Caleb Porter named new Timbers head coach

Discussion in 'Portland Timbers' started by Barbara, Aug 29, 2012.

1. aperfectring

aperfectring Member+

Jul 13, 2011
    Hillsboro, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Its still quite early to say for sure. Initial signs look good, but we aren't even halfway through his first season. It is somewhat of picking nits, but he isn't winning tons of games. He's losing very few, but he's also not winning, and if you don't win games, you don't make the postseason. The Timbers still have 19 pts to earn in order to match the 2011 season.

That all said, Porter provides a much better chance at getting to that level than Spencer likely would have. I am also very much enjoying the style of play he instituted, especially when compared to the previous style.

2. fknbuflobo

fknbuflobo Member+

Arsenal FC
    United States
    Nov 16, 2011
    Akron, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TIMBERS ARMY! Just checking in on you schmucks! Do you still have reservations about CP? Huh? I can't hear you. What was that?

I saw you on ESPN last Sunday night. Wow! I gotta make it to out JWF sometime. It looks awesome! When I do, I will be the guy wearing the autographed DarNag #6 jersey (home green). You can look, but you can't touch.

3. aperfectring

aperfectring Member+

Jul 13, 2011
    Hillsboro, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    I could always give excuses, but I'd be lying if I said that I'm not quite happy with the results from this season. I usually take a "wait and see" approach with new coaches and players because it typically takes a while for them to fully adjust.

I'm anxious to see how the Timbers do in the playoffs. Given the ability of the Timbers to not lose very often, I think they could potentially do pretty well.

I'm also anxious to see what kind of changes will be made in the offseason to better position them for next year.

4. ~F8~

~F8~ Member

Sep 5, 2008
    grindin
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Anyone know lyrics for that song Timbers Army was singing in tha 2nd half? That "Salt Lake Sux" one? Tha singing sounded good on TV, yall always have a good home atmosphere. (I checked stumptownfooty to see but didn't wanna register just to ask.) Preciate it

5. aperfectring

aperfectring Member+

Jul 13, 2011
    Hillsboro, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    This is a pretty full list of all the TA's chants. I don't recall there being a spontaneous one, but I was up in the 200s today, so was a bit out of touch with the spontaneous stuff.

~F8~ repped this.
  6. fknbuflobo

fknbuflobo Member+

Arsenal FC
    United States
    Nov 16, 2011
    Akron, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Caleb Porter's winning MLS Coach of the Year was nearly unanimous among voters. It comes as absolutely no surprise whatsoever.

Well done Caleb Porter! :thumbsup:

7. coyoteman33

coyoteman33 Member

Jan 2, 2010
    PDX, OR, USA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    COTY. Good! He deserved it.