Cable, Streaming or Satellite?

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by TRUJDUB, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Works on Sling.

Tobias C repped this.
  2. runningoz

runningoz Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    YouTubetv looks good in union County.

3. crew2112

crew2112 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Dayton, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    No idea why, but the game is on FSgo now.
    It says started at 2:35pm. Somebody doesn’t have their shit together.

4. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Worked fine for me in Cbus on FSgo.

5. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Uh...why is Ashley Collins at the game if they aren’t going to use her on camera? Especially since she was featured so much last week.

crew2112 repped this.
  6. ColumbusFTW

ColumbusFTW Member+

Jul 18, 2018
    Watched on FS Go as well. Great picture and had the look and feel of a professional broadcast.

7. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    The FSO version had the audio out of sync with the picture for most of the first half. Also the Crew had 2 first half saves while NE had 1 shot on target according to the stats or graphics team.

8. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    That's what happens when you have a BMF in goal.

POdinCowtown repped this.
  9. boomshea

boomshea Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 22, 2018
    Dayton, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fox sports kept telling the Crew it was available. I kept telling them it wasn't. They finally listened after I sent them multiple screenshots. They need to get their shit together well before game day. Luckily we had a feed at our watch party from a Columbus log in but Fox needs to get it together on the STO feeds.

10. crew2112

crew2112 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Dayton, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Thanks for working hard on this. Dayton area fans are effected like no others in the state. Are we too close or too far? I still can’t tell!

boomshea repped this.
  11. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is interesting:

My guide info shows that FSCIN will have the pregame show before Crew @ Union on 3/23, but that FSCLE will only have the game.

Before the pregame show, FSCIN is showing a Reds game, but FSCLE is showing filler material.

Let's see how things update over the next two weeks.

This week's game vs FCD has the full three-hour treatment on both channels.

12. Dan Milton

Dan Milton Member

Nov 25, 1998
    I watched the game on espn+. I couldn't find it anywhere else on Spectrum here in Middletown.

13. Robbiegoal

Robbiegoal Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. runningoz

runningoz Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Weird. I entered mine and it showed me the "Columbus Area" listings.

15. ColumbusFTW

ColumbusFTW Member+

Jul 18, 2018
    With what's happening at FCC and Wayne Rooney United, Bez and Dee's deal looks better every day.

crew2112 repped this.
  16. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was switching from the Revs game to the KC game on ESPN+. I accidentally clicked on a baseball game, and I was prompted with the choice of either one of the local broadcasts.

Someday folks.

TheRealBilbo repped this.
  17. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks as though ESPN+ now permanently blacks out games. Earlier in the season, I was able to watch Crew full game replays shortly after the match ended. Now they're blacked out during the match (of course) and stay that way. Here in Columbus, yesterday's FCC match is similarly blacked out.

Which sucks. Though I can still watch condensed matches via the MLS app.

18. hardhead

hardhead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 2008
    NEO
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I just checked and you're right--I can't watch any of the previous full matches now. It is a change. I can't believe that is right. I'll write ESPN/MLS.

19. Alneri

Alneri Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 3, 2018
    I believe this is due to the fact the FSGO has the games available for replay, when last season Spectrum has no option of replay.

I am annoyed about the FCC blackouts though. Those seem to be an error.

20. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh my. You are a wonderful person. I missed that option last year when MLS went from Live to ESPN+. I had no idea the 20-minute recap still existed on the app. Thank you.

21. Coupe

Coupe Member+

Mar 3, 2007
    Does anyone watch on Playstation.vue? Any problems watching the game?

22. Dan Milton

Dan Milton Member

Nov 25, 1998
    Week before last I call Spectrum,I connected with someone in New York. I asked them why I wasn't getting the game and why the game wasn't even listed as being on! He checked and said it should be getting the game but didn't give me any more help! He did say I should contact Sports Ohio! They weren't any help. They said I should contact Spectrum! After spending a half hour or more neither were any help. When I am not watching the game at the stadium I watch espn+. Here in Middletown espn+ had not blacked out the games. The away games are on live and replay. I assume they are bringing the home games because they didn't blackout the replays. The Cincinnati fc games at home are blackout live and replay.

23. boomshea

boomshea Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 22, 2018
    Dayton, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I run the watch parties for the Dayton SG and the bar we have is Spectrum cable. It appeared that this season we only will be able to stream the games on Fox Sports Go. After talking with the FO the way the contract is set up traditional cable/satellite in Dayton won't get the games as we get the Cincinnati feed of Fox Sports Ohio and the games are blacked out in Cincinnati. Fox Sports Go is our only option. OTT options like Hulu Live and YouTube TV should get the FSO games in Dayton though.

I didn't check this weekend, but the FO released a guide saying that the game "will be made available" to cable subscribers in our area on the alternate channel, so their policy may have changed. The guide did not show the game however and since I was at the game I didn't worry about checking.

Also, cities south of Dayton may just run into issues being so close to Cincinnati. I have no idea where the cut off is between what MLS considers Columbus and Cincinnati media markets. The city of Dayton is considered in both markets currently I believe, but as you get further from the city it gets murky.

24. Ueberjames

Ueberjames Member+

Columbus Crew
    Mar 28, 2009
    Stow, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't had issues relating to Playstation Vue. The only issues I've had are probably related to modem/router issues.

25. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Cincinnati should be fine with ESPN+. We have been able to watch every game there. We've even had the Crew feed most of the time.

boomshea repped this.