Bundesliga Fanatic - Articles, Analysis and Anecdotes on German Football

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Bend_it, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BTW, who are you on the Fanatic site, if I may ask?

And what's up with the Eintracht badge AND Bayern connection?

2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He's the chick!!!

3. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Cris N.

And I just thought the Frankfurt logo looks awesome and I wanted to pay tribute to the great Frankfurt side of the 70's. :)

And you're the dick. :D

4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :D :cool:

5. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Two Cris'es... Always though Cris09 was the Fanatic. Guess I wasn't paying attention.

Agreed.

Too bad Hertha's badge ain't exactly the stuff to set the design world on fire. :( Not that this stops me flying the blue and white colours! :)

6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    3 of us. Coach is a "Cris" as well. ;)

Lol...I'm a fanatic, but the guys on the "BL Fanatic" are not only Uber -fanatics, but pretty damn good writers as well. I'm only good when it comes to writing "rants". :)

7. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't think its a bad logo at all, it's pretty unique as far as logos in Europe go. At least you don't support Odense. :D

8. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's okay. But only lower-midtable in my BL emblem ranking.

Wow, that's even worse than SC Paderborn.

Or Union, from across the city... :)

9. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I love most Bundesliga logos, so ahead of their time. Most went minimal before it became a trend.

10. Bend_it

Bend_it Member

Jun 13, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More Bundesliga goodness....

Jonah Gadsby on Saturday's Dortmund-Schalke matchup....

http://bundesligafanatic.com/?p=8038

Plus....

Cris Nyari on Gladbach's shutdown win over FC Koln.....

Daniel Nyari on the rise of Marco Reus.....

Black Friday Bundesliga Predictions by Nik Herrmann

and Hollywood Niklas looks at Adrian Ramo's bizarre injuries....

11. Bend_it

Bend_it Member

Jun 13, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A full serving of Bundesliga deliciousness including....

-Nik Hermann on savior Eren Derdiyok
    http://bundesligafanatic.com/?p=8324

Plus....Jonas Gadsby on the 2008-2009 Bundesliga season

Bundesliga MatchDay 14 quotes

Cris with his weekly Bundesliga Top XI

Bundesliga Fanatic Podcast #30

and recaps of big weekend games....

12. Bend_it

Bend_it Member

Jun 13, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Bend_it

Bend_it Member

Jun 13, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Bend_it

Bend_it Member

Jun 13, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cris Nyari with his MatchDay 15 Team of the Week.....

http://bundesligafanatic.com/?p=8515

Plus...

A tactical recap of Bayern Munich's win over Werder Bremen...

Leverkusen's permanent signing of GK Bernd Leno......

And Germany drawin in Euro 2012 Group of Death....

15. Bend_it

Bend_it Member

Jun 13, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Bend_it

Bend_it Member

Jun 13, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bundesliga MatchDay 16 Matches on US TV....

http://bundesligafanatic.com/?p=8577

Bundesliga Fanatic podcast #31 with guest Stuart talking 2. Bundesliga....

Translation of Thorsten Fink interview....

Best quotes from MatchDay 15

17. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The Bundesliga Fanatic is nominated for the NOPA's, you can cast your vote for the People's Choice Award here:

http://not100percentawards.com/

Yes this is a shameless plea for your vote. We would really appreciate it. :D

18. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Catering to what is in the English-speaking world more of a niche-interest certainly puts the Fanatic at a disadvantage, as important a mission you have in covering German football in English.

A Top10 result would be great, I think.

19. Bend_it

Bend_it Member

Jun 13, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Bend_it

Bend_it Member

Jun 13, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    U.S. International Kyle Beckerman enjoys "first class" experience at Kaiserslautern...

http://bundesligafanatic.com/?p=8663

Plus....Best Quotes of MatchDay 16

Cris Nyari's Bundesliga MatchDay 16 team of the week....

Adrian Sertl takes a look at Torsten Frings' influence at Toronto FC....

Recap of Friday's Hertha Berlin- FC Schalke 04 match

21. Bend_it

Bend_it Member

Jun 13, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cris Nyari recaps the 1-1 draw between Koln and Mainz....

http://bundesligafanatic.com/?p=8760

Plus....More Bundesliga Gift Ideas..

and Bundesliga Fanatic Podcast 32....the boys discuss MatchDay 16, what Niklas will wear to NOPA ceremony in London Thursday, Beckham in Wolfsburg and Mike Hanke -- Man or Myth.....

22. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As always enjoyed the podcast.

My take is that Jesus Christ would direct the game in central midfield, distributing the ball to his 12 disciples, err, 10 fellow team-mates.

Why?

Obviously Jesus of Nazareth was a natural and charismatic leader. One who delegated critical tasks and missions to his trusted lieutenants.

Besides, he always spoke of the "way of the middle" and the way to full life being "through him".

