Burnley vs Liverpool FC - EPL - Jan 1 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Jan 1, 2018.

1. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Magnificent. That could be a real boost to kick on for the rest of the season.

ryered, kopiteinkc and newterp repped this.
  2. Upper Ninety

Upper Ninety Member

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Both CB's work together to get a stingy win in the wake of the big buy coming in. Even if it doesn't stop him from coming into the CB starting line up I am glad it is pushing the other CB's to be hungry for moments like that.

Good job Reds. Good start to my morning. Now got to get ready for my NCAA Playoff team to watch today. Hoping for a good sports day!

Suss repped this.
  3. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great FK by Ox - dropped it in the exact spot it needed to be. Great W- well done you Reds!

4. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    85th minute: We are finally going to grind out a 1-0. These are the results we never manage to pull off.

87th minute: We can never pull off these types of results. This is why we can never compete for the title.

94th minute: What a brilliant fight back. Twice in 48 hours we have managed 3 points in very difficult games. These are the type of results that show we are turning a corner and ready to challenge for trophies.

el-capitano, ryered, owian and 11 others repped this.
  5. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yesss! I love these burgle-at-the-death wins against the so-called honest-to-goodness grafters.

6. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FT 2-1 to Liverpool

What a come back. Never quit. 3 hard earned points.

MOTM Klavan. Did nothing wrong all day and was there to assure we got the goal

Mane— brilliant goal but he is still just a click off the player we know he can be

Solanke worked hard but really never looked a threat. Tough to deal with their thugs

Lallana. You see the beautiful technical touches but clearly not playing to what he can

Can really had a strong second half winning most balls and tackles.

Gini. I know he seems to be invisible. And today he was

Gomez. Great young player and had a strong game but once again ball watching on their goal. This must be fixed

TAA. Had a hard time with Taylor but assisted the first goal and could have had another wonder strike but for Pope

Ox. Really is desperate to show himself. World class save from Pope kept him off the goal scorers. And he put a great ball into Lovren for the winner. But I know that there is more to come. And work on those corners.

Lovren. Had a very good outing against those Clydesdales that Burnley calls forwards. It was his goal before Klavan made sure

Mignolet— people give him all kinds of crap but he made a few really tough saves on the kind of wet, cold night that often leads to goal mistakes.

Subs had little time to do anything

So we go to Burnley and smash and grab a late 3 points. Marvelous.

Onto the FA Cup. Which to be honest I simply don’t care about the result. Although I’d like to beat the Bitters

Happy New Year. YNWA

el-capitano, ryered, kopiteinkc and 4 others repped this.
  7. Sir Niney

Sir Niney Member+

Apr 12, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    F*ck Sean Dyche and his excruciating but grimly effective brand of football. He’s firmly in the Pulis/Allardyce mould, and he’s managed to win almost every coin toss that has come his team’s way this season. That shouldn’t last. Hopefully today was the end of it.

He often sends out his team to time-waste from the first few minutes of a game, but then – as today – whines like a child if the opposition dare to give him a dose of his own medicine deep into the second-half. He presents himself as a salt-of-the-earth/regular-guy/straight-up type, but then regularly refers to himself in the third-person like some Hollywood diva. His forwards dive and his defenders dive, while his midfielders don’t really get the opportunity to dive, but there seems to be a widespread delusion – in the UK at least – that his side is the embodiment of a tough-but-fair style of play.

8. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Agreed! I’m so tired of hearing teams like Burnley celebrated for getting results by playing an awful style of football. The league would be much better off if we celebrated teams outside of the big 6 who actually try to play football. There seems to be hardly any of these teams anymore, especially when up against Liverpool.

ryered, Sir Niney and liverbird repped this.
  9. Sir Niney

Sir Niney Member+

Apr 12, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I went on a run around the house, just to make sure that all family members were aware of recent developments.

10. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Vanquished two bogey type games in the span of 48 hours. 6 pts. Love it, even if I only got gif images of our two goals down here in Mexico.

kopiteinkc, usscouse and liverbird repped this.
  11. Sir Niney

Sir Niney Member+

Apr 12, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Do you not think that the real snowflakes are the people who, each time that they encounter a setback, start telling everyone that the sky is falling in?

newterp and burning247 repped this.
  12. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m telling you again - I don’t like the Mane thing.

13. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let it be.

usscouse repped this.
  14. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    This!
    I like the kid as well but he'd grown Daisy roots, he didn't move a foot as the guy ran around behind him. He didn't even look.

liverbird repped this.
  15. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Think you're worried about nothing. Didn't see the substitution but the goal celebration was typical of a "striker" who broke through frustration to score a fine goal. I've seen Klopp & Mane in a long embrace as recently as the Leceister game.

newterp repped this.
  16. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    nope way too much evidence, what happened in the 93 minute wasnt the norm

17. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Klopp said in the post game interview that the dressing room gave Mane a standing ovation when he came in. Klopp full of praise for his work ethic and moment of brilliance. Nothing to see here

owian, newterp, Suss and 1 other person repped this.
  18. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ragnar Klavan has more goals in 2018 than Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar combined

19. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Really enjoyed that - took balls

Pet peeve was the co commentator who complained about the 7 changes throughout the match - clueless idiot!

Despite it not being a beautiful match it certainly felt great to win that way!

LiverpoolFanatic, liverbird and Suss repped this.
  20. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I love these burgle-at-the-death wins against absolutely anyone.

B.A. and newterp repped this.
  21. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    he's scored more than Man City AND Spurs combined this year.

liverbird repped this.
  22. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    LiverpoolFanatic, ryered and B.A. repped this.
  23. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Despite that nervy ending I'm delighted we picked up the win and another three points . Klopp is making good use of his squad and the boys haven't let him down, 16 games undefeated now.

Toffees up next :thumbsup:

newterp repped this.
  24. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well ..... I love this.

25. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    • The Reds extend their unbeaten top-flight run to 13 games, their longest streak under manager Jurgen Klopp and the best since April 2014, when they clocked up 16 matches without losing on the way to finishing second.

ryered, soccershaggy and newterp repped this.