegen introduces Precourt and Greely to Lucille!

15. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So did your audition go well?

16. Jaybir

Jaybir Member+

Feb 24, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    They told me they would hold my application for future consideration.

I'm very hopeful. Keeping my phone with me at all times.

If you call me, don't be surprised if I answer before the end of the first ring - with a very excited, "HELLO!?"

17. crew2112

crew2112 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Dayton, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I lost interest after the first paragraph. Can you do a bullet point summary?
    Thanks.

18. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    If that's all it took for you to give up, you're not the right fit. No worries.

crew2112 repped this.
  19. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    · Escrow. Escrow. Escrow.
    · Empty seats. Full parking lot.
    · Send us your first-born child.

· Preschool: Villain or not a villain?
    · A: Villain then message Drag.
    · A: Not a villain then go hang out with that beer dipshit from 614.

· Inform all that you are acquainted with that the cause continues. We have not reached the end. Or maybe we have? I really have no clue.

crew2112 repped this.
  20. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't think I can be an active member here, but I will likely join any outside the stadium during games protest and will do my best to convince my wife to allow me to put ticket deposits for next year if/when that gets set up.

22. porchlight

porchlight Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Crawlumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Escrow sounds fun and doable
    Jackson Pike..dont ask but seems like a theme
    Party in the parking lot sounds good but perplexing as in how it would work. In stages?
    1) 10 people, boom box fm/am radio, and a grill.
    2) 50 peeps, RV with a nice big TV or Two, Several grills
    3) Mariachi Band, 100 - 300 bodies, Food Truck, Sponsors,

23. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dunno how many you really need. A big part of me says it needs to be at least a thousand

Which will be hard, but is doable.

24. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In my opinion, both initiatives are very doable with the help and support of the existing STC framework. Though I will spare this board anymore of my praiseworthy comments for STC.

However, perhaps neither need to be done (or should be done).

25. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A few spitballs about the “party in the parking lot.”
    I doubt we could get food trucks. Probably a permit thing, and Laugh-lame would NEVER sign off on it.
    But if you pay $15 to park, and you bring your own food and booze, how is that any different than any other tailgating? What Amendment is Freedom of Assembly? Especially if you’ve PAID?
    One other thing— I could see PSV being dickish about port-a-johns. That could be an issue. Empty Gatorade bottles in the car?