Arguably Jesus would have had box-to-box qualities. He'd happily help out troubled team-mates. Plug holes in defence, but with his fellow-players doing preparatory work, he'd at times thrust forward and pull off some spectacular goals. That being said, he'd be a selfless player happy to let others shine on his team.

Had football been around in his time, I dare say he would have played. He was after all a fun-loving guy. He appreciated good food and wine. All part of enjoying time together with others.

A team-sport like football would also provide for good-hearted fellowship with others. And the sport would allow him to interact with people of all types. Including children (who figured a great deal in his missionary activities).

If you look at current-day missionary work, it often involves football as a gateway into a community. I'd say Jesus would have also seized on that potential. I'd imagine he'd at times send his disciples in advance parties to organise some village footie matches/gatherings and time his arrival with the event.

BTW, it's worth noting that both the number of football players and Jesus's disciples was almost the same. A dozen or so plainly makes for an effective organisational unit for teamwork. No coincidence.

Ah, excuse this digression... Made me also think of those Don Camillo & Pepone classics. :)

1 person likes this.
  23. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    On another note, Klopp/Zorc indeed twice initiated negotiations with Poldi (last time Winter 2011). Yet I understand Podolski's agent asked for a salary & Co far beyond Dortmund's budgetary possibilities, leading to a quick end to talks.

Dortmund's anyway more focused on young players they can shape and afford (e.g. Leitner, Gündogan, Löwe, Bittencourt etc). A Podolski would be an unusual buy.

Considering how Dortmund plainly views a Podolski beyond its budget, one has to wonder what Schalke's thinking when gunning for the Cologne star as a possible Raul-successor. Didn't they begin a squad budget consolidation plan under Magath? Are they now going to forsake the debt reduction plan of theirs?

In any case, it doesn't seem like Podolski's interested in a Bundesliga transfer. He told SPORT BILD he was more interested in going abroad. So Schalke's noises about Podolski are kinda moot.

As for the Klopp-Podolski spat, well, Zorc apologised in Dortmund's name for Klopp's somewhat disparaging remarks (“Er müsste mit seinen Anlagen einer der besten Stürmer in Deutschland sein. Das ist er momentan nicht, und zwar weil er seine Leistung nicht oft genug abruft. Dafür ist er uns dann zu teuer”). Plainly Klopp's a little thin-skinned at the moment given the setbacks in the league and the CL exit.

I don't see anything wrong with Podolski's riposte upon hearing those dismissive remarks ( “Das sind ja reizende Aussagen von Herrn Klopp. Vielleicht ist er etwas traurig, weil ich ihm schon zweimal abgesagt habe.”) As we Germans say: Wer austeilt, muß auch einstecken. (i.e. "Anyone who dishes it out must also be able to accept the like in return").

Not that I think Podolski saw things dramatically. He after all is brimming with self-confidence these days. And yesterday, after the game vs. Mainz, he said very nice things about Klopp and told reporters it was just one of those minor spats common in football. ("Jürgen Klopp ist ein super Typ, ein geiler Trainer, alles andere ist vergessen. Solche Sachen gehören zum Fußball auch dazu. Wir verstehen uns".)

Don't think you guys were entirely fair to Podolski here. We all love Klopp, but sometimes his passion does get him carried away. And he can get a bit testy and thin-skinned when things aren't going so well. All comes with living and breathing football as he does, I dare say.

24. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I heard about that but was told they're just rumors and very little substance to it. The only substantial thing I was told that could have some credibility is back in Klopp's time at Mainz but very little was reported even back then. WIth Podolski such a big name over the years it is difficult to imagine it not being leaked or reported more widely hence the skepticism.

Yea for sure, would be "off script" so to speak.

Well since when have Schalke ever been responsible? :D

A lot of people would view an response disparaging a team's failures as an inappropriate attack all things considered but I don't doubt Klopp was irritated after the match considering Dortmund should have won it. Still don't think he said anything too outrageous, no question that Podolski is inconsistent and has a lot of lost potential in his career.

Well just like Klopp called him an exceptional player before he said all those other things. ; )

Podolski is an easy guy to have some fun with, a lot of which he brought on himself with his eccentric personality and behavior over the years might I add. He can just come across as a very infuriating player and person, which is why he probably attracts that kind of fervor and some people, myself included to a point, are frustrated that he still gets the benefit of the doubt from so many people despite his rather underwhelming career and wasted potential. Some still treat Podolski like he is a 20 year old coming up when he should know better.

By the way, can't argue with your Jesus logic, that was spot on!

25. Bend_it

Bend_it Member

Jun 13, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cris Nyari with the CL and EL draws for Bundesliga clubs....

http://bundesligafanatic.com/?p=8790

Plus.... Bundesliga MatchDay 17 on US TV...

and Niklas with "What now, Rene Adler?"