Bundesliga and the rest: Domestic and European competition discussion

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If u dont believe in me, u can read what Kuntz wrote to me

he also said clubs in Germany would always prefer local kids, just that they arent good enough so they needa spend extra on foreign kids.

thats always the case. If the 25 players in the squad is all German and they are good enough to win everything, why would they buy Brits n French?

Its just that German talents are no longer good enough. U dont wanna believe but i m telling u the truth

And i think many experts have already highlighted this as the main problem

2. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And I find it amusing that u think the rising usage of French/English kids is not related to the poor quality of talents in Germany

Do u honestly think it’s coincidence?

Or u think we are producing good talents as u always insist? No we aren’t. And I think many people have already said that already just that u don’t believe

I know striker n keeper position will be difficult to emerge. But even other positions, we are piss poor.

3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  4. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    a preference for British/French players doesn't make German players shit. Not sure how 2 countries, 3 if you add Spain make players crap. Although Spanish kids aren't keen on going to Germany and that's true to an extant even to British. Those 3 countries are ahead of Germany in terms of current dev, doesn't mean the whole of Europe is.

dude it's not only kids it's also older players that aren't German, most foreign players aren't youth ones either. Kids don't only compete against youngsters but also against older more experienced players.

and you keep talking about how in the future there won't be mediocre players in league. It's like you living in an unrealistic future. You do realize that numerous numerous clubs have small budgets. You think they'll buy top players? Or more likely some average ones Besides every year 2-3 clubs get promoted from 2BL, which adds even more average players. Average players go both ways, a ton of foreign players in Germany are average too. They aren't all top talents.

even EPL with all their money have a ton a ton of mediocre players.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    concerning German youngsters having bad attitude, not only is that generalization that's not applicable to every single player. But even foreign players both RB Leipzig and Schalke have had numerous professionalism/attitude issues coming from their French speaking players, all this season.

today, Hecking was super pissed about Gladbach's play and attitude of the players. Guess what, more than half of the team who played were foreign players.

8. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    U said mediocre but still the players need to have certain level of potential n ability

Among the 1997-2001 crop I just don’t see many players who have the potential to play regularly at top level. Maybe 2-3 who can be regular starter, 5-6 who play here n there or for relegations teams per age group. That’s all.

The only solution is to improve players level. There is no excuse when I look at the 1997, 1998, 2001 n etc. Even 1998 n 2000 is a bit weak

I looked at Leverkusen n Gladbach for example, I don’t see anyone born from 1997-2000 having such potential other than Havertz n Beyer. Stuttgart have a poor intake and things will only get better after the 2002 crop

Not sure if they are good enough to be “mediocre” at pro level. I just see a lack of talent at early stage

In terms of pool of talents, Not only England, France n Spain, but Portugal, Italy n Scandinavia are producing more and better talents

That makes us so vulnerable to competitions. I don’t count on the 1997-2001 crop anymore because the talents are thin

But 2002 with Borkowski, Malik Tillman, Adeyemi, Samardzic, Dardai, Lemperle And co. Maybe can make some difference

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol.:ROFLMAO:

10. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don’t be stupid, Odoi is an immense talent who I think is the best player in the 2000 age group among Europe

We need to have that level of talents, a
    Lot more

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    let's say 01 is weak what does it matter? Next season all 02 will be in U19 and if your 01 crop is not great than promote 02s they would be 1BL eligible.

but then clubs will be like 01 isn't great let's buy, even when the 02 are there.

Mainz seem to have good 01s so there at least that. Hertha are high on Albrecht and there are numerous other examples. Maybe you won't see them dominate promotion but there are still 01 who could get promotion.

people also seem to base whole age groups based on youth NT results. Which is erroneous because that has nothing to do with individual players at their clubs and tons and tons of players get ignored from NT.

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    your the stupid one. In what way is that post saying Odoi is a bad talent? Back to your reading comprehension 101.

I'm laughing that the kid is worth more than Gladbach's squad with barely any experience. Nothing to do with his potential or not.

person doesn't even comment and you read into things like usual.

13. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I just don’t see them having the required potential or ability to play regularly in 1BL in future

Not even making that “mediocre” standard As u suggested

Like you think Giroud or Emre Can is mediocre but he really isn’t. There is some talent in them

But I just don’t see these potential in these 2001ers

Maybe OBM n Katterbach are slightly better, but the rest I think the ceiling/potential is 2BL fringe players. Or regular in 1BL relegation teams....

I just don’t see the talent, it’s pure judgement on potential

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I never said Can is mediocre, only that I'm meh on him but okay if he's there for the NT even if I think he's rarely impressed for NT. Not every players does well for NT too. The shit players are Draxler and Mustafi and look at those 2 playing in Arsenal and PSG, lol.

so you think that playing for Hertha or Mainz is playing for relegation teams........

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #2465 Ger90, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    judging players also takes the issue that these are still kids they don't necessarily have to breakthrough in 1 season. It's like here people are judging 98-99 when they are still considered youth players until 2021. 99 are playing their 1st pro season in 2018-2019 season.

I do find it strange that you always insist that D.Otto needs time/patience but pretty much only for him. Not only that but you make a huge fuss when I question why hes not playing for it being impatience/rushing etc. Why only the patience for him? Everyone else, you seem like you could care less.

