Bundesliga 2018-19, Bayern Munich or bust!

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Aug 20, 2018.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #101 hotjam2, Sep 29, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    then this is going back to my original post/opinion; just about all of Germany's best players are CM's! This is why Jones kept attacking straight up the middle. At least Horst switched to more of a variety, thus making scoring stars out of Schuller & Huth. Now it's all mute, but just wondering how well Horst would of done vs the 3 top opponents in the world(his highest he beat was #5 Canada, but that team is a bit over rated in my opinion) Could of he won the WC?
    Going back to my OP; not without a world class CB or striker. especially proofed that he keeps bringing back the likes of Peter back into the squad, as well as Doorsoun currently not even being used as an CB at WOB(if she ever starts/gets playing time)

We'll have to see what MVT brings to table, but from watching the Swiss, it's too much pushing the FB's up & out of position again via Low & his disciples, Neid & Jones

2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    huge game right now, Bayern Munich vs Wolfsburg, but only can be watched on the pay subscription channel --- Telekom
    here are the starting lineups
    42793567_2228513390522993_4850343581400956928_n.jpg 42990348_2081866255169969_7197398519806689280_n.png

4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    WOW total disaster for Bayern Munich! 0-6 scoreline. Guess got to wait for high lights to see what happened

5. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Didn’t watch the match but pretty sure that Bayern’s underwhelming midfield lost the game and them trying to be brave against Wolfsburg

6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, given the title of this thread, this should probably lead the thread itself to bust? :x3:

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    My biggest concern with Bayern seems to have been completely exposed today... the poor tactical application from their coach.

I've only read one match report, but it sounds like Wolfsburg just used their high pressing against a very dumb/passive Bayern approach, and Bayern's coach simply couldn't compete and adapt to what was happening.

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What..? One of the main problems with Germany's senior wnt is it's constant inability to select genuine CM's, with the main reasons Jones would end up failing with the wnt, having very little to do with her nations supposed abundance of CM talent; not when it's obvious Hrubesch still faces the same selection puzzle now.

Yes, this current talent pool has a lot of creative AM/CAM talent, but real CM options, just like new CB options, have mainly stagnated.
    LOL, no... Germany's wnt aren't wining anything as long as Neid and Ballweg are still making decisions for the program. This goes way beyond the puppet figurehead of the team.

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Doorsoun was said to be excellent vs Bayern today, probably hinting there's more to come from her; but if it's not already clear by now that Hrubesch isn't the only person making all of the choices when it comes to the nature of the national squad, I don't know what to say...

Hrubesch himself has openly stated having discussions with MVT and others on the preparation for the WC lol. So don't you see what's happening here..?

10. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    The defensive performance from Bayern was.. :eek:

blissett and Batfink repped this.
  11. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    So according to the highlights, Bayern’s midfield looked non existent lol
    So I’m pretty sure that Wolfsburg dominated the whole game and these Bayern defensive players prevented it from becoming more due to their non existent midfield.... but doesn’t hide the fact that Wenninger looked all over the place today, Demann losing some key duels and Schweers with that OG and none of them seemed to be able to cover up for the mistakes that the others made...

So this Bayern midfield could really need some speed, but still I see that Hendrich was subbed in for Maier loo, the only defender out there who wasn’t completely exposed if judging by the highlights lol

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #112 Batfink, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    Bayern's defense...
    [​IMG]

Wolfsburg exposed all of Bayern's weakness, but where was the tactical adjustments from Bayern's coach..? Every goal they conceded, the highlights didn't show any of Bayern's CM anywhere near their CB's lol (I mean as intelligent defensive mid-field support, or passing options).

Anyway... like I've said before, it's only a matter of time before Hendrich becomes a regular starter in Bayern's mid-field. But wow, that defensive performance was horrendous lol.

13. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well this Bayern team gave away too many free chances to Wolfsburg due to individual mistakes, but also the marking in the box and the midfield looked like a flop

14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've enjoyed previously WOB's more free style attacking ways than BM often ponderously slow buildups, but was hoping BM would win the league, due to more German's on the team.

But this result proves everything that's wrong with BM buying up the league's best domestic players. No doubt BM weakened the league, but now bringing all those NT's together, yet playing so lethargically(when the competition gets tough) reminds me of Lyon & it's disastrous flops of the French NT recently at major tournament.

