CAA 2017

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by pridefan, Oct 8, 2017.

1. pridefan

pridefan Member

Aug 28, 2015
    Hofstra moved to 6-0 in conference play today, and is the first team to clinch a birth into the CAA tournament. In the process, they also broke the NCAA record with 26 corner kicks in the game.

HU and Northeastern are clearly top 2 in the conference. William and Mary finally picked up their first conference win today.

EvanJ repped this.
  2. Enzo the Prince

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Lots of parity in the CAA. Northeastern were 0-2 down to Elon today, before getting a 3-3 draw. I agree they & Hofstra are clearly the top two, but also think either could get knocked off in the conference tournament.

3. pridefan

pridefan Member

Aug 28, 2015
    Hofstra defeats Elon 2-0 to move to 8-0 in conference. They officially win the regular season title and will host the conference tournament.

4. pridefan

pridefan Member

Aug 28, 2015
    Tournament seedings are finalized
    1) Hofstra
    2) Drexel
    3) Northeastern
    4) James Madison
    5) William and Mary
    6) College of Charleston

5. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @pridefan

Do you live near Hofstra? I live nearby and attended from 2003 to 2007. I may go to the Semifinals on November 3 and/or the Final on November 5. I've never gone to a women's game in any sport. I'm willing to meet you if you go to those games. I got to meet the Men's Soccer and Women's Soccer coaches once. I saw Men's Soccer win their 2015 CAA Semifinal.

6. pridefan

pridefan Member

Aug 28, 2015
    I don't live near Hofstra, but I always make it back to campus enough to watch each team play at least once a season. I'd love to go to the CAA tournament, unfortunately I have prior commitments. You should definitely go if you're able though, and definitely try to check out the other women's sports teams, I know they all appreciate any support they can get.

7. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Northeastern 2-0 Drexel
    Hofstra 1-0 William & Mary (I went to the game)

Hofstra will host the Final on Sunday at 1:00 P.M. with the northernmost CAA teams.

8. pridefan

pridefan Member

Aug 28, 2015
  9. pridefan

pridefan Member

Aug 28, 2015
    What a great game, Pride coming out victorious 2-1 to win the championship and the prized auto-bid. Tough to go 10-0 in this conference, but the team had the talent to do it.
    Does Northeastern have any shot at an at-large? Would be nice to have 2 teams in the NCAA tournament.

10. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. Through last Sunday they were 58th in the RPI

11. Bucknuts3

Bucknuts3 New Member

Leicester City
    United States
    Oct 31, 2017
    What do you all think of the new hire at Towson St? My daughter is looking at this school.

12. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    KV is nice enough in person but was fired at Loyola when they joined the Patriot and won 1 league game and 2 overall that year. I don't think she has a coaching license either and she's been coaching basically rec soccer the past few years. She has a good resume as a player but her taking any credit for anything that happened at SAC or Towson United is just nuts.
    I think its an easy prediction that its going to get worse at Towson before it gets any better and may not get any better at all. If you have any chance to 'wait and see' or wait as long as possible, that's the safest course. The previous coach made one CAA tournament in 10 years at Towson. I would not bet a dime Towson will be competitive in the CAA anytime soon. All the same reasons they were not good are still there and KV is not the kind of coach to over achieve or outwork everyone in that conference. All IMHO.

13. Bulldog13

Bulldog13 New Member

Oct 13, 2016
    The hire at Towson is an absolute joke. Someone should ask KV her opinion of Towson from just a few years ago and you'd never allow your daughter to play for her. She lives in Towson and it's a job of convenience. The work ethic she had as a player never translated over to her coaching.