Bus trip to Gold Gup Semis in DC

Discussion in 'Hartford, CT' started by The Voice of Reason!, May 19, 2011.

1. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am begining the process of pricing a bus to DC for thre gold cup semis. I think it is a near sure thing that we will come out of our group in 1st or 2nd, so we are highly likely top play in DC on the 19th of June.

This is by no means a guaranteed bus trip, but if we have people who are 100% committed for this as a concept, please let us know.

I am assuming a fairly small turn out, and honestly we may need to combine with another chapter.

this is a 6 hour drive....

so it is entirely possible we might have the first ever AO Hartford Amtrak "rail-trip" :)

as information presents itself it will be made public

Cheers!

2. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wanted to point out, it is the quarter-finals in Washington, the semi-final matches are in Houston.

Something quite drastic would have to happen for the US not to be in the top 2 of their group to earn a trip to the Washington side of the bracket, a trip to New York would be quite sad for Bradley and company, I already have my ticket for the DC QF matches, getting into town Sunday morning.

3. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol

yeah, thats what I get for spontanious thread starting as I leave my offiice...

But yeah it would be a huge failure if we miss DC

4. AO_YNWA

AO_YNWA New Member

Apr 9, 2010
    CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am in 100%

rail or bus.

RFK stands will shake once again!

5. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Train is just damn expensive

I priced this out from hartford and New Haven both. The problem is that It would have to be New Haven if we at all wanted to get home, but worse yet, we wyould not get back to new haven until 5AM or something silly Mind you that is with leaving new haven at 8AM, so this would be an epic trip and its a sunday, so there is no way you would work the next day

cost is also 76 per person to the game and 56 per person back from the game, so the total cost of the train is 132. For some reason I just do not see anyone actually booking a trip like this, so I have to check on busses again

the train timelines might become better if we knew wich game we were playing in, but the cost would still suck