Bush Gets Testy With Jim Webb

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Soccernova78, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Soccernova78

Soccernova78 Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Beyond The Infinite
    If true, wow!

It would've been funny if Webb opened up a can of whup-ass on the POTUS. :D

2. Northcal19

Northcal19 New Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Celtic Tavern LODO (
    You are only allowed to respond to the questions the petulant boy-king asks, and keep it pleasant. He doesn't like hearing dissent.

On another note; a Senator with a son who is a marine in Iraq? I'm impressed. I thought all the senator's sons were out partying with Jenna nad not Jenna. Impressive.

3. Attacking Minded

Attacking Minded New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    So Webb took the opportunity to mouth off and wanted to hit the President of the United States of America when Bush didn't agree with him. Wow. What a great Senator he'll make.

4. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Mouth off?" Dumb******** asked Webb how his son is, Webb said he'd like to be home.

On a totally unrelated note, how's your recovery from that traumatic brain injury which badly damaged your cognitive functions going?

5. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    OK, a question for those for those riding the short bus, but just one because you are riding the short bus:

Who's being snippy when he's being disagreed with?

Hint: Look at the bolded quote, and not the red.

6. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    I suppose if you consider a father expressing a desire to see his child come home from a war as "mouthing off," then I guess you have a point.

Seriously, I'm not even a webb fan and blasted him during the campaign, but I can see who the snotty little ass was in that conversation.

7. Northcal19

Northcal19 New Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Celtic Tavern LODO (
    Ya, he mouthed off.:rolleyes: His son is a marine in Iraq, and W asked about him. Now, I guess if the kid was partying in Argentina the Senator wouldn't be so concerned, and hence less snippy.:rolleyes:

But your right about him being a lousy senator, his kid is in Iraq. That will make him something of an outsider in Washington and probably looked at condescendingly as some kind of rube.

8. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Dubya was the asshole. You don't start an unnecessary war and then gloat to a man whose son is stuck in that war by asking about him.

9. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    I'm surprised the White House didn't adopt SOP and make everyone who meets with Chimpy sign a pledge to vote Republican, as they do pretty much elsewhere.

10. Attacking Minded

Jun 22, 2002
    :rolleyes:

How's your son?

a) He's doing good, thank you. If you have a chance I'd like to talk to you about some of the ideas he has to make the troops safer and help them get home.

b) I'd really want him brought back home.

Which one sounds like it's a person looking for common agreement and some movement from the other side and which one sounds like a guy mouthing off?

I'm glad Bush didn't respond, "I know that dumbass. I asked how he was doing."

11. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    I am sure he only used the profanity in private, afterwords, the cowardly ********.

12. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Translation: I started this mofo, you opposed it, and I'm very pissy because this election might hit my boys in the wallet. But I know your son is still over there, may yet stop a bullet or get blown apart by a bomb, and your ass can't do shit about it because I'm still the president. I'm going to take this opportunity to remind you of that by asking how your son is doing. Meow!

13. Attacking Minded

Jun 22, 2002
    In private, I bet Bush dismissed him as a political dunce with an opinion not worth considering.

In public, I bet Webb is telling everyone what a great thing he did.

Again, the Left prefers infotainment over results.

14. Attacking Minded

Jun 22, 2002
    "That's between me and my boy, Mr. President,"?
    Well if that isn't a FU then I don't know what is. Does the Leftist tribe have a recipie for crow?

15. Attacking Minded

Jun 22, 2002
    "I'm not particularly interested in having a picture of me and George W. Bush on my wall," Webb said in an interview yesterday in which he confirmed the exchange between him and Bush. "No offense to the institution of the presidency, and I'm certainly looking forward to working with him and his administration. [But] leaders do some symbolic things to try to convey who they are and what the message is."

More crow.

"[But] leaders do some symbolic things to try to convey who they are and what the message is.""

And yet more crow. Perhaps someone could suggest some good left-over Thanksgiving turkey recipes so they can be used for crow.

16. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Remind me again, what is it the Right prefers? We know it's not results - Mission Accomplished don't count - so what is it the Right prefers? Divisiveness? Fearmongering? Screw-ups? Authoritarianism? Bullying? Torture? All of the above and more?

17. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Damn skippy.

Your son's on a Titanic lifeboat, and you get a telegram from White Star saying "How'd little AM enjoy that brisk swim?" my next check says you'd send a Fcuk you in reply. I know I would.

That shit's below Desperate Housewives level.

18. Attacking Minded

Jun 22, 2002
    Oh my goodness. There must be a full moon tonight. Webb, a Senator I should remind you people, avoided the President at an official function where they are supposed to get their picture taken. Bush goes out of his way to find Webb and show some concern. Webb responds the way he did.

In the WaPo article Web himself admits he's going to have to work with Bush. If Webb feels as strongly as he does, as a Senator (not a BS poster), shouldn't he try to get along with Bush? Maybe he cares more about expressing his personal opinion than he does about policy like, I dunno, the Leftists tribe on BigSoccer?

19. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Are you serious?

20. PsychedelicCeltic

PsychedelicCeltic New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    The last two years have convinced me that you really are a dumber human being if you're a conservative.

Results like what? Taking over ********ing Congress? You mean results like that?

21. Attacking Minded

Jun 22, 2002
    Taking over congress from a guy like Allen is nothing to be proud of and doesn't indicate anything special about the person. A school of cold dead fish could have beat the reps this year.

22. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    I agree with you completely. Webb was the one being a dick.

23. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    We'll never know since they had better things to do - the fish that is, but I suspect that they too would have been able to repudiate the intellectually bereft philosophy that passes for conservatism these days.

Now that it has been repudiated by the voters, does anyone have any idea how long the losing side is going to cling unthinkingly, Gollum-like, to its precious philosophy?

24. PsychedelicCeltic

PsychedelicCeltic New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    I love how the new Republican talking point is shitting on the party itself, when until just before the election, Republicans were smugly predicting the Democrats would implode.

Keep up the night of the long knives, attacking party members for being insufficiently republican, it just makes you more unelectable.