Bundesliga and the rest: Domestic and European competition discussion

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Sep 28, 2017.

1. SlantNGo

SlantNGo Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sané didn't play much for Bremen this year. Toward the end of Nouri's time and in almost all of Florian Kohfeldt's time as trainer, Bremen have played 2 center backs, and Veljkovic has been preferred over Sané. I think Bremen were prepared to get rid of him, with Langkamp coming in the winter transfer window as the #3 CB.

Ger90 repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Frankfurt is such a joke of a team. I honestly don't find them to be a good team at all. Too many games they win unconvincingly sometimes even while being the worst team.

It's interesting when one realizes that Kevin-Prince Boateng is one of the only reasons as to why they are so high up. All of his goals have been winning goals or key goals. Winning them 10pts from them and currently scored the leading goal vs RB to make it 2-1. I think like 3 of them are shots from distance too. An ex German player who's had a journeyman career and who comes back to Germany and is a difference maker to his meh team. If he wasn't there, don't think Frankfurt would even be in contention for Europe next season.

The other players who've done well are Chandler and Wolf.

y-lee-coyote repped this.
  3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and add this as another game which KPB wins it for Frankfurt. LOL at RB and their rotation idea, you have the edge over Napoli why the need for rotation for the league game against a CL spot rival. That RB coach is really incompetent.

y-lee-coyote repped this.
  4. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why was this game played on Monday, I have never seen a Buli game on Monday

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it's because of the EL, the team that plays at 3 PM EST on Thursday is the one who plays Monday. Which was RB.
    This Thursday, Dortmund is playing at 3PM EST, so they are playing 1BL next Monday.

its to give more time for the teams who are in EL as they play late Thursday night.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern trashes Besiktas 5-0 to be all but in the CL QF. As Besiktas were the away team which means they need to score 6 goals on Bayern in the 2nd leg to advance. Yeah not happening.

with this all 3 German European teams are in prime position to advance to the next round.

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    with Keita out and Forsberg on the bench, RB created absolutely nothing and were pretty terrible as they lost 2-0 at home. 2nd consecutive loss.

Werner's last second goal in the away game is the only reason as to why RB goes through to the R16 on aggregate away goals after being tied 3-3.

I still cant imagine how RB plans to replace Keita next season.

8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dortmund just like RB barely scrap by to make the R16.

In your face Italy/Serie A, as German Clubs eliminates 2/4 of the Serie A teams in EL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    not a bad draw for German Clubs in the R16.

RB vs Zenit
    Dortmund vs Salzburg

neither has an excuse not to make the QF.

10. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Agree, not a bad draw.

Good for the coefficient that two BL teams their Serie A opponents, now if Juve or Roma go out of the CL then the BL will at worst have equal teams remaining.

Ger90 repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Here's hoping both win so that we get to the QF at the min. Still cant believe that we haven't had a German team in the EL final since Bremen back in the 2008-2009 season, when Ozil was still at the club.

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Augustin with a tap in goal for his 5th of the season. The ball hit the post and he had the easy job. Not really an impressive striker, this was his 2nd tap in and he had another that was a PK. With just 2 normal goals this season.

in other news seems like Bayern might buy Malcolm from Bordeaux, most likely to replace Ribery and Robben. I think Ribery should be let go while keep Robben for a super sub role. Although he doesn't seem to want to play a sub role. I believe both's contract end this Summer.

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL, 3rd consecutive defeat for RB and 2nd consecutive in the league. Hasenhuttl is proving more and more how much of a clown he is. And Lookman isn't that great of an addition either.

meanwhile Koln's win makes the relegation battle an interesting one.

14. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Xhaka KDB Sane Gundogan Kolasinac Mustafi Ozil Sane Aubameyang Kompany

10 out of 22 players in the Carling cup final were ex Buli players. We need to keep our talents more.

MatthausSammer and Ger90 repped this.
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think 2BL this season is an interesting prospect of who will get promoted.

with 10 games left
    1-FCN 45 pts
    2-FD 44 pts

then this is where it's wide open.
    3-Kiel 37 pts
    12-Dynamo Dresden 32 pts

what is killing Kiel is their inability to win games, they keep drawing with 10 draws which is only 2nd in the division. If it wasn't for that, top 3 would likely have been between FCN, Kiel and FD in whatever order.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  17. Alving

Alving New Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Not vey important, but I do not think Mustafi has ever played in the Bundesliga.

18. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He played in Hamburg youth team but left before he could make the first team

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe Dortmund are better off with Batshuayi as a loan only. In the league he only performed vs Hamburg and Koln, the 2 bottom of the table team. While the rest of the games, he's been average at best. Although time will tell with 9 games to go if he performs or not. His best game has been the 1st Atalanta game in EL.

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    another game and another game where Batshuayi has done nothing. Dortmund were pretty bad in this game, one of the top teams in Germany can't beat the top team in Austria, losing 2-1. Had an "easy" draw avoiding the bigger clubs and still couldn't do anything.

now RB is next, let's hope we don't get another embarrassment.

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    RB not much better than Dortmund with a 2-1 home win, which means Zenit have a 1 away goal advantage.

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    basically they crashed post Klopp/Tuchel.

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    have to say most teams that are high up in 1BL and that seem headed to EL or CL next season are not impressive teams.

-Dortmund have been mediocre this whole season and flopping hard in Europe whether CL or even EL.
    -Frankfurt if it weren't for the return of KPB, who scored many many winning goals,mostly from distance too. They would be in the midtable range. Where based on their play they actually belong there.
    -Schalke are a pretty meh team, it's fitting that a German-Italian coach Tedesco's team plays exactly like an Italian team, lol. They drawn many games and when they win they seem to like today barely barely win games.A team that relies more on defense stability to thrive. Both Goretzka and Meyer are also out next season, most of their better games, had those 2 in the XI. Will be interesting to see how they replace them.
    -RB are a team when Sabitzer, Forsberg, Werner, and Keita are not there or fully fit are seriously unimpressive. Too many games where those 4 didn't play together. That's the difference between this season and last. The replacements are not as effective, Keita is also out next season. Hasenhuttl also has like 0 plan B, which doesn't help.

Bayer Leverkusen have been the more impressive team on the top. A few blunder games but outside of that have been better. Same team was very near the relegation zone last season. It was Brandt and Havertz that stopped them from going down then.

25. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am hoping Dortmund will change coach, buy some new players and turn it around, Reus extending is a good sign they intend to move in the market. Get rid of dross like Rode, Toprak etc get a better keeper a solid CM and a striker. Watzke and the rest of Dortmund thinks they get a pass by blaming bad Bayern everytime bit and that is getting old right now. Auba, Gundog, Dembele Miki all left them to none Bayern teams the players are losing hope in the project they are a potential CL quarter finalist if properly managed

Bayer Leverkusen is the next hope, they usually have some gem in the window. I hope their players mature more and add 1 defender, 1 CM at least

Schalke is my 3rd hope I know they have some money to spend, they need to buy another solid CB and FB also they need a top winger I dunno if they can afford Malcolm from Bordeaux

Leipzig are not CL quality and wont be next season losing Keita. Europa might be their even make them weaker, they need to use their influence on Salzburg to get quality replacement for Keita and I dunno if they are interested in splashing on some major talents

Mochengladbach is another team I hope makes Europe, They were exciting the last 2 times they were in the CL and can do some damage in Europa

I watch the Serie A once in a while and I think they have more international level players even at clubs like Inter, Roma Napoli I dont think these clubs are richer than teams in Germany

Ger90 repped this.