BVB 2011-2012 General Discussion Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Jun 21, 2011.

?

How Will Borussia Dortmund Fare In The Upcoming 2011/2012 Bundesliga Season?

Poll closed Aug 5, 2011.
  1. BVB Will Repeat As Bundesliga Champions

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. BVB Will Finish In One Of Bundesliga's CL Places (2nd, 3rd or 4th)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. BVB Will Finish In A Europa League Spot (5th or 6th)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. BVB Will Finish Between 7th & 10th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. BVB Will Finish Between 11th & 15th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. BVB Will Wind Up In The Relegation Playoff (16th)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. BVB Will Be Relegated (17th or 18th)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I Don't Know How BVB Will Do, I Just Want The New Season To Get Here!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lemons

lemons Member

United States
    Nov 20, 2004
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Teams/players can be considered "great" without having won the "ultimate prize." For example, Barry Sanders and Dan Marino are considered two of the best football players ever, despite the fact that neither one of them ever won a Super Bowl.

2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Keith,

He just doesn't get it man...he is vomiting this same shit in other threads as well.

3. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's not stupid man. It isn't that he doesn't get it, it is that he doesn't want to get it.

As I said, when Bayern wins the league again, he'll be all over it like stink on shit.

He has to put more stock in the CL right now to feel better about his club currently being owned by us.

He just won't admit to it. He admits to everything but that.

As I said, you know I'm not making this shit up. You were around when I was saying the things I did about our '97 team.

Hell, I even said that Man U. team in 1999 might have actually been the best team in Europe, but in that CL Final, they were the luckiest.......

Just like Chelsea this season. They weren't the best. They were the luckiest.

Great for them. Like us in 1997, no one can ever take that trophy away.

But you and both know that 1997 BVB team and this Chelsea team were not the best teams in Europe when they won the CL.

4. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ..and Charles Haley has one for each finger on his right hand. Marino, one of the best ever...but will always have an asterisk, unlike Elway, who was 'lucky' to go out like he did. (ohhhh jocamryn USED to be an amerikuhn footbal fan)

and Cris...just facking put me on ignore, then you won't have to see my 'vomit', or respond to it. (deleted)

5. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And I don't know of anyone who rates Charles Haley ahead of Dan Marino on the list of the NFL's greatest players because Haley has rings and Marino doesn't.

Mark Rypien, Doug Williams and Trent Dilfer all have Super Bowl rings. Ahead of Marino? I think not. I don't think anyone rational would have rated Elway any lower had they not won the two SBs.

He still lost three Super Bowls too......

6. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Apples and oranges. But here we go with that Lions running back(sanders). Emmitt has more rings.

7. BVB1989

BVB1989 Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Bled, Slovenia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    My god how quickly has Gundogan made us forget Nuri. I was dreaming about Nuri's return but I don't want that anymore.

footyfan1 repped this.
  8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good! Good! LOL!!

Somehow, I get the feeling if he doesn't go to Bayern, he'll be back.

Not at the start of next season, but sometime in the next two years.

No evidence or basis. Just a feeling......

Pure speculation. Feel free to blast me for wasting time here! LOL!!

9. BVB1989

BVB1989 Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Bled, Slovenia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    You know how I like Nuri but...Nuri and Ilkay are two excellent players, quite similiar to each other. There is no room for both in Dortmund, unfortunately not. Someone would have to go or sit on the bench.

And I have a feeling if Nuri returns one day that he would be somehow inferior to Ilkay. He rots on Real bench when he should play every week.

10. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're getting it.......

But trust me, things aren't going to go great for us forever. I'm seeing injuries next season that might make room. Most likely to Bender.

Again, just my thoughts.

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If that occures, I would like to see a Leitner/Gundogan "partnership" take the front seat. I also think Kehl will still be Klopp's 1st choice in the double 6 next season. I am just amazed he got injured as little as he did this last season. When was the last time that actually happened? 3 or 4 years ago?

12. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So would I. But I get the feeling Sahin is going to get dumped at Real, look to return home and the club will accomodate him with a loan.

Just a feeling man. Real "crystal ball shit!" LOL!! :D

13. BVB1989

BVB1989 Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Bled, Slovenia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    I think in Kloppo's system you need one deep lying midfielder who has some excellent defensive abilites. Leitner has great offensive potential but defensive? I don't know...he's fast and agile but phsically very weak. So I don't think so we will see both Gundogan and Leitner playing together. Kehl and Gundogan if Bender is injured.

