BundesYanks vs. AngloYanks

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by freisland, Feb 23, 2016.

1. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I am really swamped with work and facing some killer deadlines so I thought it would be important to try to make the best "Yanks playing in Germany" team vs. best "Yanks playing in the UK" team. I'm equal opportunity, so I have no problem using "Yank in passports only" although I did try to only select players that are fit, or at least only (supposedly) short-term injured. If Cameron can't go soon, Spector has to slot in for him. So here's mine. Let me see yours.

Germany:
    Green/Wood
    FJ/Keiswetter/Pulisic
    Morales
    Chandler/Brooks/Subotic/Barry
    Yelldell

Gyau for Keiswetter when he gets healthy. Funny how many forwards are running around Germany but it was tight for defenders and keepers. The UK, on the other hand, was lousy with keepers and backs, but I had to dig a bit for my striker combo. I even thought of moving Spector back up to the spot he started at back in his youth, but while I have no idea how Novakovich plays, I like the idea of having a Crouch/Koller to battle Brooks for Howard's punts. At least that part would be fun.

Now if I can just get the USSF to put this game on so I can waste more time and see how it would play out. Someone call Jurgie for me!

UK:
    Novakovich/Gooch
    Zelalem/Hyndman/Yedlin
    Williams
    Ream/Miazga/Cameron/Lichja
    Howard

Skippysasquirrel, Winoman and Deeneaus repped this.