Bundesliga and the rest: Domestic and European competition discussion

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #3701 Alex C, Aug 30, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    Frankfurt have represented the BL fantastically well in Europe over the last year or so.

Should have beaten Chelsea in the semi final and if they had I think they would have won the competition. Hope they have another deep run this year, although without Jovic and Haller will be tough.

The CL draw, I expect Bayern to progress, Dortmund I think are good enough to get through as well although their group is less easy and yet again Leipzig get an ok group despite being in pot 4. Leverkusen will be third at best. Getting 3 teams through is possible, although it wouldn't surprise me if Leipzig bombs again.

Ger90 repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

hopefully a German club makes the final that year!

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    feeder club mentality, 2 year loan no option to buy.

Schalke is so mismanaged....

5. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Shame that Wolfsburg, Wolves and Wolfsberg all avoided each other. Would have been a funny group.

Ger90 repped this.
  6. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    German clubs have no excuse. They should all advance.

Ger90 repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    really does seem like Jovic, Haller and Rebic were using Frankfurt to go elsewhere.

meanwhile the overrated Augustin who never really impressed much is out.

8. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Dortmund with a big 4-0 win vs Leverkusen to keep up pressure

Leipzig vs Bayern will be an important game in this early start to the season

Hertha continue to look like shit

9. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Leipzig vs Bayern ends in a draw which means Leipzig takes first place, Dortmund in second while Bayern sits third. Will interesting to see if Leipzig can sustain this as the season progresses with Nagelsmann. It's been a long time since the Buli has had a third horse in the race for the title. Competition is something seriously needed in this league.

Hertha look much worse off with Covic in charge compared to Dardai. They've taken a step backwards since the hiring.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I never got why they fired Dardai, just seems like every club was firing coaches last season....

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hoff have been very downtrending since Nagelsmann left besides Joelinton leaving as well and Kramaric injured.

while Freiburg have had a very good start to the season, if they continue like this Europe is not impossible.

12. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Hoffenheim weren't able to bring in any quality replacements for players they've sold. Neither Adamyan and Bebou are good enough if they want to remain competitive

13. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Although I have nothing against them, I sincerely hope Freiburg don't secure a Europa League spot, because they are far too weak to compete there.

dips82 repped this.
  14. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Freiburg will likely drop off and align themselves in the mid table as the season moves on. I can see Frankfurt and Hoffenheim taking a step backwards. While Wolfsburg and maybe Schalke could fill in the Europa spots if they can keep it up.

15. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Looking at the foreign strikers in Buli, apart from the usual established ones like Lewy and Alcacer.

Weghorst, Osako, Sebastian Andersson, Paciencia, Plea and Embolo are a few who have gotten off to good starts to the season.

Also interesting to note, Vangelis Pavlidis who used to play for Dortmund reserves and Bochum is among the top scorers in Eredivisie right now.

16. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Embolo??? U gotta be kidding me . He’s playing at 10 by the way with us.

Petersen n Fullkrug aren’t any worse n Werner has scored 5 goals thus far

17. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So a good start for BL clubs in the CL last night. Dortmund outplayed Barca and were unlucky to draw, but good news for them was Inter dropping points at home to Slavia. After yesterday Dortmund can have confidence they can take most teams I think, Hummels was fantastic, showing up Low's decision to cut him permanently even more.

Leipzig with a big win too away at Benfica, Werner with another two goals surely there must be a way of getting him to take his club form into the NT? The other game being a draw is v good news for Leipzig, quite an even group so winning away is potentially key.

Tonight Bayern and Leverkusen kick off with winnable home games, both have arguably their easiest game first so both need to win. Leverkusen's game is most likely a EL play off, as I can't see them finishing ahead of Juve or Atletico.

Ger90 repped this.
  18. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Salzburg's Erling Braut Haland is a beast. Wonder if he makes a move to Leipzig in the summer.

19. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Leverkusen embarassing themselves already

20. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Hoewedes is an undercover agent on the Russian side :ROFLMAO:

21. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Wow, it's the same thing every year. Leverkusen are the definition of mentally weak.

22. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This s supposed to be the easiest match in the group

23. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    At this rate, Leverkusen won't stand a chance to even finish 3rd for Europa

24. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Leverkusen playing just like a struggling Germany, all possession and no finish.

25. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Predictable Levekusen fail at their own home