Bundesliga and the rest: Domestic and European competition discussion

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    they will be forced to rely on their U19-II players more and yeah some 2BL vets that are cheap. Really does explain how they lured Pakia there.

2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Coefficient updates around Europe

RB Salzburg to qualify directly for the CL group stages for the first time in history next season. They've always failed in qualification before and get bounced to EL

While if Chelsea win the EL then Ligue 1 will benefit as the 3rd place French side will qualify directly for CL without having to go through qualifying playoffs

https://www.kicker.de/news/fussball...alzburg-erstmals-in-der-champions-league.html

3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria

4. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hoff is being heavily linked with English 99 CF Martell Taylor-Crossdale. Glad to know how irrelevant D.Otto is for Hoff that they get want some CF that's the same age as him. Continues to show how these clubs go after players even when they have players the same ages and positions.

6. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Otto should play on loan somewhere else next season. Like Paderborn if they make promotion. Not gonna be much playing time for him next season. Hoffenheim are already bringing in Adamyan and still likely retain Kramaric, Belfodil and Joelinton

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    the 99 age group is an age group where German clubs seem to not know what to do with most of them. Plenty of them aren't doing much.

Hoff is a club that used to pride themselves on youth promotion now like the rest of Germany they just go elsewhere. So Otto goes on loan but they'll integrate this British player? Or how they took players on loan who everyone knows won't stay over developing their own players.

also Nagelsmann has been crap at youth promotion in his final season at Hoff. It's like he didn't even try one bit, only chances came with mass injuries....is starting to make me doubt he'll do much promotion at RB Leipzig.......

Blueberry_night repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol that $8+ M price tag for Oxford now seems like it'll be $3M. Not even a good player but can't wait to see him block F.Gotze next season, one costs millions the other cost peanuts.

at this point this whole league will be filled with Frenchies and British players, even mediocre ones.

1BL clubs run on trends too, after Sancho every club in Germany want British players. I mean, Sancho is an elite talent, and vast majority of British players are nowhere near Elite. Where's the logic going after nationality doesn't mean squat.

9. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    warning, incoming wall of rant... okay, not so much of rant maybe...

honestly speaking, I lost so much passion in following football this season... its feel like I don't even care to know who will win bundesliga, pokal, cl, el. I've been writing elsewhere that german club completely shit the bed since god know whens. last time german club won uefa cup was schalke, before 2000. that's already more than 20 years... apart from bayern, bvb on the same year. same, more than 20 years.... while club from russia, ukraina, portugal, netherlands, france at least won uefa / europe at some point during those 20 years. pathetic, just completely pathetic.

but at least, no matter how shitful bundesliga club perform at continental club competition, they at least deliver on nt platform. at least, until, you know, disastrous last year... so after last year disaster, i manage to trick my own mind that last year performance will be compensated by german club performance this season. stupid i know, but i need to do whatever means, fantasy, illusion required to motivate myself following football. and there goes this season. it even yields bigger dissapointment. bayern and bvb totally shit the bed, frankfurt doing better but still... and on club level, more and more club prioritize foreign player, disregard youth with ample opportunity. and club with more german player keep faltering downward, see leverkusen, berlin. for god sake even leverkusen might not qualify for europa league for crying out loud. so to see how even nagelsmann doesn't care about youth progress, i don't know, i don't feel anything anymore. its like that german football will head to obscurity to the same level as bulgary or romania. at this point, bayern could play with 11 frenchies or dortmund play with 11 englishboy and i'm totally okay with that, cause why not...

Ger90 repped this.
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    naw even Berlin doesn't give a shit about Germans or promotion. They start like 3-4 of XI Germans only and that's the max, so many games had like 2 Germans in XI. The rest is all foreign and they keep going after foreign youngsters too instead of integrating their own. There seems to have been issues between Dardai and the youth at Hertha at how little integration there was. I mean the 99 age group with 00s won the freaking U19 Championship for the 1st time in their history and they integrate like no one. What exactly do these youngsters need to do?

I mean Nagelsmann for one like many other clubs are disgusting to be honest. You see tons of praise for German youngsters but then these same clubs and people go after foreign talents, where's the logic. Otto got praise from Nagelsmann but he barely got any playing time and no real integration.

I also suspect unless things change, that the 2017 U21 Euro might be the last in awhile with Germany being competitive. Afterwards it will be harder when clubs aren't really integrating much.

and Germany senior NT could struggle future wise if it's own mother league is filled with French and English players, what a way to make those 2 nations stronger while weakening itself. I mean look at current Germany and imagine Sane/Gnabry miss the Euro......yikes, where are the back up players?

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

so the obvious, he was using the Bayern interest to force himself on Chelsea.

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    meant 2019 U21.

13. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Backup for Sane / Gnabry? No worries, Draxler and Schurrle come to rescue ;) or maybe Low can play Matthias Ginter as winger since it is completely reasonable to do so. We already have plethora of young Frenchies at bundesliga. Sometimes I wonder if those head honcho at DFB/DFL really care about this issue. I mean do they really aware of this situation? Anything concrete to rectify the situation apart from we-already-build-new-building at Frankfurt

Ger90 repped this.
  14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bebou is a German dual why is he being posted here?

the head honchos don't give a shit, Low/Bierhoff are like it's a good thing the league is filled with English and Frenchies and they keep praising England. And they all know there are problems but seems it won't be better for like another 5 years or more. Yay of essentially half a decade with barely any Germans playing. No you sad bums, it's a good thing when the league is filled with domestic players. The league is stronger when the domestic are stronger. So far the foreign fixation hasn't done much in terms of Europe results because they are mostly mediocre ones.

the clubs don't really care either, they actually want none German players. Reason is all about expanding their clubs to outside of Germany. The Germany fanbase is limited and everyone has their own teams but outside it's easier to reach other markets when your team is full of foreigners. Look at Frankfurt that's a team that's obvious they want foreign players and the team is filled with players from all over the place. They always say they have one of the smallest budget in Germany yet their teams are full of bought and loaned in players. Where Trapp (on loan), Rode (on loan) and da Costa are the only Germans on the team......Irony is small budget should mean more domestic but nope.

as for rectifying it, they are improving the training for youth but you likely won't see results for years......

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    also the more clubs get young foreign players the bigger the danger. They aren't signing these players for short term it's for long term. Where do the young Germans fit in when their clubs are already filled with young players and a lot of these clubs go essentially on a young player quota, meaning only a specific amount of space barring injuries. And why integrate young Germans with 0 experience when they can just buy players who already have some experience from inferior leagues.

to be integrated for real, the players needs the club and coach to have a space for them on the team not they are back up only mode, which way too many players seem to be.

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1129063178019721217 is not a valid tweet id

18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria

19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    like I keep saying Oxford has been a complete and utter disaster in every game he plays for Augsburg yet they want to spend millions for him, lol. Wolfsburg leading 8-1 with him as CB.....

22. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Mainz level vs Hoffenheim and brings Frankfurt into European spots

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    CL: Bayern (Champs), Dortmund, RB Leipzig, Bayer Leverkusen
    EL: Gladbach, Wolfsburg, Frankfurt.

miss out Hoff (had a 2-0 lead lol, Nagelsmann bombed), Bremen.

24. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  25. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen