Post-match: CA 2015, Rodada 1: Brasil x Peru, 6/14 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If Felipão and Dunga can't get that message across, I think it's a lost cause.

2. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm somewhat afraid of that right now. But I'd rather find out (by benching him and giving him the chance to recover or completely full apart) than leave him out there.

On a lighter note, can anyone get me a gif of Neymar's pass for us to ... hmmm... "drool" over in the forum?

3. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    He gave that stupid PK against Uruguay in the Confed Cup but yeah for the most part he solid for us but I think his nervousness today is a sign to come.

4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think the team as a whole is missing that "boleiro" attitude that past teams had. DL is the worst of them all, but Thiago Silva also cried vs Chile at the WC. These guys are veterans on the team. You'd never see such a scene with past teams.

[​IMG]

celito and Ombak repped this.
  5. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    I believe it was around 10 fouls. I watched it in Bein Sports Spanish and they counted 10 fouls from 007.

Before the game started they called Fernandinho 007, he has a license to kill and not get carded. Butcherzinho lived up to his name.

6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The team is missing a couple of more real craques. A really good leader CB and a great striker IMO would do the job. Assuming we'd have Oscar and Coutinho as options in the mid.

Neymar can only carry us only so far up front with Goals. Firmino seems decent, but I am not sure he will be enough.

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    ESPN gamecast says 6. They are typically not wrong. Are you talking about fouls not called by the ref as well ?

8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Fernandinho doesn't commit nearly as much fouls at City than he does for us. Clearly a result of Felipão and Dunga's tactics.

9. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If we beat Colombia on Wednesday then Neymar should be rested vs Venezuela so he wont get a yellow and be banned from the quarterfinals!!

10. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Willian was very good. He plays with flair and passes very well but doesn't have the goals and assist to his name.

11. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    City midfield control the game better than Brazil does.

benni... and nicephoras repped this.
  12. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    My thoughts:

1. First goal - wtf by all of Luiz, Jefferso and Alves. Alves falls asleep, Jefferson with a ludicrously bad clearance, Luiz with a too casual play. Just boot it high! Though that said, I think Jefferson was even more casual with the clearance than Luiz was wit the pass. It wasn't THAT dangerous of a situation.
    2. Good cross by Alves for the Neymar goal, but he was so ludicrously unmarked! How does that happen at this level?
    3. Neymar was great, albeit should really have finished another one of the really good opportunities. Still too inconsistent to be truly great.
    4. Willian's dribbling isn't amazing, but his passing was fantastic. Both with switches and shorter passes. He was Brazil's most consistent (not best - that was Neymar) player. He's one of the reasons why I'm still not convinced by "advanced" personal stats for players - he had a great game, yet on a stat sheet you basically see a zero.
    5. Fred - haven't seen him before, but I'm getting strong whiffs of Denilson. That sequence with the umpteen stepovers and leg twitches that led to him losing the ball was comical.
    6. Fernandinho - was he alive in the firs thalf? He was in the second half, but not in a good way. Elias was equally anonymous, though given that he was doing even more of the dirty work, I suppose that's not a bad thing.
    7. Hudson; Christ is he frustrating. I mean how much Barcelona ball gargling is he going to do? I love how he keeps referring to Neymar as a Barca player but Willian as the "ex-Corinthians" player. LOL. He was complementary to Willian, so I'm not at all annoyed at that, but Jesus, enough already. I get it, Barca is really good. But other teams do exist.
    8. Brazil are missing players at two obvious positions - central midfield and a #9. It may be time to consider dropping Oscar further back (when he returns) and playing him with an out and out destroyer, because Fernandhino and Elias are incapable of dictating play.
    9. Nice goal by Douglas Costa, but he was otherwise pretty bad. Firmino wasn't great either. Too many #10s, not enough 9s.

benni... repped this.
  13. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Fred is gonna be Dunga new 09 Ramires.

14. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    How so? They're completely different players. For all of Ramires' faults, he knows what he is.

15. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I didn't say he similar to Ramires in playing style just that his role for Dunga will be like Ramires in 2009 under Dunga. He is as versatile as Ramires which is one of the qualities I think Dunga likes.

16. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Ramires isn't especially versatile? :confused:

17. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'd LOVE to see a Luiz Gustavo (DMF) + Oscar (CMF) partnership. I believe Oscar has all the tools to play there.

18. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I think you'll need a #9 with pace if you're going to do that, because if you make it a midfield slog with sides being able to push up, Oscar will be overrun - he's just not physical enough. Firmino may be that player, but he's not really a classic #9 of that type, like Aguero. (Not saying he has to be as good as Aguero, but decent.)

19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We could have filled those positions too. Imagine having Judas and Thiago. Unfortunately, one never considered us and the other was, well, a Judas. :p

20. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He can play out wide, play centralized in a 3 man midfield, play in the double pivot ;)

Kaka10725 repped this.
  21. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Dunga does love the tactical foul but it isn't all him. These midfielders can't control a game.

22. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    He has even been utilized as an attacking midfielder for us.:eek:

23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Your favorite site, FootStats, also has 6 fouls.

http://www.footstats.net/jogadores/34540/#-tp2015-cp359-rrFaltaCometida

24. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    I was going by what the commentators in beinSports said.

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Nice compilation, but it's missing that beautiful futsal dribble at the center of the pitch in the first half. I can't find that anywhere.