I'm thinking what if Leitner could play in Kagawa's spot? Oh dear we really have load of talent in midfield with Leitner, Amini, Bittencourt. If both Amini and Bittencourt are another jackpot than I'll be amazed with our scouting really! And I don't want to see another season seeing Leitner on the bench. I like this guy. Would be a waste of potential.

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Leitner's defense is coming along. However, if you're saying Leitner will never be a defensive "stalwart", I agree with you.

I would rather not have him playing the six along with Gundogan.

Leitner is coming along well. He will probably be a backup again this season, but there's no rush with him. None. I believe they are going to try to improve his defensive work and of course, he's versatile enough to play other positions.

If the injuries do come this season, perhaps he'll be one of the solutions. Even though last season, he was part of the "injured" for a bit..........

15. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    from the BvB website fyi:

BVB extend contracts of Owomoyela and Langerak

[31.05.] Borussia Dortmund have extended the contracts of two of their Double-winning players. Full-back Patrick Owomoyela (32) signed a one-year extension until 30 June 2013 while goalkeeper Mitch Langerak (23) committed himself to the 2012 German league and cup champions until 30 June 2016.

footyfan1 repped this.
  16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All,

XXXXX turned our normal Bundesliga tipping link to a Euro 2012 game. For those who haven't signed up here before and don't speak or read German, the language can be switched to English.

Join the Euro 2012 game and stay registered to tip the Bundesliga in the coming season!!

http://www.kicktipp.de/fck-bvb-1860/

17. aeroplane

aeroplane New Member

May 25, 2012
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    nextgenseries groups for 2012/13:

Group 1: Barcelona, Tottenham Hotspur, Olympiacos, Vfl Wolfsburg.

Group 2: Manchester City, Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Fenerbahce.

Group 3: Chelsea, Ajax, CSKA Moscow, Molde FK.

Group 4: Arsenal, Athletic Bilbao, Olympique de Marseille, RSC Anderlecht.

Group 5: Liverpool, Borussia Dortmund, Inter, Rosenborg BK.

Group 6: Sporting Clube de Portugal, Celtic, Aston Villa, PSV Eindhoven.

18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This should help us attract even more of Germany's young talents!!

19. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Stadium upgrades, Youth training ground and Club Mega Store.

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/b...ohle-von-manchester-united-24500188.bild.html

20. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

LMAO!!! What bullshit!! Not the story itself, but the fact that they try to make it look like all this is coming from the Kagawa money when in truth, probably NONE OF IT WILL!!

Watzke said we will use our OPERATIONAL PROFITS and the Kagawa money (which I think "Bild" stuck in there themselves) to do the infastructure upgrades. Seeing that we were going to bank possibly over 40M in operational profits and the infastructure upgrades are only estimated to cost around 12M, I think the Kagawa money has very little, if anything to do with this.

Even if we'd kept Kagawa, these upgrades were going to happen.

They are:

New Mega Fan Shop On Stadium Grounds: The new store should be ready sometime in 2013 at a cost of 2M Euros.

Minor Stadium Renovations: 7 new VIP boxes (6 have already been sold), some work on the Sudtribune structure, the underside of the field will be re-done, a new video surveillance system and a new sound system will be installed at a cost of around 2.5M Euros.

Youth Training Center: A new boarding dormitory for at least 25 youth players will be built at the training center in Dortmund-Brackel. The cost is estimated at 3M Euros. Watzke said, "We want to develop our young talent better and build a professional learning and training center."

- Looks to me like we're taking the first steps toward building a full-fledged "youth academy."

21. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Funny, the way you all are growing players I thought there was already a youth academy! :eek:

22. BVB1989

BVB1989 Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Bled, Slovenia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Thats just great news! Anyone knows something new about opening BVB shops in Poland? Thats also a good business chance for Dortmund.

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They don't have any outside the Dortmund area yet. You think they're going to open one in Poland?

Do you know how many years we had to stay on them to get the fan site in English???

24. BVB1989

BVB1989 Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Bled, Slovenia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Hmmm I've seen some rumors about those shops in Poland. Well years ago we sucked. :) Now they have to be aware of international fans too!

Also bvb online shop is in english now. For me it doesn't matter cuz I speak both english and german but its good for other people who understand things only in english.

They just have to lower the shipping costs, 20 € outside Germany is quite expensive.

25. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man. I see why people have left these forums now......

Didn't I just ask you if you knew how long WE had to stay on them to get the fan shop in English?

Geez. Do you pay any attention or just keep talking?

Well, if you want them to pay those big salaries and big transfer fees, pay the money.

Other than that.......... :rolleyes:

Cris 09 repped this.