At least Leupolz can't be blamed this time(as she didn't play) but you think better with both Dabritz & Magull starting. Though that's what I've been trying to tell Batfink@; you can't play two otherwise strong AM's side by side(or shove one to another position), that's why Horst, for instance, just uses or starts one of those players.

terrible defending by Denman, makes me wonder now if someone else should be starting at CB for the NT?(possibly back to Hendrich, who defended so well vs the US with quite a few tackles)

on the other hand, Pajor proving to be the next superstar of woso, that first goal wasn't just 1v1 attacking, it was more like 1v4! The WOB coach needs to get German players to play like that(Stolze might be a good prospect, but lack of playing time, plus her youth coaches trying to turn her into an AM is right now nixing that)

15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I agree that Pajor was stellar, but describing Bayern's defense as an horror show is an understatement: I only saw highlights, but judging from them only, Wolfsburg could have scored even more.
    I can't help wondering about the harmony in Bayern's team: you would believe that players wouldn't be so careless, if they'd really care for each other.

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ...:confused: Magull was a FW next to Rolser, while Däbritz played wide right within Bayern's 4-4-2. So your not making any sense with your lazy generalization... no sense at all.

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    lol, it proves NOTHING about the supposed negative affects of them buying the leagues best domestic players, as Bayern's formation/tactics on the day were truly horrible, with Magull being the only new domestic international recruit at Bayern to start.

So how does addition of a new recruit Magull starting as a FW become the issue now, for a team who beat and drew with this same Wolfsburg side during the second half of last season..?

Seriously, the only major differences between the two teams from last season, was Bayern missing Rolfö and Leupolz, and Wolfburg missing Goeßling. But besides that, it was the same players facing each other again, but this time seeing Bayern using a 4-4-2, and no plan of action to counteract Wolfsburg's high pressure.

I mean are you going to ignore the obvious fact Wenninger, Skorvankova, Roord, were all involved in this match too..? with Wenninger and Skorvankova playing key roles in various poor sequences of play.

Bad tactics remain the biggest factor here, allowing Wolfsburg to feast on the numerous individual errors of Bayern's players.

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I still feel that Hendrich should be in central mid-field for club and country, with the option of her playing CB never depending on the kind of horror show her club displayed without her in the last match vs Wolfsburg.

And I say this because you using Hendrich's performance vs the US as a guide line for future success sounding pretty ridiculous, when the same tournament also saw her exposed to simple long balls vs England; oh, and remember the 2-3 Iceland match...:speechless:

Meaning your probably being far too reactionary in assessment of a players value/quality.

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    When you wrote this, I presumed you'd completely forgotten about Wolfsburg's lack of domestic talent lol.

Plus where, and when, did the youth team try and turn Stolze into a AM..? Everything I saw about the U-19's recent Euro's said it was to the detriment of the team having Stolze mostly wasted as substitute, that if used would come on as a supporting forward next to Anyomi.

So I'm lost on where you think anybody is trying to convert Stolze into anything but a striker..?

20. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Demann looked poor sometimes out there yes, but doesn’t hide the fact that she’s still an excellent CB
    And she was a part of a Bayern team, as Batfink said, drew and won over Wolfsburg last season + she was excellent in the DFB Pokal, a game I watched

Btw Fischer’s leaving Wolfsburg next season
    It’s now or never for Wolfsburg

21. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    So Wörle's contract with Bayern is not extended which means this is his last season

22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    why would they decide that now?(instead of the end of the season). But the fallout of the disastrous 0-6 score, obviously was more serious than first thought, considering that Worle's now in charge of so many of the NT players.

one thing under consideration; WOB seems this year to be incredible strong considering they've beefed up their defense a bit with Doorsoun & Pajor looks like she's headed to super stardom(she's defiintely shown up Harder so far).

So are we seeing a team that if it was NT, would win the WC?(if it was allowed to play in it)/ or that no NT in world(including the US & Germany) could defeat?

this question was debated over here when own NC Courage won the NWSL championship in dominating, a lot of posters were saying that it easily could beat the US NT.

So perhaps BM loosing to WOB isn't a big deal. it's just the scoreline of that game was surprising

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #123 Batfink, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Your looking too hard... Bayern's tactics just stink, and it's been that way for a long time now, and yes I was speaking this way when they were wining titles.

Of course Wolfsburg's started this season really well, but go back and look at last season first few matches, and you'll notice their results aren't too dissimilar to whats happening now.

So before anybody proclaim Wolfsburg an unstoppable juggernaut, I think people should wait until the season reaches the winter break before deciding what teams are truly capable of accomplishing.

24. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    so no DFB(website) game of the week? Any freebie streams from Telekom? As Essen vs Potsdam is coming up

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The live match was probably shown on Saturday....:unsure: