BVB-Wolfsburg [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by jonam, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeyaBVB

HeyaBVB New Member

May 4, 2005
    Kiel, Germany
    Smoga: Wenn man keine Ahnung hat, einfach mal die Klappe halten :) Everyone can have a bad day ... even a 17 year old

2. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion

Curiously I think that Gambino wasn't that good today. Though he scored (that makes one more than Buckley this season ;-), but he lost many balls and most of the time didn't really take part.

3. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion

So what's your point Smoggy?

4. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Ah btw, forgot.....

"HAAAAAAANKE IST EIN HUUUUUURENSOHN, HAAAAANKE IST EIN HUUURENSOHN......!"

Would love to post that in the Schlacke thread, but I promised DF to stay away from PD's postings. ;-)

5. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    just finished watching the replay on FSC. Slow start, but she eventually got going. Odonkor ripped up that left defender. A few more lucky bounces and it could have been 5-2. Nice to see Ebi keep the pace up.

6. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    jonam the third one is not Dortmund's, can u upload or give me a link to gambino's goal?

7. Hypo-Luxa

Hypo-Luxa New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Austin,TX
    Wow, the first Dortmund game in awhile and they did not disappoint. Ok that defensive-goalkeeping bungle that led to Klimowicz's goal was pretty embarrasing but other than that a good performance.

I agree with Footyfan (although not as vociferously) that Gambino needs to play a bit better and more consistently to prove himself, but in the context of the statement (whether Gambino is better than Delron) I can see why it was made. I think we will all agree that the position is up for grabs and whoever does the best that week in training will get the start. Gambino wasn't bad, but he wasn't outstanding like Odonkor. He did a job and the lad got a poached goal for his efforts. Next game we'll see if he's proven himself. Schalke is going to be a tough game, no question about that. If he scores or at least does well then I think we can say that he's on the right track to becoming the everyday starter.

8. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    odonkor has the worst luck in the league.

By the way, you can go to www.********.com/forum, sign up and go to full matches. They regularly post full BVB matches and highlights. The game against Wolfsburg is up right now.

9. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    thank you! :)

AUF ZUM DERBYSIEG! :cool:

10. gunner_21

gunner_21 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Just now have some time to talk about the match. I watched it on my girlfriend's laptop which was pretty cool. I'm not much on the latest technology so please forgive me for being so "ignorant". Anyway, Smolarek and Gambino were great up front. Defense again was suspect but Degen put together perhaps his best match with BVB. Sorry to see Metz get slapped in the face and actually feared that it was going to be the demise of the backline. Rosicky was excellent. Odonkor is so fast that he outran the ball a few times, but as I've read a little the pitch was slippery so I can forgive him. All in all a nicely played match. Hopefully the offensive performance carries over to next weekend. Defensively...........I'm very nervous with them, any word on Metz? He should play correct?

11. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yes. Metzelder can probably play on Saturday.

12. gunner_21

gunner_21 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Thanks for the update, I just read a little while ago that his nose is not broken, which is very good news.

13. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude! Plenty of us are just learning this stuff! I'm happy you at least saw the match! :)

I thought the entire offense did well. Especially Rosicky and Smolarek. Rosicky was my Man of the Match and "Kicker" agreed. Both Rosicky and Smolarek made Kicker's "Elf des Tages" (Team of the (Match)Day)

I thought Gambino and Odonkor didn't do as well as Rosicky and Smolarek, but they did kick ass. I was especially impressed with Gambino. I hope he can keep it up. And yes, I do realize I wanted Buckley to play, but BvM made the right choice and that's what counts to me. Don't mind being wrong.

TOTALLY AGREE!! In an interview leading up to the match, BvM said of Degen, "I think he's starting to grasp what it is I expect of him." It certainly looked that way on Saturday. Let's see if he can keep it up!

I saw that you've seen already that he's going to be OK.

All he was missing was a goal. He showed how much he can still influence a match.

I can't be so forgiving. I read that the pitch was only very slippery in the south penalty area where the pitch heating system wasn't operating. It was very clear that area had been frozen by the discoloration.

Also, everyone played on that same pitch, so I can't make excuses for Odonkor. I think Odonkor's problem is that all he can still really do well is run and cross. He needs to work on ball control. I was especially pissed off when the blew that chance in the second half after Gambino sent him away with a BEAUTIFUL PASS!!

I hope to see the same enthusiasm, but better finishing. I think Smolarek should have had two goals yesterday.

I think the defense might kill us too. But we can only hope. And yes, CMetz is expected to play on Saturday at the S#ithole In Gelsenkirchen.

14. lemons

lemons Member

United States
    Nov 20, 2004
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    I'm late. I know.

That being said, what a game! We really did play well, and three points were most certaintly deserved. Smolaerk played well and he seemed to be a nuisance for Wolfsburg. Overall, the commitment to attack was entertaining, and it paid dividends.

I'm looking forward to another three points against Schalke.

EDIT: Now I'm hoping I'll find a channel that's carrying the game this weekend. FSC has Bielfeld and Hamburg. Does anyone know if it'll be on somewhere in the US?

15. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion

Maybe you'll have a chance to watch it on pplive - a streaming tool. There you can watch Chinese channel CCTV5, which shows two Bundesliga matches every weekend. Check their schedule whether Schlacke-BVB is broadcasted there.

16. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Replied to this in the new "BVB @ Scheisse 0-6" thread.