BVB vs. Bayern

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Even the ref is was hurt!

2. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You guys are better than this. Your coach needs to go

redstarforever_ and Liquid1010 repped this.
  3. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Virtually the whole team was poor today. Bayern weren't great, but it was an easy match for them.

Pulisic though was excellent. He really had a brilliant game. It will be said that we had our chances, but everything we created came from brilliant individual play by Pulisic

4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Absolutely awful performance against a side we could have easily beaten with pre 2015 Jurgen Klopp or Thomas Tuchel. Peter Bosz doesn't have a ********ing clue. It's like a teenager who did well on football manager and is now living a dream.

Bürki 5: at fault for not flushing out Alaba's floater.

Sokratis 7: best defender

Toprak 3: adds nothing to the defence

Schmelzer 4: lacks match practice but he's so not a top club player

Toljan 4: also lacks match practice. Thrown in at the wrong time.

Bartra 5: slightly better. But that's not saying much. Nice consolation though.

Castro 1: if this guy can become a professional footballer, anyone can.

Weigl 3: Looks lost for the most part

Kagawa 6: very well played. No end result.

Yarmolenko 2: he's got to be better than this.

PEA 2: he's invisible except when he misses

Pulisic 9: easily the best player on the pitch.

Sancho 3: meh

Götze 3: He should have started. Was rather poor in his cameo but since he occupied the no. 10 role there was potential there.

Bosz 0: he got absolutely nothing right. We needed Jupp more than Bayern. We are finishing the weekend in 3rd!!!! FFS.

redstarforever_ repped this.
  5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is it just me or were there far too many times the camera panned onto her ass?!?

Boandlkramer repped this.
  6. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

7. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    I agree with other ratings. Maybe a little higher for Kagawa? I thought he was shifty with the ball. He was creating confusion with nice little touches.

But Yarmolenko I thought was good. Yes he missed that one, so he can't have the 6 I thought he earned otherwise, but he does a good job combining up the wing to move the ball forward. He succeeds going forward over and over, which is required since there was no success in the middle. And he tracks on defense surprisingly well. I give him a 5 after docking him for the miss. I wish he could find a way to get more of his lefty shots off from the corner of the box.

And Sancho I thought brought some pace, and the game after he came on was more wide open. I can't say exactly why but it seemed like somehow he was influencing the defenders in a way that opened it up. I'd also give him a 5 in his cameo.

Pulisic was very good. But on that late chance, maybe 80th minute, when Auba(maybe?) got in alone and put a shot on goal that was deflected into wide open space in the middle, Pulisic was stationary and way out at the wing. If he had be running in then he has a tap in. I think he has to anticipate that a deflection is likely coming and be in the place for the dangerous deflection. Even if the deflection does go to the wing it isn't dangerous. Run into the place where luck can find you.

8. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pulisic had 14 take ons and 8 successful ones. Both highest in the BL this season.

If he considers leaving I won't blame him.

Liquid1010 repped this.
  9. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    FFS. Now they've got their panties in a bunch over Steinhaus.

926891422170714112 is not a valid tweet id

10. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wtf?!?
    926904937417715712 is not a valid tweet id

11. Quigs

Quigs Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    YArnslenko missed 3 not 1 . Second week in a row a sitter . Looks great at times and rubbish too .

12. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Well I wasn't too far off with my 1 - 4 prediction. Next week we could be all the way down to 8... (unless some teams play each other...)

13. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad there aren't really any other CB options in the squad with Sokratis and Toprak playing badly and Bartra needed to fill in at RB. Actually I'd happily take a shaky Toljan on the right side just to free up Bartra to play in the middle.

Pulisic is playing well but I'd like to see him playing in the middle, either alongside Kagawa/Götze or in a reconfigured formation as #10. Get the most in-form players in the game in a position to succeed.

14. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    not with PB in charge

15. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Really, after one good game? The comments at the bottom of every ESPN Dortmund article are the same. The writer gave him a 3/10 one time and was lambasted by the American commentors. Now he gets a 9/10 and the American fans say he is too good for Bvb.

16. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stefan was kinda contrite on his podcast about the 3/10. Makeup call?

17. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm not America. Couldn't care less about his nationality. My point was more about the awful decisions Watzke keep making when it comes to football.

18. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I feel sympathy for BVB fans. Another joke performance.

The CL has been an embarrassment, the BL is now becoming an embarrassment and the Pokal will be over in the next round. What an absolute cluster********.

