Cable, Streaming or Satellite?

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by TRUJDUB, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    It's not "Fox Sports Time Ohio", it's "Sports Time Ohio".

No Fox.

Kryptonite repped this.
  2. C-Bus20

C-Bus20 Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really?

Attached Files:

3. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    When the hell did that happen?

Clearly I haven't watched either in...well...a really long time.

EDIT: apparently, 2013. I think if you're being technical, it's Fox Sports SportsTime Ohio, which is confusing as shit, IMO.

4. C-Bus20

C-Bus20 Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair most still call it Sportstime Ohio or STO as it was before Fox purchased them. But technically it is Fox Sports Sportstime Ohio....or something like that.

Timon19 repped this.
  5. crew2112

crew2112 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Dayton, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Directv shows the March 2nd game on STO at 4:30pm.
    The Dayton/Cincy market may be “out of
    Market” blackout for STO but I better not be blacked out on Direct Kick. It’s one or the other in my opinion.

CrewSchmack repped this.
  6. Tobias C

Tobias C Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 6, 2014
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm happy regardless....I mostly use Sling for live television.... my basic package has Fox Sports Ohio and Sportstime Ohio as well as an alternate for each....so I should be covered without spending any additional money.

7. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    In Cincy, ESPN+ should work since we are outside the 75 mile radius, for those of us without SportsTime Ohio. The big question is whether we get the Crew or the Red Bulls feed of the game. Lord knows ESPN can't be bothered with providing both, like MLB.

9. BigStern

BigStern Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 2, 2018
    Columbus by way of Lima
    I really thought the details for the TV deal were coming when that Fox Sports Ohio page showed up. We’re less than a week out and people aren’t sure what they need to do to see the game! That’s not great. I doubt the TV deal is that special community announcement promised at the Media day. I’d bet that has something to do with some sort of charity venture since it’s been held at a Hilltop school. Maybe they’re putting in some fields somewhere.

If we don’t have the TV deal answers by Tuesday night, I know what I’ll be asking Bez about. Reporters need to do the same at media day.

TRUJDUB repped this.
  10. C-Bus20

C-Bus20 Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess games will be split between the two with most games on FSO as STO will be showing the Indians all summer. With that said it’s still better than Spectrum and hopefully the Dayton area is not blacked out on espn+ or direct kick when games are on STO. Unfortunately as Crew fandom has shown through the years, you will never make everyone happy and right now I’m like the fat kid at prom...just happy to be here.

11. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nothing is on the TV guide yet and on ESPN Crew schedule just says the game is on ESPN plus. They really need to push for things like this to close a month before the first game and not at the last minute.

12. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They had a little more stuff on their plate. I’ll bet the previous a-hole didn’t do anything for this season.

Kryptonite and TRUJDUB repped this.
  13. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Wait, are you suggesting that they were unprepared to play in Austin, and unprepared to play in Columbus. Color me shocked.

TRUJDUB repped this.
  14. C-Bus20

C-Bus20 Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Fox Sports STO not only has this weekends game listed that we already covered but also 3/9 away vs NE per my Directv guide. Still wondering if the announcement will be exclusive STO or a mix of both FSO and FSO - STO which Is my guess.

Ueberjames repped this.
  15. boomshea

boomshea Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 22, 2018
    Dayton, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they are all going to be on STO. They would have put it on one of the overflows if they were going FSO. The only reason to put it on STO is to block out the Cincinnati area market.

16. Ueberjames

Ueberjames Member+

Columbus Crew
    Mar 28, 2009
    Stow, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just set up the DVR to record the as well as the Pre and Post game shows.

17. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I have att U-verse I’ll have to check the guide again

18. C-Bus20

C-Bus20 Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe....But I don't see how with the Indians conflict and no STO alternate channels that i can see. Maybe its time the FO announce something but then that leads me to believe they are still working out some of these details.

MLSinCleveland repped this.
  19. boomshea

boomshea Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 22, 2018
    Dayton, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are right, I Was wrong, it is being split.

https://www.columbuscrewsc.com/broadcast

BigStern and C-Bus20 repped this.
  20. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    So is it on Fox Sports SportsFox Time Sports, or SportsFox TimeSports FoxySports?

Alneri repped this.
  21. C-Bus20

C-Bus20 Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After reading the press release it sounds like ESPN+ will not be available in market as there is no reference to it. My advice is get a password for a friend or relative and watch on Fox Sports Go. This is a great deal for distribution.

22. BigStern

BigStern Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 2, 2018
    Columbus by way of Lima
    Finally. Some details. Games are going to be on both Fox Sports Sports Time Ohio (STO) and Fox Sports Ohio (FSO). No word on conflicts and overflow channels or split between feeds. My assumption is that Cleveland FSO feed will be the one showing Crew games when on FSO. Dayton/Cinci Crew fans might need to get satellite or hope they don't get blackout'd by ESPN+.

23. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    So the answer is "yes?"

24. GoCrew1996

GoCrew1996 Member+

Jan 20, 2007
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Indians games that are same time as Crew while on STO:

March 2 - 4:30pm - No game
    March 9 - 2pm - No game
    March 30 - 730pm - No game
    April 13- 1pm - No game
    April 24 - 730pm - No conflict - Indians - 1:30PM
    April 27 - 830pm - No game
    May 4 - 8pm - Unsure - Indians 4:10PM Game (how long are games?)
    May 18 - 8 pm- Unsure - Indians 4:10PM
    May 25 - 9pm - Probably no conflict - Indians 4:10PM

June 1 - 730pm - No game
    June 23 - 730pm - No conflict - Indians 1:10PM
    August 3 - 1030pm - Likely Conflict - Indians 7:10PM

August 17 - 730pm - No game
    October 6 - 4pm - No game

MLSinCleveland and soccerncbus repped this.
  25. BigStern

BigStern Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 2, 2018
    Columbus by way of Lima
    • Not clear.
    • Mix between STO & FSO. Not clear on feed. Assumption is Cleveland Feed Only, possibly both for games on FSO.
    • Hard to answer without knowing the footprint or feed. https://www.columbuscrewsc.com/broadcast lists Spectrum, DirecTV, Dish Network, ATT Uverse, WOW, Armstrong, Sling TV, Fubo TV, Playstation Vue, DirecTV Now, Youtube TV, & Hulu as available providers.
    • No mention of conflicts. Splitting the games between STO & FSO will help but with as many teams that air on those channels, it will still happen.
    • As mentioned above, Sling, Fubo, Vue, DirecTV Now, Youtube TV & Hulu all options for streaming. No reference to ESPN+ but I think that's because ESPN+ is an out of market option and this news is about in market viewing. I think ESPN+ will be an option for people outside of the Crew market footprint. If we can determine what that footprint is, we might be able to figure out the blackout radius. My guess is it will be northern Ohio and some distance outside of Columbus to the south.
    Waited all that time and the initial news doesn't really answer the questions I had. But at least I know I can ask them now and might get a response.