Caden Clark at RB Leipzig

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by BostonRed, Jul 31, 2019.

1. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Caden Clark

[​IMG]

CADEN CLARK #77

PLAYER PROFILE
    Year of Birth: 2003
    Position:
    Hometown: Medina , MN
    Nationality: United States

EDUCATION
    Graduation Year: 2021

Luksarus, UniversalAdvice and Winoman repped this.
  2. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's trying to get a Polish passport. Trialing at another big German club too.

3. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PalmettoSpur, ChicagoVT and largegarlic repped this.
  4. gnk

gnk Member+

Nov 1, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That fab has an uncanny resemblance to Tyler Adams [emoji41]

5. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

6. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    i would dangle that tyler adams mls apprenticeship to prepare for a seamless transition to rb leipzig angle if i were rbny

Higher Learning repped this.
  7. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

8. DirectK

DirectK Member

United States
    Jun 27, 2018
    @zlebmada mentioned that young Caden is rumored to be heading to Leipzig in a video on Scuffed's Patreon. Not sure if there's more to it than the fact that he's a hot prospect who signed an MLS contract with RBNY. I saw some seemingly-not-that-informed speculation on Twitter about a move like that after his goal this weekend. But he doesn't even turn 18 until well into the 2021 MLS season, so I would guess that he'll be with RBNY for at least 12 more months.

9. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How does it work at NYRB when you're a teenager from another part of the country and you sign with them?

What are the living arrangements. Curious. Did his parents move to NY when he signed or are there host parents?

10. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    NYRB has a host family program

https://www.newyorkredbulls.com/academy/homestay

jond, USSoccerNova and eliwood repped this.
  11. SCSAutism

SCSAutism Member

United States
    May 9, 2017
  12. Higher Learning

Jul 1, 2009
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like you were right

13. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    superdave, Gacm32, LouisZ and 5 others repped this.
  14. DirectK

DirectK Member

United States
    Jun 27, 2018
    Kind of interesting to hear the ExtraTime guys argue that his best position is probably a deeper than the 10 he played at Red Bulls II. He got the start at RW over the weekend and I think it's a good bet that's where he plays for the foreseeable future -- RBNY has cut ties with a couple of fan-favorite-but-how-good-are-they-really type guys at that position in the last 12 months. That could change if Kaku finally gets sold or the new manager changes formation away from the 4-2-3-1 they've been running for the past several years to more of the 4-2-2-2 that Salzburg uses. In that case he'd probably feature at RM.

15. DirectK

DirectK Member

United States
    Jun 27, 2018
    sakibomb523, matt021d and butters59 repped this.
  16. ChicagoVT

ChicagoVT Member

United States
    Jun 26, 2019
    PalmettoSpur, dams, Gacm32 and 1 other person repped this.
  17. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    over at the scuffed patreon belz has an interview with chris clark that is frankly incredible. having athletic parents who are full time performance coaches devoted to holistically developing athletes seems like an unfair advantage / the future.

18. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
    Like Mozart.

19. DirectK

DirectK Member

United States
    Jun 27, 2018
    Or Ichiro, which is a pretty sad story especially if you're a parent. There can be a price to excellence.

20. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    that doesnt sound like a remotely fair comparison. chris makes it pretty clear that caden does what he wants and he supports him in doing it.

DirectK repped this.
  21. DirectK

DirectK Member

United States
    Jun 27, 2018
    That’s good to hear. I’m excited to check out the interview when work calms down.

twoolley and dougtee repped this.
  22. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    i think you will really enjoy it. i am of an age where i think of the pete marinovich / mike agassi school as akin to what ichiro went through. obviously you can say one thing and do another, but hearing chris talk about his experience in such a thoughtful measured way makes me think that wasnt the case at all. really feels like more a matter of having a kid who loves something along with parents who are uniquely positioned to help them achieve it.

twoolley and DirectK repped this.
  23. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    Link to the interview: https://scuffed.simplecast.com/episodes/episode-149-interview-with-chris-clark-cadens-dad-BQB7c_Gx

This is not a Todd Marinovich situation. Chris Clark is a professional trainer, which had to help, and while I'm sure he pushes Caden, he seems professional, not clinical, and he expressly talks about how they don't train if Caden doesn't want to, etc.

Really intriguing on the section of why they chose NYRB over Philly Union (which sounds like the #2) and Barcelona, amongst others.

WheezingUSASupport, DirectK and twoolley repped this.
  24. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    mr. Clark also posted a 2020 highlight of Caden. I’m definitely sure he’s a top 5 u20 player in our entire pool. I’ll need to see him play about 500 more minutes next year to put him 3rd behind Reyna and musah. He is high potential player.

25. dams

dams Member+

United States
    Dec 22, 2018
    That is certainly the feeling I get from just looking at the highlight videos. Kid looks special.