Bundesliga 2018-19, Bayern Munich or bust!

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh, and another sign of Bayern's current recruitment policy having little to do with their soon to be departing coach, they announce the signing of 22yo wnt GK Carina Schlüter.

This happening with Austrian wnt GK Zinsberger announcing her departure from the club at the end of this season. Meaning Bayern will now have German internationals Benkarth and Schlüter fighting for 1st choice GK next season.

Making me wonder now, how long before we hear Lea Schüller being announced as a Bayern player... as this was a rumor I initially didn't believe would happen this season, but start to feel like it's slowly growing a sense of inevitably...:coffee:

2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You put me on the spot, and whatever the reason is, she didn't play in these 2 last(very important games). She did however play a full 90 in 2 previous ones. Maybe she re injured herself a bit? But right now at current form she will not make it on the WC squad/ or it will be purely on previous creds.

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #353 Batfink, Apr 2, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    True... Maier's lack of club level playing time is the most likely reason for her potentially missing a WC.

But lets be real here... is anybody really in the belief the wnt would be better without her, considering the still unknown role Bühl would play in MVT's plans, and the completely random reintroduction of Bremer...o_O

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I mean due to long term injury, nobody know's what Bremer's best will be anymore, and she's been selected to replace Bühl lol; a player who's own selection was already highly suspect, with everybody pretty confused seeing her name placed with the list of defenders...:unsure:

So what has Bremer done on her return to fitness, that an established tournament level FB like Maier hasn't..?

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I've personally not seen evidence of Hegering's defensive superiority over Demann. I've seen enough of Rauch to know she's easily the weakest 1v1 defender in the squad. And hope there's never a legitimate reason to see Goeßling forced into a CB ever again lol.

Then I see a long time injured Bremer is being called back into an important pre WC squad...:confused:, thinking it could only be as another horrible choice for MVT's RB role lol.

Even though Gasper continues to be the leagues best domestic FB, with Maier healthy enough to finish an entire match for her club. This being something I'm not sure Bremer has been able to accomplish in months, no?

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I thought Bremer's offensive potential really high prior to her leaving Germany, but if she's being selected now to showcase what she can provide MVT as a FB, if Gasper not deemed good enough, I'd honestly prefer to see somebody like Wolter given a chance.

Plus I don't even understand why the RB role has become an issue for MVT now, when somebody like Schweers as a established regular is perfectly comfortable playing both RB/LB roles.

LOL, I'd rather MVT take the risk on selecting somebody like Bremer, if it mean't seeing a non factor like Knaak kicked out. But what has Bremer done for her club this season better than Knaak to justify anything like that..:unsure:

7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    did Buhl get injured? hopefully it's not serious/ Bremer's whole Man City experience been, 2 minutes so far this season, 49 minutes last season.
    Germany - P. Bremer - Profile with news, career statistics and history - Women Soccerway
    She took a whole 1 year & half to recover. Kemme finally played a whole 2 minutes for Arsenal last week(maybe she's in the running too?)

MVT kicked out a lot of the veterans on her Swiss team for several newbie teenagers for their run in WC qualifiers, but that ended up failing; So it's hard to predict right now what she wants; newer players or vets/.

I was thinking at first, that Laudehr might have a chance, but she's seems to be doing some excessive fouling over the last few games. The Czech's insisted she should of gotten a red card in that last Slavia game

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well.. Felicitas Rauch is finally been announced as a Wolfsburg player, and I wonder if the club has the intelligence to continue with this return to a domestic recruitment process, raiding other clubs in this league for players that would definitely improve their squad for next season.

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    But for Potsdam this has to be another sign that their own system of player development, and recruitment, is seriously failing them too. As none of their junior international seem to be progressing into the first team, with new rivals like Essen, Freiburg, managing to get first options on various talents that would never think of turning down Potsdam in the past.

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have absolutely no idea where Bremer's future resides at club or international level. But to think she's made the pre WC squad with less the 60 minutes of football in the past two season is....o_O

I thought she'd come back to Germany to try and regain the lost time she had moving so young to Lyon, but with her being in England now.... I'm still not sure what she'll offer having spent so much time developing outside of her home land.

Aged 22, is she a defender now, a wide AM, or can she still score goals like she did as a even younger teenage forward..? Does Bremer still have her speed, or has she developed a more devise style using one/two touch play...?

11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not sure if they are richer of not: what I do know is that a completely different era for women's football started about two years ago, when finally big men's club as Juventus or Milan opened a women's section. With their money behind the women's teams, new "big" signings as Leupolz are now possible, thus they do happen.

14. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG] ....

I've not heard prior rumors, or seen anything about this being an actual thing lol. Honestly, even if Milan offered Leupolz a substantial amount of life changing money, for various reasons I just don't see this happening...

16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    According to the subsequent tweet, it looks like it was an april fool!!! :confused:

Edit: "Per molti che non avessero compreso purtroppo è il 01 Aprile 2019!!!" (Translation: "For many who didn't realize that, it's, alas, 1st of April of 2019!!!")

Batfink repped this.
  17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I thought this was old news...:unsure:. With Wolfsburg's recruitment of Huth being the obvious reaction to the loss of one of their most effective wide threats.

I mean, it's a big reason why I was proposing a new domestic based recruitment spree for Wolfsburg, as their about to lose both Fischer and Hansen, from a team exposed in recent seasons for an underwhelming depth within defensive and mid-field roles.

Meaning them obtaining another high assist and goal scoring wide AM like Huth a great start to the 2019/20 recruitment of Wolfsburg. But they'll need to push even harder now, and go for more of the leagues better performers, and young talents.

Seeing smart leadership take a look at the U-17/19 teams for potential young stars, and go for senior level league talents like Groenen, Pawollek, Lattwein, Fellhauer, Gasper, to redevelop their squad, and potentially strengthen their starting 11 too.

18. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Essen/BM was actually a very entertaining game. but many questions abound; why again BM is nor using German players at it's disposal?(Leupolz, Dabritz, lil Leo with Islacker only getting change at the end)/ As well as Dallmann coming in for like 25 min, at the end & not playing Knaak for the other side)

do makes you wonder again if MVT going to take players that aren't at full speed, since whether the WC or any major/lengthy tourney. favors a team with zero injuries(rather than coming in with players.

due to the draw, WOB takes the lead, but it's the same old thing, all of their 4 goals(vs BL) came from their foreign regime

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    2016/17 season, both Harder and Hansen had only scored 6 goals each. 2017/18 Season, Harder had jumped to 17 goals, Hansen down to 3, with Pajor 4 to her name. 2018/19 Season currently see's Harder on 15, Hansen on 7, and Pajor 22 goals..o_O

So please tell me... besides Popp, which other domestic talents were Wolfsburg going to use this season, all capable of producing a higher goal return than their current league leading attack...?

Schüller's still at Essen, and is one of only two German FW's I feel capable of potentially coming close to producing Pajor's goal return. Huth is replacing Hansen next season, and has previously only scored double figures once in this league.

Oh, and this knowing Dallmann, Däbritz, Magull, will all be playing for Bayern soon, and remain the only domestic AM's in this league with records that match Harder's time at Wolfsburg.

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's difficult to know the true condition of Bayern's players, as their coach is constantly changing their starting 11 for reasons that rarely have to do with individuals fitness.

But with the shallow nature of Essen's team, I honestly believe the only reason they wouldn't start Knaak, or Dallmann, is 100% down to them not being healthy or injured.

22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    WOW so Dabritz along with Rolfo leave Bayern Munich for PSG. Zinsburger to Man City. There's even rumours that lil Leo & Roord are leaving BM(along with the Leupolz to AC Milan talk)

what the bleep is going?

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Your Leupolz to AC Milan rumor was already revealed by blissett to be nothing more than a weird April fools joke. With the old news of Zinsberger's end of season departure hardly being a shock either, seeing how Bayern will have 2 senior team German wnt GK's both fighting for the #1 jersey next season...

But looking at recent poor performances, and Bayern's recruitment policy, I wouldn't be surprised to see a number of other players leaving Bayern come the end of the season. Even if I don't believe it will see Däbritz, and Rolfö, both leaving the club at the same time...:cautious:

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It is true Gwinn and Dallmann would be perfect ready made replacements to score the minimum 10 league goals a season Bayern currently receive from Däbritz, and Rolfö. But besides the promise of receiving significantly more money somewhere else, Maier leaving now doesn't make sense for the club, or her career...:unsure:

I mean, the lack of regular playing time means I can see Roord definitely leaving. But why would Maier want to leave now, with her likely being in the position of facing close to zero competition for a starting RB role next season, heading into a potential Olympic cycle she'll need to be playing regular football to keep new wnt FB rivals at bay...?

Seriously... with her unlikely to be in the coming WC squad, as impressive young FB's like Gasper and Siems gain visibility in the league, if Maier leaves Bayern for a foreign club, I feel like her wnt career basically over.