There are too many factors that play into 1st team chances. Sometimes players only get a chance due to another's injury or when players transfer out. Other player's chance go with a change of coaches. Some because clubs promoted or bought a player in the same position the year before etc.

another important thing to remember is that soooo many German youngsters wasted their chances due to injuries and just delayed themselves.

1BL is also not the only way for players to breakthrough as well. Besides plenty of 98-99 are starting to go on loan or seem headed there.

also look at how 00-Raschl came out of nowhere, never saw anyone ever bringing the kid up until I brought him up as Gladbach are keen on taking him from Dortmund. And Dortmund involving him in 1st team Camp.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    all this England obsession based on youth NT results and England failed to make the U20 WC this year.Defending champs failed to qualify in the next tournament. Spain also failed to make it.

Germany failed only because of the idiot coach. In every game, he played logical lineup Germany trashed all the opponents including beating the Dutch 4-1 in a qualifier but in 1 important game he experiments. Besides the U19 coach for 99 completely ignored guys like D.Otto, Kruger and plenty more. Some players were only getting considered starting in U20.

and the 2019 U20 WC is the only chance for any 99-00 to play in that tournament. As the 2021 U20 WC jumps to 01-02.

this youth NT results interest are out of nowhere, Germany has never really prospered in youth NT, a lot of failure.But in recent years clubs are starting to put a lot of emphasis on these things not only that. But if one looks at those older tournaments you see only a few from every squad made the senior NT. The only youth tournament that should matter is U21 and Germany has done well in that one since we won it for the 1st time ever in 2009. Although we failed to qualify in 2011 and GS exit in 2013. But better in 2015-2017.

17. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It’s the judgement on talent.

I have patience towards strikers n goalkeepers because these are the positions where teams want proven players. Not other positions

Yea breakout have many factors. But Germany’s main factor is the lack of talent. Not even mediocre in a sense

I just see zero talent from many many of the 1997, 1998 n 2001 players. I really saw nothing that convinced me they can be good pros.

We wasted fives years not developing more than 1-2 good talents per age group. Exactly what Kuntz said n u are still arguing

Do u realise Germany have been terrible in youth development compared to other elite football nations

U don’t even have to find an excuse now. It’s a fact that 1997 n 2001 are terrible age groups.

I remember I said 1997 were piss poor back in 2014-2016. No one agreed, I still think 99.99% of that crop have no talent n no potential to play regularly in the league. Yea Torunarigha n Henrichs are slightly better but the rest have a 2BL regular ceiling

It’s the judgement on talent n potential. 2001 is even worse than 1997, that worries me. Again I see no talent n bunch of players with 3BL ceiling

18. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If it’s injury or coach’s preference or other factors , I understand

But when I watched 1997 n 2001 play, many players I watched many games. I thought “gosh, why are we producing these players nowadays?”

I see no talent, no potential n a bunch of pass n move players. I m generally tolerant towards German players but sometimes I just see nothing from them in so many games, they aren’t even “mediocre” by ur standard. I have some doubts if they can make it as pro

Yes, we are that bad now. Even Italy n Portugal are ahead of us

So , before complaining about competition, we need to improve players quality n the talent level. Now is not enough

2002 or after may be another case but they are still 2-3 years before they reach 18-19

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    clubs also don't have much patience for young fullbacks either.

and you really love to make it seem like they are close to 0 don't you. So now you don't rate F,Muller or Neuhaus just quick 97 examples.

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well someone said that 03-Rhein hopes to breakthrough in 2020 when he turns 17.:laugh:

my hope for 02-onwards is that they don't get blocked because of 01 players. That clubs don't buy young players in same position instead of just waiting a tiny bit more.

00 still as plenty of promise so it's fine there.

21. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Florian Muller n Torunarigha are the two decent ones in 1997. Henrichs, Uduokhai n Neuhaus are ok talent.

That’s a big issue nowadays when u only have two decent talents in one age group n 3 ok ones . Rest is terrible n should be Sunday league players

That’s an undeniable issue in Germany as Kuntz has stated. We used to have 6-8 good ones per age group. Now maybe 2-3

The rest 99.9999999% I just saw nothing.

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    97 being not that great isn't too bad since they are close to 95-96. Same with 01 in between 00 and 02-onwards.

23. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fruchtl is difficult to predict because he’s a keeper. Keeper’s fate is very passive. Well striker too so I have no idea what Arp will become

Not sure about Mai but I don’t rate Bisseck n Alonso Rios that highly. Wingbacks are a bit weak but Beyer needs to show more promise.

I don’t like Majetschak’s progress in recent years,

Jesaja Herrmann now turned into winger, maybe he realises the competition at CF is a lot more.

Jastrzembski is ok talent, will be a mediocre in the league. Fringe player

Maybe Mbom, Yeboah will make it. Beyer, Jastrzembski, Arp, Fruchtl we have to see

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    since clubs do take youth NT result seriously these days. The 01 worry is next season when they go for U19 EC qualifiers.

that's one hard tournament to qualify too as it's only an 8 team tournament.

there is where it might get iffy, best thing coaches can do is call up some 02s to make the team more balanced.

25. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The problem is I didn’t see much talent in 1998 too

If u have many age groups which we can’t see talents. It’s an issue

Kuntz is right, we are producing less n less talented youngsters nowadays

No need to deny.