NSR: BVB NSR Thread: Name Pending

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by MatthausSammer, Nov 30, 2015.

1. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What?! Trudeau would be seen as no different than Saddam if he cut ties with the Americans?! I have no idea how to even start with that statement.

2. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    With all the dislike for Bush, he left the office after 2 terms, did not pick a puppet succesor, his daughters did not torture national team players after a loss and well...:)

Some South Ameican guys are in love with ex military/dictator types.

3. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Just out of curiosity, what do you (I don't mean only you Dave) think of Chomsky and did you read anything from him?

4. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    I dead read a few of his works in college. He is too left for my taste. The truth is somewhere in the middle, as always.

5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You do realize that a lot....a lot of people looked upto Saddam. Just like a lot of people hold Fidel Castro in high esteem. Also Americans have a strong ally in Saudi Arabia, a country where they have the same barbaric practices we accuse ISIS of and where they treat women like property.

If you don't understand how Americans, especially the 1% think you don't have a basis to kick off your argument.

Gundogan92 repped this.
  6. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Saudi Arabia is a kingdom. The majority of populatin are suni islamic and for the most, they are happy with their system. They don't have Kurdish, Christian and Shia problems, like in Syria or Iraq.

7. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You need to look past the main stream media. They aren't happy and they can't voice that unhappiness. Those that do have their heads separated from their bodies.

8. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Where do you look for your information?

P to the Wee repped this.
  9. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Anywhere but mainstream media. It's easier done than said. You don't even have to go into the dark web for this.

10. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    I knew it, nothing specific:)

11. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It is not easy to find. I wouldn't know where to look or take the time to look for it if I didn't already know a site gathering non-mainstream info. It's in Croatian, so not particularly useful to you :)

Dave46 repped this.
  12. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    I do rely on Western, Russian and Arabic press. In any case, Arabs should come out of that bs religious mentality. This is why, I like the Turks in the area, eventhough I'm not supposed to. For the most part, the secular majority is in tune with the rest of the world, the way it should be. Screw your religion if it hurts my comfort. Any religion.

13. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I agree with you.
    That extreme Islamic teaching is coming from Saudi Arabia, but they can't be touched because they have the West behind them.

Dave46 repped this.
  14. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    I agree on that part.

Just yesterday, an Arab-American guy killed 14 people at social services office in San Bernardino, CA.

Was he relgious? I don't know. Now I carry my gun in the truck stops, instead of keeping always in the truck.

Gundogan92 repped this.
  15. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I can tell you something specific but you or somebody else is going to discredit it because it doesn't fit their paradigm of credibility. So that's why I suggest to do your own research and find one which isn't getting kick backs by supporting a particular political agenda.

16. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Did you like Argentinian military diktatorship?

17. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    My parents moved when my mother was 3 months pregnant. I am as Argentine as Thiago Messi.

18. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Eh:)

19. BVB1989

BVB1989 Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Bled, Slovenia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Bull fu*king crap. Learn something about Gaddafi please.

20. Zarastro

Zarastro Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What should I learn about him? The fact that he was so crazy than nobody outside of his own country wanted to help him (even the Russians didn't think he was worth blocking the UN resolution) tells you more than enough. Sure, he was a shrewd politician managing to stay in power for 40 years while playing the influential tribes against each other, but he droped the ball badly at the end.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...8838644/Muammar-Gaddafi-in-his-own-words.html

The fall of Tripolis without much resistance just highlights how much his power had eroded.

21. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Libya under Gaddafi
    1. There is no electricity bill in Libya; electricity is free for all its citizens.
    2. There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at zero percent interest by law.
    3. Having a home considered a human right in Libya.
    4. All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 dinar (U.S.$50,000) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family.
    5. Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25 percent of Libyans were literate. Today, the figure is 83 percent.
    6. Should Libyans want to take up farming career, they would receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kickstart their farms are all for free.
    7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need, the government funds them to go abroad, for it is not only paid for, but they get a U.S.$2,300/month for accommodation and car allowance.
    8. If a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidizes 50 percent of the price.
    9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0.14 per liter.
    10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves amounting to $150 billion are now frozen globally.
    11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession, as if he or she is employed, until employment is found.
    12. A portion of every Libyan oil sale is credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.
    13. A mother who gives birth to a child receive U.S.$5,000.
    14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $0.15.
    15. 25 percent of Libyans have a university degree.
    16. Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Manmade River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.

BVB1989 repped this.
  22. Zarastro

Zarastro Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #48 Zarastro, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    Yes, he did all that by using Libya's large oil reserves (using up approx. half of it) without building up anything resembling a lasting economy once the oil would dry up. And the situation was still bad enough for many young people who could not hope to get a decent employment under his regime to rise up and overthrow him. He used the oil revenue to make his regime bearable to the people, but rising unemployment and stagnant wages made more and more people upset in his last years. As many observers pointed out, Lybia could have done far more with its' incredible oil reserves than it did under Qadaffi and thanks to him Libya's future doesn't look promising at all.

You argument falls flat simply by how quick Qadaffis support evaporated. It was inevitable that his people would rise up against him eventually, if not in 2011 than a few years later considering the low oil prices would just escalated the economic problems there.

That doesn't mean that there haven't been many mistakes after his death, but Libya will benefit from his death down the line, even if it needs a few more years.

Edit: This excellent article was written before the Arab spring and when it didn't seem likely that he would lose his power soon.

How to squander a nation's potential

http://www.economist.com/node/14270103

23. BVB1989

BVB1989 Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Bled, Slovenia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    And tell me how does Libya looks like now without Gadaffi? Man give me a fu*kin break would ya?

Not forget to mention the refugee crisis would be much smaller if he would still be in power. And yeah not forget to tell how western countries funded those uprisings like everywhere across the globe. It makes me puke really.

And don't post this western propaganda please. It makes me puke too!

24. Zarastro

Zarastro Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #50 Zarastro, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    Don't let facts get into the way of your ideology... .

Dave46 repped this.