Bundesliga Season 2019-2020

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    The FO made a HUGE mistake leaving Favre on thr bench.
    Favre "case" is very similar to Valverde's in Barca, too many waisted points and the team has has 0 constantcy.
    A horrible mistake by Zorc and Watzke, they should bring someone in the winter who would have a month to change something in this poor game and form, you could even try that, if you fail, you fail..
    But they never tried to change something, it is clear from the moon that this season is already over..
    And Sancho is leaving in summer, what a shame...

2. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I couldn't follow the game. My first reaction after checking how the game developed and before seeing video footage was that you shouldn't put your hope too often on someone bailing you out like this and secondly, despite the final result, the club has to realize that it's already a failure (and warning sign) when you are in the position to face a 2 goal deficit (twice) against Augsburg (with all due respect). Augsburg had a great run of form with 5 wins in the last 7 games until the winter break but this shouldn't be our benchmark.

After seeing some highlights, it looked like we had a ton of other chances. There is no doubt that the team is capable to overwhelm these kind of teams offensively. With better/even normal finishing this could have been a blowout. The goals we conceded looked too easy but that's nothing new.

Even if I had seen the game, I'm not sure I could honestly tell whether it's Favre's system that seems to fit the team better and that helps to create this amount of chances or whether it's mostly due to the talent level in this team.

3. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Last two matches, RBL have looked dreadful both home and away. Pretty much gave up the lead in two matches to Bayern... Very similar to our lead last year minus the huge lead..
    So disappointing to see this.

4. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Gladbach returned the favor with similarly unforced errors just like Leipzig gave them gifts in the first half. 2:2 in the end and Leipzig did indeed look shocking in the first half for some phases.
    Gladbach's Plea got 2 yellows: First for dissenting, then for dissenting/hand gestures for the yellow card he just received. You cannot be dumber and I'm actually glad they strengthened the rules in that regard. It's a nuisance seeing that childish behaviour and the sooner you get rid of that the better.

5. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    It was childish by Plea... and it was childish reffing as well. Plea was right that he got a clear two-hand shove, not possible to be missed, and the ref didn't call it. It was actually a pretty bad game by the ref and it was his shitty reffing that provoked Plea. Beyond that, he hadn't given Plea a warning and it would have been okay to give him a warning, then a yellow. Or even a yellow and a stern "next time...". Or just have called the obvious foul like a competent, unbiased ref? What is a player supposed to think when that happens? "For some reason the ref feels it is okay to foul me/my team?"

Hopefully the ref gets dinged for that in private, because it was trash reffing, and it turned the game. I am not worried that Plea isn't going to get dinged, obviously he'll get his.

6. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  7. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
  8. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Thats yet to be seen, hes been bad lately

Blueberry_night, podrinje and TimBenneth repped this.
  9. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    I think it might b a blessing in disguise ... Reus has been poor.
    Opens the door for Hazard and Reyna ... am worried about how Can fits into the team. He didn't play defence the last game ... makes no sense to have bought him when u have similair players in Witsel, Delaney, and Raschl already there.

kbvb and podrinje repped this.
  10. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I agree, the biggest benefactor should be Reyna as he should play with Haaland and Sancho if we continue the same formation as Bremen. However I see Favre just swapping Hazard into Reus's spot instead.

TimBenneth repped this.
  11. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I think Favre will go back to 3-4-3 given the defensive joke that was the Leverkusen game. But if Brandt will be missing, I'm not sure Can can replace his creativity.

12. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I thought he played Zagadou Hummels and Akanji as the 3 CBs vs Leverkusen
    Guerrero and Hakimi as wingbacks
    In a 343

13. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    No.. I saw it as a 4-2-3-1 with Akanji playing as right back and Hakimi as winger! Which was an incomprehensible choice to play 2 players out of position.

14. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    There are still players that haven’t played anything or little this season (Balerdi, Morey, Götze and Dahoud). Maybe it’s time to line up some of them now, so the first 11 won’t be overloaded and prone to injuries. First of all it’s important to rest veterans like Piszczek and Witsel. Looks like LF puts on the strongest 11 no matter what. By now we have only seen the same team week in and week out.

15. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    If we dont win tommorow, i would say its all over, but i think its already over, dont want to be pessimistic, but to win the title we need at least 9 wins in the last 12 matches, at least.. And i dont think that will ever happen with LF coaching..
    10 wins in 12 matches with LF on the bench sounds like some crazy SF movie

16. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  17. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Generally no, but it did work well for Milner, Messi and Ronaldo. Even Giggs too.

It's good to give him a taste.

For me we should have been playing a 4-3-3 with the current players.

Hakimi-Hummels-Zagadou-Raphael

-----------Dahoud--Can--Brandt
    -------Sancho-------Haaland-------Reus

In games where we need to be more defensive then Witsel could start ahead of Dahoud.

That team should be as good as any in Europe.

18. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With respect to Moukoko they were talking really about having him train with the first team on occasion, and Favre’s tone was fairly restrained.

19. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Did you read that Bundesliga is thinking about finishing the legaue as it standa right now.. There is no winner, first 4 goes to CL, nobody is relegated, next season 3 teams from league 2 is entering and 5 clubs will be relegated from BuLi.
    I have no problem with that, cause we have 0% chance with Favre to win the league, we finish second, CL is ours again, give everything you have to Sancho, make him the highest ever paid player, i mean i would give him even 12M+ for just one more season and bring 2 good defenders and 1 striker, Ten Haag and we are attacking the league next year!!!!

20. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    If these are the plans, why even bother playing this weekend. There have been infected players already and at least one team is under quarantine. Rescheduling a single game shouldn't be that hard.

PL will stop playing at least until early April. Imagine if the season gets cancelled with the same rules and after waiting all these years, this is how Liverpool misses out on a secure title.

21. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And now the next matchday that was supposed to be the last has been cancelled as well. Crazy times but hopefully measures for the best.
    See you next season?

22. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
  23. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So the season restarts in 9 days with a big derby. What are the chances that fans will try and gather outside the stadium or in the city?

24. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    I have a proposal for Jadon.. Help us win the BuLi this year and you are free to go kiddo

IASocFan repped this.