Bye, bye Gylfi?

Discussion in 'Reading FC' started by Libertine1962, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Libertine1962

Libertine1962 Member

May 29, 2010
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    News has it he is moving to Hoffenheim on a $3M transfer. One of the few on the team who can actually finish. If it is true, so much for this season...

:(

2. Libertine1962

Libertine1962 Member

May 29, 2010
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is a done deal...but for a £6M fee.

So much for my optimism about making it back to the PL. I am resigned to the fact I am now rooting for a perrenial Championship squad...at best. With the way other teams have improved themselves this year I have a feeling realistic optimism will be staying out of the drop zone. Sigh...

:rolleyes: :(

3. Libertine1962

Libertine1962 Member

May 29, 2010
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So with all the newly freed up money we brought (back) in Zurab on a season long loan and signed Ian Harte? That's it?

I hear Lee Hendrie is going to given a try-out? So we give up the best young player in the Championship for a decent amount of money and are looking to sign 2 thirty-something year-old has beens plus get a player on loan whom we probably never will sign on a permanent deal?

In a scant few years we go from 8th in the PL to having to sell off all of our best talent just to survive?

I know that one player, Gylfi, doesn't make a team but when the team deals their best player, and only player who can finish on any kind of regular basis, and replaces him with a couple of players, who if they had "glory years" it was probably during the previous millenium, I think it is reasonable to question the commitment of the team's management to get the team back to the PL. Gutted...

Just sayin'...

:(

4. SlackerMacker

SlackerMacker Member

Sep 23, 2006
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!