Good players are consistently being made to look crap, what justification is there for not firing Bosz immediately? This team is capable of a lot more, and something needs to be done urgently to stop the collapse.

Firing coaches this early might seem premature and rash to some, but sometimes it is best to admit a mistake and stop the damage asap.

Liquid1010 and bvbSlash repped this.
  19. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not only are good players made to look crap they are being blamed for not performing in a system that's faulty. You can field 11 Lionel Messis and they'd be complete garbage in a brainless system.

Just fire PB, hire a competent coach and move on. Watzke needs to go as well. I'm sick of this idiot in his clown shoes.

redstarforever_ and eaglespark repped this.
  20. DortmundXXX

DortmundXXX Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    You play mediocre players, you get mediocre performances. Castro, Toprak, Burki are all mediocre.

Obsidian repped this.
  21. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    To be fair, he has had more than one good game. He has had games where he is almost unplayable and he has had games where he has been average. Honestly I am more concerned about the USMNT breaking him, he really is too good for us, and for Concacaf abuse he got. I am almost glad we aren't going to the world cup, so he does not get overworked at his young age. He really is too good for the shit players he had to play with this cycle.

As an American I would like for him to stay at BvB and become like Steve Cherundolo as a one club player. We all know that is unlikely to happen due to the ridiculous money in the PL for player salaries. This is compounded by the widely held perception (not necessarily reality) that Dortmund is a selling club and perennial runner-up.

I would be shocked (and ashamed) if he handled his business like Dembele though, he has always acted with class and honor. Watzke needs to keep his wages competitive, and the end of his contract as far in the future as possible.

I really feel for you guys, you get in a position to win trophies and something terrible happens. Coach change, star player(s) get tapped up and leave, bus bombing, ego's clash, etc.etc.

I don't like this coach, even if i understand why TT was no longer a viable choice. PB might be okay if he can get a top flight RB in the transfer window. Problem is you might be adrift in the middle of the table by then.

Not all Americans are ignorant about football, and not all of us are obnoxious assholes. I would like to see him stay and perfect his game and become legend for your club. I know it is offensive to hear your club downrated as a stepping stone, but when a club for whatever reasons can take a player like Julian Weigl and make him look average there is cause for concern.

This concern is over the top because we have produced exactly one player in our entire football history that has been a true CL level player with the chance of becoming a star at that level. You have many in every generation, we have one guy in our entire history. So if we seem to take an unhealthy interest in him, and then voice ignorant opinions it isn't personal.

22. redstarforever_

Feb 23, 2017
    sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    we were totally all over the place!

new coach pronto!!

bloody hell the way we're going not even sure about 2nd place,, sh!!ts gotta change! :/

23. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Pulisic is a very talented player and could potentially be world class. If he fulfills his potential he should be the best American player of all time, probably the best Central or North American player. However, he can be replaced.

Losing Dembele was a really, really bitter blow. It's not often that a club like Dortmudn will have a player capable of being the very best in the world.

24. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Damned good thing you still have one then, even if you don't rate him.

I know you think that is preposterous, but look how bang average Weigl looks under Bosz and how great he looked under TT.

CP is one of the top young players in the world, and he is playing for a coach in over his head. Very little of his play has been at his favored position with a real FB behind him. None of it has been central, which is his true natural position. We really do not know how good he can be just yet.

Dembele is not the one you are missing. When a team like BvB is shipping goals at the rate they have been, Dembele was not going to help that. Tuchel is missed even if he has an impossible personality.

Tuchel said last season that RG was the player BvB could least afford to lose and the start of this year bears that out.

I am not going to debate about CP in this forum, but I want to be on record disagreeing with you on this, so later I can come back and say, "I told you so." :cool:

bvbSlash repped this.
  25. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    This is a BVB forum and Pulisic is a BVB player, there is no reason not to discuss him here.

It's not that I don't rate Pulisic. I have said he can become a world class player, but I don't ever see him becoming the best player in the world. I could be wrong and some players like Zidane come out of no where to be great. However, if he can reach the level of say Bale or Reus, that would be a phenomenal achievement.

Dembele on the other hand is a talent I put up there with Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Iniesta and Robben. Guys you knew from the start could get to the top of the game.

Pulisic is very young and I have seen a lot of him not just this year under Bosz. If America have a player at the level of Bale or Reus they should celebrate.