PBP: CA Osasuna v FC Barcelona | J3 - La Liga 19/20 | 31 August 2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Aug 31, 2019.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Had a feeling this would happen.

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Osasuna looked good pressing when they were down. Why are they back to bunkering ?

3. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Win would have be unjust, Barca are still shit

4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Oh God Perez !!! WTF !!! What a ball from Arthur.

5. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He just had to square it to Griezmann for the open net goal. Or you know, shoot.

6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He was about to shoot but saw GK was covering the shot and 2nd guessed himself.

7. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    A whole 1st half wasted with Sergio Roberto in MF instead of Arthur

puyol, Forzabarca and celito repped this.
  8. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Is Fati the Ansu to our prayers?

condor11, evil_allan, celito and 2 others repped this.
  10. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Craperto is a curse, a ********ing curse. Imagine without him and Shitmes what Barca could have achieved.

If Shitmedo performed like Craperto he wouldn't get a single minute..I wonder why!!

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Was always going to be a tough start away at Athletic and Osasuna

12. Curls

Curls Member

Oct 22, 2017
    Sergi Roberto has played a total of 260 minutes out of a possible 270 minutes this season.

13. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Good thread title.

inswinger and evil_allan repped this.
  14. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What ever Roberto has on the board it must be dynamite for him to continually get picked.

15. miguel9

miguel9 Member

May 1, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I thought that Osasuna could've been called for a penalty when the defender took out Fati when the ball was crossed to him.

16. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

I thought there was one on the 1st half too

17. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The two PK shouts we had plus the high boot to Carles Perez that was called just a simple foul... VAR sure gets dialed down when a call might favor us.

18. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    #68 condor11, Sep 2, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    and Semedo at right back....Sergi is still our best right back.

Semedo is not cutting it but I suppose he is younger that SR (barely)

19. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    To be honest, I haven't been impressed by Semedo, he is offering nothing in Attack and defensively he's been suspect as well. I hope he improves his game otherwise, Wague is the answer, for me.

celito repped this.
  20. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He has been playing with Craperto in the midfield , let him play with a midfield of Busi/jong/Arthur and see what he can do , he always seem a bit off when that useless **** plays alongside him , i thought validiot will figure that out after the Roma game but here we are now and he still plays them together , can't expect someone that stupid to notice it really.

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If Roberto is the long lost son of Valverde, Semedo is the long lost son of some in this forum. Every excuse made for a player who played one season for Benfica and for all intends and purposes, is still only a promise.

The only thing I've seen from Semedo so far is that he is blessed with speed. But his movement isn't even that nimble. He is fast in one direction. Good at 1v1 defending and making up space to catch a player, but not great positionally and below average going forward.

22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Messi also tends to play on that side, while Pique and MAtS are the 2 closest guys covering his back. Those 3 played every game last 2 seasons. Not that difficult of an environment for Semedo to settle in-to.

23. Curls

Curls Member

Oct 22, 2017
    The fact that no right back was bought in the summer speaks volumes about the board and manager. Semedo hasn't impressed but then again he hasn't been given enough of a chance in the past couple of seasons and Roberto is clearly not up to it, so why has a right back not been brought in? Genuinely baffling, well maybe not considering Bartomeu and Valverde are the two guys running things.

All that said, while Semedo hasn't been brilliant i'm prepared to give him a little more time to find his feet in the team. That might sound strange considering he has been here for a couple of seasons now but the cold hard facts are that he has been in and out of the side since he arrived, give him a couple of months of consistent first team football and lets see what he is capable of. If he is still under performing then bring in a new right back in January.

24. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I mean, you see the dilemna though, right? To insert a guy, who you admit hasn't impressed, in the starting XI for 20 or 25 games in-a-row just to see if his play might improve...

Anyway, we may still get an answer as Semedo has play almost every minute in La Liga so far this season.

25. Curls

Curls Member

Oct 22, 2017
    #75 Curls, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    What's the alternative? Roberto? It's better to play someone that might turn out to be good enough for the role rather than someone that certainly isn't.

As i said, allow Semedo to grow some confidence by playing him week in week out, none of this chopping and changing nonsense that he has gone through for the past couple of years, if he is still under-performing then bring someone in in January. Roberto isn't up to it, which is why every top side in the Champions League targets that flank all game! Liverpool's tactics in the first leg were pretty much, 'give it to Mane', things changed when Semedo came on not because he is a world beater but because of 2 reasons, 1. Mane couldn't simply breeze past him whenever he wanted and 2. Liverpool had to more mindful of pushing players forward down their left as Semedo could cause damage on the counter.

If Semedo is not trusted then a right back should have been a priority this summer, forget De Ligt, forget Neymar, splash the cash and get in a right back. Full backs play significant roles in today's game, particularly ones that can get up and down the pitch with ease. Cancelo would have been a good signing.

So in short, Roberto not up to it, Semedo possibly up to it. Board and manager have been useless.