BVB Finances - "We make money the old fashioned way. We EARN it."

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by Berchtesgaden, Aug 28, 2013.

1. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Are you sure that we pay the entire transfer fees up front? Most clubs pay it in installments subject to agreed terms and conditions.

2. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Are you referring to the bonus that's paid out? If so that is contingent on what the individual player contracts stipulates.

Speaking of CL money, I wish we knew how much we made on CL matchday revenues. Higher attendance + higher ticket prices generally mean we make more from these matchdays as compared to BuLi matches.

3. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Finacial results are out:

Borussia Dortmund announces preliminary results for the fiscal year 2013/2014
    Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co. KGaA / Key word(s): Preliminary Results
    14.08.2014 11:58
    Dissemination of an Ad hoc announcement according to § 15 WpHG, transmitted by DGAP - a service of EQS Group AG. The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.
    Borussia Dortmund recorded a double-digit million profit in the third fiscal year in a row.
    In the past financial year (1.7.2013 - 30.6.2014) the Borussia Dortmund Group recorded consolidated revenues of EUR 260.7 m. (previous year EUR 305.0 m.). Adjusted for transfer revenues the consolidated revenues increased from EUR 253.4 m. (previous year) by EUR 2.8 m. to EUR 256.2 m. despite the comparatively early elimination from the UEFA Champions League in the quarterfinal. Consolidated net profit of the group amounted to EUR 12.0 m. (previous year EUR 51.2 m.).
    The group revenues amounted to EUR 260.7 m. (previous year EUR 305.0 m.) and spread as follows: EUR 40.5 m. (previous year EUR 44.8 m.) match operations; EUR 81.4 m. (previous year EUR 87.6 m.) TV-Rights; EUR 73.0 m. (previous year EUR 69.3 m.) sponsoring; EUR 4.5 m. (previous year EUR 51.6 m.) transfer; EUR 26.3 m. (previous year EUR 20.3 m.) catering/other and EUR 35.0 m. (previous year EUR 31.4 m.) merchandise.

http://aktie.bvb.de/eng/IR-News/Ad-...iminary-results-for-the-fiscal-year-2013-2014

bvbSlash and chewz repped this.
  4. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    BERLIN (Reuters) – German football club Borussia Dortmund will on Thursday announce a capital increase that could bring it around 110 million euros in new funds, German business daily Handelsblatt reported on Wednesday.
    The club, last season’s Bundesliga runners-up, will issue up to 24.6 million new shares, the paper reported, citing sources close to the company. The report was from an advance excerpt of an article to be published on Thursday.
    Sportswear maker Puma, which makes Dortmund’s jerseys, and insurer Signal Iduna are prepared to take large share stakes, the report added.
    Dortmund said earlier this month it was talking with potential investors and expected a result by Sept. 30, and Puma’s chief executive has not ruled out an investment in the club.
    Dortmund’s shares closed at 4.93 euros on Wednesday, giving it a market value of about 303 million euros.
    The Bundesliga season starts on Friday.
    BVB and Puma declined to comment.

5. BVB1989

BVB1989 Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Bled, Slovenia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    That is great news!

6. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Additional details on the capital raise. Sadly far beyond my German skills. Hopefully English version soon.

Edit: I am not even allowed to read the information since dissemination outside of Germany might violate laws. Anybody in Germany with interest in this stuff. Here you go.

http://aktie.bvb.de/BVB-Aktie/Kapitalerhoehung-II-2014

bvbSlash repped this.
  7. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Shares placed today. The bolded text was done by me.

Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co. KGaA places app. 24.45 million

A total of 24,454,989 new shares for a subscription price of EUR 4.66 each has been placed within the framework established by the resolution passed on 21 August 2014, which resolution made use of the authorised capital of Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co. KGaA (the "Company"). 9,599,949 new shares (representing app. 39.3 per cent of all new shares) were placed by way of limited shareholders of the Company exercising their subscription rights. The other 14,855,040 new shares will be acquired by three strategic investors by way of a non-public private placement performed today. Through this corporate action, the Company will receive new liquidity (before deduction of costs) in the amount of app. EUR 114 million.
    All further steps required for the completion of this capital increase will now be executed. Once the capital increase has been performed and become effective through its registration in the Commercial Register, the Company's stock capital will have been increased to EUR 92.0 million (consisting of 92.000.000 non-par value shares). This has been the target value of the stock capital aimed at by the Management, so that the result of the corporate action presents itself as an all-around successful full placement.
    Evonik Industries AG of Essen, which company had acquired 6,120,011 shares in the Company in July 2014, has now, by exercising its subscription rights and in the course of the private placement, acquired additional 7,480,498 new shares and thus become the biggest single limited shareholder in the Company with an app. 14.78 per cent share of the voting rights, followed by Mr. Bernd Geske with an app. 8.21 per cent share of the voting rights and Ballspielverein Borussia 09 e.V. Dortmund with an app. 5.53 per cent share of the voting rights, each based on the increased stock capital. Following their acquisition of shares in the course of the private placement, SIGNAL IDUNA Allgemeine Versicherung Aktiengesellschaft of Dortmund with an app. 5.43 per cent share of the voting rights and PUMA SE of Herzogenaurach with an 5.0 per cent share of the voting rights in the increased stock capital will be further new and significant limited shareholders in the Company.

http://aktie.bvb.de/eng/IR-News/Cor...tmund-GmbH-Co.-KGaA-places-app.-24.45-million

8. Leadcomic

Leadcomic Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Long Island
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I find it amusing how millionaire BVB fan Geske had more shares on his own than Puma or Signal Iduna.

9. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Really!? :O
    I don't know much about this type of thing, why would you be breaking the law. And German or American law?

10. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    American laws are strict on this type of thing. The rights offering was not a public offering and since BVB is a foreign entity, my guess is they saw no reason to try and comply with any other countries applicable securities laws and regulations. The article mentinons not only American, but Canadian, Japanese and AUSTRALIAN laws as well.

@swit0539 - I hope you didn't cheat and look. You might be joining Uli. :D

11. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If Uli's getting a royal prison treatment, I might just consider looking too.

12. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Anybody know what our latest debt to equity ratio is?

13. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

I swear I didn't look!
    :whistling:..................................................:unsure:

14. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If you want to read it, I can use my proxy server to view the link and copy/paste it in here for you/

EDIT: Never mind. It appears that all you have to do is make up a fake address and name and you can DL it. Silly Germans.

swit0539 repped this.
  15. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
  16. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Advertising revenue grew! Retail revenue grew! Our brand is growing!!! I don't see a significant increase in personnel expense but I see that growing next year if we are able to extend Reus and Gundogan.

Liquid1010 repped this.
  17. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Our brand is doing well. Interesting to note that we got 39.122mln from domestic TV marketing... an increase of over 9mln. The new TV deal was among other factors cited as being behind the increase. Still a drop in the bucket compared to the Spanish giants, but that's the price for having a more balanced revenue distribution system I guess.

18. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not exactly because Serie A makes more TV revenue than we do. Of course their math involves a few more variables but their pool remains higher than ours. I think this comes down to us marketing ourselves in the CL better....and by that I mean a few more years of 1/4, 1/2 and final runs. Bayern will continue to do so but Bayer, S04 and MGB have to not embarrass themselves.

Liquid1010 repped this.
  19. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Serie A does have a larger pool, but I mentioned Spanish giants...i.e. RM and Barcelona. The new deal will actually take the BL past La Liga, but sadly still far behind the aforementioned.

In regards to Serie A, yes they do have a larger pool. That said, the distribution is more even than La Liga.

20. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes totally agree with you on that difference between La Liga and Serie A. I think (more like I hope) at some point in the future La Liga's model will change to something similar to Serie A. That model is not sustainable even if Atletico were to dominate the top 3 positions in the near future.

Liquid1010 repped this.
  21. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We have a Puma exec. on our board.
    https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news...-soccer-club-dortmund-162354689--finance.html

I suppose this is because they bought a 5% stake in our club. Makes sense since we've helped them recover after their forays into fashion didn't pan out well for their core business.
    https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/puma-footwear-sales-first-time-072511540.html

My concern with this is h0w much influence they'll have on our pricing moving forward. We've said no to requests for price increase from our caterers and Puma. Are things about to change? We have more fans come to see us play from outside Dortmund and maybe NRW than ANY other BuLi club and their respective city/state. I think we beat most English clubs too in that aspect.

22. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Q1 14/15 was out today. Release below with link.

Note:

Page 21 Events after the end of the reporting period.

Borussia Dortmund does not have any financial debt. The Group used the capital increases to repay all of its financial liabilities and all existing loans in October.

Excerpt from press release:

Borussia Dortmund continued in the first quarter (July 1st, until September 30th, 2014) of the fiscal year 2014/2015 its growth course. Group revenues increased by approx. 17,5% compared to the previous reference report period.

According to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) the Borussia Dortmund quarterly group result amounted EUR 2.4 m. (previous year EUR 1.4 m.). Group Revenues recorded EUR 70.0 m. (previous year EUR 59.5 m.). Group gross revenue amounted EUR 71.6 m. (previous year EUR 60.5. m.). Group Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) amounted EUR 13.9 m. (previous year EUR 9.7 m.). Group Earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) resulted in EUR 3.8 m. (previous year EUR 2.3 m.) in the report period.

Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co. KGaA recorded Earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) in an amount of EUR 0.5 m. (previous year EUR 0.3 m.) in the first quarter of the fiscal year 2014/2015. Earnings before taxes (EBT) amounted EUR 1.6 m. (previous year EUR 1.2 m.) in the first quarter, the result in the respective report period amounted EUR 1.4 m. (previous year EUR 1.2 m.).

http://aktie.bvb.de/eng/Publication...rterly-Financial-Report-1st-Quarter-2014-2015

Liquid1010 repped this.
  23. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    A couple of reports out on our website after quarterly earnings.

Close Brothers Seydler Research reaffirms their Buy rating.

A nice initiation piece from Hauck and Aufhauser Institutional research. Some decent work on the balance sheet and our capital raise.

http://aktie.bvb.de/eng/BVB-Share/Capital-Market-View

24. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  25. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Deloitte money league results are out for last year: We grew slightly but are still stuck in 11th spot. I'd expect this to get worse this year and even more so next year when we miss CL football.

Other clubs: Barcelona dropped, United gained despite missing CL football. Liverpool made a lot more money. Bayern might break the 500M mark next year. Juventus are just ahead of us. Our mgmt. team has a LOT to do in the next couple of seasons.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/7180/ga...5-deloitte-football-money-league?ICID=HP_BN_3

Berchtesgaden repped this.