BVB General Transfer Thread III [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    The need to win EL. No way Ilkay goes there without CL football.

2. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Don't care. I don't want Pool to win the EL for reasons other than Götze. I'd rather have Spain get 5 teams in the CL than England.

3. kbvb

kbvb Member

May 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    What if he requests another 1-year extension and we sell him next summer for 20-25m?

4. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This kid is pumped!

MatthausSammer repped this.
  5. Sir Niney

Sir Niney Member+

Apr 12, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    This past season was a marriage of convenience between Gundogan and Dortmund, and that didn't work out so badly. Doing the same again needn't be a bad thing either, especially if his eventual replacement is already in the squad.

6. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Our mgmt has said no. Probably cuz TT doesn't want to work with short term players who see us as a stepping stone club. In fact even he said at the press conference that Ilkay would be making a bad decision by signing a 1 year contract.

Liquid1010 and MatthausSammer repped this.
  7. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree. Make a commitment one way or the other.

8. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's better for both Ilkay and BVB to either make a clean break now or extend long term, especially because his future market value / earning potential are volatile owing to his injury history. The risk of something going wrong next year presents cash flow uncertainty for both, and it's difficult to TT to balance win-now vs. development without a clear cut answer.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  9. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    For a long time I wanted the guy to extend. Despite the injury. But after the whole Hummels thing I'm just flat out jaded. If players don't care about our club or at least the fans who propogate their careers why should the intermediary i.e. club do the same about the players? Even if we get peanuts we send the guy packing. Let him rot. We got cash and we need to get Tielemans and close this midfield no. 8 story ASAP.

Oh and fück Gotze too for even considering another club after his Bayern embarrassment. Let him go to Pool and bomb there, fighting with playing time against a couple of Brasilians while not playing CL football.

eaglespark repped this.
  10. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Apparently Carlo is using his Chelsea connections to get them to sign Gotze.

11. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    And Conte is a 4-3-3 guy. Great:)

12. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's not just that. He doesn't play with a central playmaker. He prefers deep lying play makers along with pure wingers in a 2 striker front line formation. The player closest to Gotze that Juventus have is Dybala and he came into the forefront after Anto left. Chelsea would just be Bayern 2.0 for Götze.

Dave46 repped this.
  13. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I still do not understand why are we linked with mediocre players like Toprak. There are clearly more viable and better options than him. Just sign Sule and Dragovic and the club will have a young and existing CB prospect along with a sturdy & proven defender.

That news about a possible new GK are interesting, as Burki hasn't really shown that he deserves to be our long term №1. Maybe that is the case because he doesn't really have any worthwhile competition - Roman cannot seriously be counted as competition, neither can Bonmann. A possible Horn transfer will push both parties (Horn & Burki) to show their best.

As for Gundo - his money whoring in the recent past along with the Hummels shenanigans really begs the question "Should we really put an effort to keep a player, who is obviously in a constant search for a bigger paycheck?". He plays an important part on this outfit, but so did Kagawa, Gotze, Lewandowski when they left. And here we are in the present day - still alive and kicking. We will survive without him. There are players that can replace him. Although names like Tielemans/Torres/Dahoud are discussed, I have a cheeky feeling that Merino will be the one replacing him and that management is hoping that he is a new Weigl type signing.

14. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    They bought Dybala this season under Allegri, where do you come up with this stuff, Conte has no issues with a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2 or a 4-1-3-2 etc etc. He worked with what he had in Juventus but he wanted to play 4-3-3 kind of with wingers & never had the players for that.

You could play with a 6, 8 & 10 in a 4-3-3, LVG did with Oranje. I am not saying he will go to Chelsea, they have Willian, Oscar & if required Hazard & Fab, it is over-crowded. But given his low/moderate price, Pool, Spurs, United should all jump in - Even if he flops, he would still be able to be sold for 18-20M odd given his age!

15. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Conte DID have issues with a 4 man backline. Why do you think he struggled against Bayern in his first year back in the CL and then Real and Gala the following year? He never ever deployed a 4-2-3-1 formation.

What do you mean by he "worked with what he had"? A club that owns its stadium, had one of the highest earnings in Serie A (now they are the highest by a huge margin). Let's look at his transfers. His notable transfers are either strikers or 2nd strikers like Tevez, Anelka, Bendtner, Matri and Vucinic or legit wingbanks like Asamoah, Isla, Lichsteiner. Other than that the midfield of Marchisio, Pirlo, Vidal and Pogba was pretty standard throughout his tenure not to mention the backline of Chiellini, Bonucci and Barzaghli. Not a single player was purchased to be a no. 10 playmaker. Clearly I'm getting information from watching them, looking at TM etc. as opposed to pulling nonsense out of your ass.

16. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Miki is giving out signs of renewal. Updated his bvb picture on his facebook.

17. sanky

sanky Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    well i really don't see that as a sign of renewal or something .. lets see what happens in 10 days of time

18. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #16068 MatthausSammer, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
    Liquid1010, chewz and Dave46 repped this.