BVB 2010-2011 General Discussion Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Money for Klose? You mean for his salary?

Klose's contract expires after this season.

He would be a free transfer.

2. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah. I think he'd be happy with a heavily reduced salary, after making his money with bayern ;)

3. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

After the last two years he's had, I think the guy just wants to be on a team where he actually matters.

4. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Whoever gets him will be laughing all the way to the bank, (unless it happens to be bayern).....boy still has skills, and he's a fantastic example to other players.

It would really be a "big" signing because while he's not young, his reputation has grown so much lately and he's a bonafide german and world cup legend and widely respected around europe too. It could "persuade" guys like Barrios who straddle the fence from time to time....

5. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    id love to see klose on our team, never been a fan of german national team, but always admired klose

6. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I agree with everything you said except the Barrios thing.

I think Barrios would actually see Klose as a threat.

And I think that is a good thing. I noticed too many times this season where Barrios looked "fat and happy" (not literally) because he knew if he was healthy he was going to play. Some real competition might put a fire under Barrios' ass again.

Another thing BVB fans need to realize is that Lucas Barrios sees BVB as a stepping-stone to bigger and better things.

Trust me, if there is one BVB player who wishes Real Madrid had come for him instead of Sahin, it is Lucas Barrios.

I don't blame him for that. I believe this is reality.

I believe people who think Barrios is going to become a Chapuisat and stay with Dortmund for the rest of his productive years have their heads in the clouds.

7. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Klose, I think you all will benefit greatly in acquiring his services. Hate to see him go, but if he plans on playing in the EUROS, he needs regular playing time, and he's not getting it where he currently is. Perhaps you all can bring out his NT form in your system.

8. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

All of that is true I think.

And besides lighting a fire under his ass, someone of Klose's reputation would make Barrios think we're moving up as a team. Minute detail, but better than say if we got Helmes.

Not that Barrios is some franchise player we have to appease....just sayin.

9. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Exactly. I see Helmes isn't the same guy he was before his injury.

If Wolfsburg is relelgated, Helmes could help Mainz in Europa League if he's willing to take a pay cut.

I know what you're saying.

Barrios would be hard to replace, but he can be replaced......

10. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I actually think he would be harder for US to replace than sahin cos we already have a few players up our sleeve in sahin's style.
    Barrios is a good combination of a bigger guy who has ground skills too. Just needs to become consistent with his finishing and effort.

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

People thought we'd never replace Amoroso. We eventually found Frei.

People thought we'd never replace Frei. We found Barrios.

I never said it would be easy to replace Barrios or Sahin.

But they can be replaced. Players come and go. It is the CLUB that endures.

The club may not be successful in the way it was this season, but even if those players come back, it is no guarantee the team will be successful again.

As far as Barrios goes, if you can, take a look at some of Klose's action in Kaiserslautern and Bremen.

His game and Barrios' aren't much different......

Of course Klose is older now, but he's also pretty much had two season "off....."

12. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Is it too late to make our new white jerseys look a little more like the German National team as Klose might get confused thinking he is playing for country and just score tons of goals. :p

13. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We don't know that he's coming yet. LOL!!

14. OptimusMK

OptimusMK Member

May 4, 2008
    Skopje,Macedonia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Congrats BVB, really one hell of a season.

[​IMG]

15. Kais3r

Kais3r Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who is this hooligan?! :p

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmPko8L5A0I&feature=related"]YouTube - Neven Subotic - Autodach - Meisterfeier BVB 2011 - Zeigler - Video Dome[/ame]

That's awesome though! How many players do you know who'd celebrate with fans like this? :cool:

16. MrRossi

MrRossi Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Schwalmstadt
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He isn´t coming.

17. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I heard about that yesterday. Just didn't have time to post.

From what I read, it would seem to me that we still might play with two strikers next season, but with Perisic (if he's coming) or Lewandowski up front with Barrios.

How they can turn down a Klose with his wealth of experience is beyond me.

But maybe they just want to keep the team young and easier for Klopp to handle.......

18. MrRossi

MrRossi Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Schwalmstadt
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well... I am sure Miro Klose is also earning good money. I am sure the BVB wasn´t willing to pay that much.

19. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Everyone says that shit because it is the easiest thing to say.

If it were about money, BVB would have said it was about money.

Miro Klose has made his big money at Bayern. The guy is more concerned with cementing his legacy.

He'll probably go overseas now.

20. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What i was badly wording was that we already have more sahin replacement in the team than barrios.

Again, sucks we wont be going after miro klose

21. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I also dont hink klose would make it harder for klopp to handle the team. He would be a great example of what klopp wants the guys to be and could be a second coach on the field.

Is there a more respected player across germany? I thi k after he retires people will be liking him in tje gerd mueller/ helmut schoen way

22. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Believe me, I agree with you.

I'm just trying to gauge what BVB is thinking.

I think they might be taking the "youth movement" thing just a bit too far.

23. Hajvan

Hajvan Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    According to Belgian news, the Perisic transfer is pretty much done at 6 million euros. I'm not sure that they will be looking to add another forward for next season. I think that Barios, Lewandowski, Kagawa, Goetze - and now Perisic sound like a pretty solid goal scoring lineup. And even if they are, I see Klose going overseas rather than fighting for playing time with us (Juventus/Valencia have been rumored).

24. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Tell us something we don't already know man.

Everyone has been saying this for awhile now. But nothing is "done" at all.

I think BVB will get him, but just don't wish to pay 6M Euros.

It "reads" like a pretty solid goal-scoring lineup until one realizes that:

**Lewandowski shits his pants about 85% of the time he's on the field.

**Barrios seemed to play when he felt like it in the second half of this past season.

**Kagawa was out for half the season and a player with his game is always more susceptible to foot injuries once he's already had one. Kagawa has had two now.

**Goetze won't be a surprise anymore. Once teams started gearing their defenses to stop him, he wasn't nearly as productive.

**Persic will quickly find that Bundesliga defenses are much tougher than Belgian ones.

We need to enjoy this title now. In my opinion, we just had a "dream season" in which most things went our way.

That isn't going to happen again next season. The work will be harder and the pressure much greater for our boys next season.

And I wonder if they can handle it. Because they are exactly what I said above.

Boys.......

Klopp said we won't be signing Klose.

And if we had, Klose wouldn't have to "fight for time" with us. If we'd signed Klose, we would have gone back to a two-striker set.

The fact we're signing a shitload of midfielders tells me we're going back to the 4-2-3-1 next season.

I believe Klopp decided he doesn't want to change formations and that is why we aren't signing Klose.

I disagree, but hey, he's a title-winning coach now.

However, I think much of the second half of last season showed that clubs were starting to figure out how the challenge the 4-2-3-1.

Time will tell if I'm right or not.......

25. Hajvan

Hajvan Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I'm pretty sure that going with 2 strikers would counter Klopp's notion of pressuring the other team as far away from your own goal as possible. His point is that it is much more beneficial to win the ball 20m from the opposition goal than 60m from their goal. To achieve that, you need to overload the midfield which is why they are buying/replacing midfield players.

On Klose, we now know that he won't be coming to BVB but even had we pursued him, I am not so sure that he would have been willing to give up most of the 7 million euros per year he is making at Bayern.