Cable, Streaming or Satellite?

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by TRUJDUB, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    If you care about any of the dozen or so other sports on there, totally worth it.

TheRealBilbo repped this.
  2. Crew96Fan

Crew96Fan Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like others have said, it’s great if you want to watch other MLS teams and games. In general, it’s just great as a soccer fan. FA Cup, Serie A, USL, English Championship, Eredivise, and UEFA Nations League. Plus a ton of original content.

MLSinCleveland and Flyer Fan repped this.
  3. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was going to make a joke about KNR being willing to do anything, up to and including airing the Crew, to keep the Browns on their station. Turns out it's true.

4. crew2112

crew2112 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Dayton, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Hey, the Haslams can and should leverage Browns access in exchange for Crew coverage. It’s all just contracts and money. May as dangle a carrot if you have it.

Bill Archer and MLSinCleveland repped this.
  5. hardhead

hardhead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 2008
    NEO
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Was anyone in NE Ohio watching via ESPN+? I'll find out on Saturday but I'm wondering if the 75 mile radius is enacted or if the whole state is now in the blackout area. (I was able to stream last season.)

6. soccerncbus

soccerncbus Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 29, 2018
    Can anyone here speak to the production quality of the game Saturday compared to the last few seasons on Spectrum? I was at the game so I obviously didn't see the TV broadcast, but I'm just curious. I'm assuming it's quite a bit better than what Spectrum produced.

7. boomshea

boomshea Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 22, 2018
    Dayton, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched the replay on FSGo yesterday and thought they did a really good job. Pregame and Postgame show were shot on the stage and the camera work was better than the limited number of Spectrum Sports games I got to watch. The audio work was really good I thought, could definitely hear the Nordecke throughout, Wise Men Say was VERY prominent and at one time you could hear Zach setting up the wall.

soccerncbus repped this.
  8. crew2112

crew2112 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Dayton, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The Pre and Post game was nice. The host was from the Cleveland area I assume. She was very good at saying Sports Time Ohio and not so good at knowing the Crew players. That will improve in time. She was professional the whole time. Dwight and Neal did what they do best. As much as I like the 2 of them, I’d like to see an ex player rotate through. It’s nice to hear a player prospective once in a while. We are fortunate to have those guys as they are dedicated to this club.
    Maybe bring in a player for the pre and post show to go over the strategy’s etc.

Kyle Crew and soccerncbus repped this.
  9. Crew96Fan

Crew96Fan Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Production was miles better than anything Spectrum produced.. It looked like the broadcast for a professional team!!! Imagine that.

puttputtfc and soccerncbus repped this.
  10. soccerncbus

soccerncbus Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 29, 2018
    I would love to have a former player incorporated in some fashion. At the very least, I think it would be cool if they could rotate former players as guests on the broadcast or pre/post game shows.

11. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What was her name? I'll see if I know it from any of the Cleveland teams' broadcasts

12. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    I liked the fact it wasn't overproduced. My pet peeve is when I'm watching a game and missing live action due to replays and the slow motion agony cam.

soccerncbus repped this.
  13. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I found the name, Ashley Collins. She's Bruce Drennan's sidekick on his STO show and does some Browns stuff, especially in preseason.

14. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not only do the producers seem to have a fear of split-screen, but they'll also show the coach on the sideline doing an interview during the game. We don't need to see the coach standing there when a caption "Voice of..." would suffice.

Aaron d repped this.
  15. BigStern

BigStern Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 2, 2018
    Columbus by way of Lima
    LaMacchia repped this.
  16. the_rickler

the_rickler Member+

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    So I signed up for YouTube TV last night and it’s freaking amazing. If you’re a sports fan, this is definitely what you need. Awesome deal for $40 per month.

TRUJDUB and Crew96Fan repped this.
  17. boomshea

boomshea Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 22, 2018
    Dayton, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Direct Kick schedule was released for March. Looks like of the 4 games left this month, 3 will have the Columbus home stream which is a welcome change. Also, it looks like they switched to an RSN blackout (150 miles usually) for the Crew this season. Though I have been told those in Cincinnati should be able to access via ESPN+ as the games on FS Ohio and Sportstime Ohio are supposed to be blacked out due to FC Cincinnati.

http://www.tsq.com/alerts/MLSDK MARCH 2019 Schedule.pdf

crew2112 repped this.
  18. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it's pretty slick.

the_rickler repped this.
  19. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    What does it carry?

20. runningoz

runningoz Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I signed up Wednesday night to trial it over the weekend and make sure the Crew game came it. If it does, Monday morning spectrum cable will no longer be a thing in my home.

21. runningoz

runningoz Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    puttputtfc repped this.
  22. the_rickler

the_rickler Member+

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    They do carry FSO and FSO plus. I’ve already set the DVR for the next two games.
    Sports wise it has ESPN, ESPN 2, FS1, FS2, CBS Sports, FSO, TBS, and I’m not sure how but I’m able to watch a slew of Premier League and Champions League games. I’ve only been able to mess around with it for about an hour or two last night and this morning.
    It’s got all of the major channels I usually watch including all the major 24 hour news networks. We’ve also got my son covered with Cartoon Network and Disney JR. Sadly no cooking channel, Food Network for my wife.

puttputtfc repped this.
  23. runningoz

runningoz Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I'm just making sure I'm not blacked out, close to the border on the maps I've seen posted. Should be ok, but just making sure.

24. TomB

TomB Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Columbus, Ohio USA

25. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in Grandview and DirecTV Now blacked out the game thru DTVN but it works thru the Fox Sports app. Dumb.