Burrito miss the Fusion!!!

Discussion in 'MLS: Expansion' started by Burritozrevenge, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Burritozrevenge

Burritozrevenge Red Card

Mar 6, 2002
    Homestead, Fl
    Hello all you vatos!

MLS is so boring now and thats why Burrito no write on these boards no more. La Fusion made MLS fun. All the teams now make burrito want to puke the quesadillas I have this morning!

MLS make a big mistake when they get rid of Fusion. What can Burrito say?

Here is to the memories...

[​IMG]

2. Mike T

Mike T Member

May 21, 2002
    Miami
    MLS' truly DID make a HUGE mistake. It cut off ties to probably its most passionate fans in the entire league. The numers may have not been there in the first 3 years of the franchise, however the reasons where well understood, which the Comish and particularly Horowitz will never admit. Had this team not been desolved and with the team, coach, and increase media coverage(free marketing) I am certain the attendence at the stadium were surely about to explode significantly in the following year or 2 at both Lockhart and in the OB.

Ironically and most tragically, both Garber and Horowitz made this critical dicision with only one true year of a legitimate effort on the field (the last year). Fact is that durring that last year even the notoriously apathetic media seemed to react to what was going on the field... particularly, chanels 4 and 6.

Personally I still have a tough time just imagining the future possibilities for the fusion and soccer in this community. I personally know several non-soccer people who becan to take notice about the Fusion and its attractive futbol and colorful coach.

I can only wish our area gets another chance some day. In the meantime I can only daydream of those lovely nights at Lockhart (even that one night or two the Fusion played at the Orange Bowl last year) and thinking of the Fusion possibly bringing teams from Mexico or South America for Concacaf championships or even an InterAmerican Cup or some other international tournament.

What a disappointment!

PS: I hate even the thought that my kids won't grow up without watching live pro soccer in this country's national league... my dreams for me and my kids have been crushed.

Dam you Horowitz for teasing then yanking out all the fun when it was at its best... Dam bastard!