BVB vs. Bayern

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Nov 4, 2017.

1. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Zidane came out of nowhere?!?!! LOL is this a joke?

Or did you mean Mohammed Zidane. He sucked and I hated that deal.

2. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    @eaglespark , the reasons I didn't want to discuss our boy is because the only thing that will change my mind on him is time, and I don't want to be the stereotypical arrogant American CP apologist in this forum.

If he does not continue to improve, then I will have to reconsider my belief he is going to be in the BdO conversation at some point in his career. As I said in my last post we do not even know his ceiling. I do know he is all of two months into his 19th year, and he is already being asked to create most of the offense at one of the top clubs in the world while playing in a system that requires fullbacks, and he has a centerback behind him.

I don't think we can discount his workload at this age. He got off to a great start, got overworked, beat up, and heartbroken because the USMNT is in such a sorry state. His mates not named Max at BvB have let him down missing numerous sitters. BvB as whole have had a terrible run of luck in decisions that have not gone their way. I predicted in another thread that he will come back after the break looking like a new player. He will be rested for the first time since the start of the season. If he doesn't, then what I see as reasons for his lack of all world production quickly become excuses, and he is still a very nice player. He is without doubt the best ever American.

I just thought it might be better to make a prediction and wait and see how it plays out. If it works, I sound prescient rather than a deluded American thinking our GOAT could somehow be a Golden Boy destined to win the BdO winner. It even sounds silly typing so I understand how others could be skeptical.

3. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Relatively Zidane did come out of no where. He was a talent, but as a teenager nobody was saying he would be the best player in the world.

I saw Messi's debut and I alongside many other people thought he would surpass even Ronaldinho.
    Fair enough, but Wenger has a great quote where he says "every man thinks his wife is the most beautiful." The majority of people are biased when we talk about players from our country.

We will see how he develops.

On the other hand I think Dembele left Dortmund too soon. It could hamper his development.

y-lee-coyote repped this.
  4. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #79 Scheherazade, Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017

No problem. I have nothing against Pulisic and I do not expect him to do a Steve Cherundolo and stay with us forever. That would be bloody naive.

I actually think Dortmund and Pulisic fans will all be happier when he moves on to England. The German fans will be happy with fewer so-called bandwagoners criticizing Dortmund for not letting Pulisic play or not helping him perform to his fullest potential when he has occassional bad games which are normal for his age. The Pulisic fans get to watch him in an English language medium and see him hyped up as a star with more global media coverage.

In fact, it would be much better for Dortmund if Pulisic carried America to the World Cup, that way his value would reach astronomical levels and we could sell him for a massive fee. Unfortunately Dortmund will not get to benefit from any world cup marketing and hype...

I would not worry about Pulisic getting broken by the USMNT. He has a good head on his shoulders and he is not the first player who is super exceptional compared to his fellow countrymen and considered the best talent ever produced by his nation. George Weah, Pierre Emerick Aubameyang and Henrikh Mkhitaryan are other examples and they do well despite the pressure. Pulisic will cope.

5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's just dumb. I would hate to lose Pulisic. I hope he stays with us until his 30s.

Liquid1010 repped this.
  6. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Lol good luck to that if we do not make the Champions League for one or two seasons.

Then you will see how loyal Pulisic and his army of fans are to Dortmund when some Premier League club comes calling.

7. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Missing out on CL two seasons? If that happens Pulisic and his army of fans will be the least of BvB's problems.

Liquid1010 and bvbSlash repped this.
  8. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #83 Scheherazade, Nov 24, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    Lol. Don't worry, Borussia Dortmund won't fold. The situation now is better than 2004.

In the Bundesliga the possibility of missing the champions league in a bad year always exists for any club that is not Bayern. Schalke, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg are not in Europe at all. I am not sure if you are a Dortmund fan or not, maybe not, but in the mid to late 2000s we did not play in Europe. Klopp did not get us back to champions league immediately, we played Europa for a couple of seasons.
    At worst Pulisic, Weigl and Guerreiro will leave and the management will change, that was always going to happen as Watzke retires.

Rosicky j
    umped ship when the club was near bankruptcy, Götze jumped ship when the club reached a Champions League final. Players have left Dortmund in the good times and bad, funny how talking about the realistic possibility of Pulisic leaving gets people all riled up.

9. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If we didn't get riled up, we wouldn't be fans of this club.

10. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    That's natural. I get riled up over the club and our games. But it is realistic to acknowledge that very few players will spend their entire career at one club in this day and age.

11. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    While true.... this club should see consistent progression. Every team goes through ups and downs, but we have been headed in the wrong direction on the field for 4 years (with minor ups and downs). That needs to be rectified asap, and keeping top tier players is a major step in that process.

I'm not American, but I'll be honest in saying Pulisic is likely our single most prized asset right now. The kid is smart, level-headed, immensly talented, and highly (highly!) marketable. I would give up anyone on our squad to keep him..... with Gotze and RG being the only others at that level.

kbvb and bvbSlash repped this.
  12. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    One step further.... If we retain him, I fully see him being a candidate for Captain within 3 yrs.

13. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Guerreiro and Götze do not have the physical ability to play for a better team. We can keep them because this is their level. Guerreiro has been used as LWB LW or LCM, because of his offensive ability is better than his defending. I dont think Pulisic will be here in 3 years, hopefully you are right and get many reps for it lol.

14. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Not sure what your are on about, you mad bro?

Peter Bosz' football has been dross, and it does not appear to take into account the individual players and how to get the most out of each spot in the 11.