Bundesliga 2018-19, Bayern Munich or bust!

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Aug 20, 2018.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    WOB's out after loosing 2-4. But they didn't really want to make any major changes from their first game

BM's cruising to a 3-0 halftime, Nice part; 8 German starters! But so far no Lohmann or lil Leo.

Batfink and blissett repped this.
  2. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Lerch as expected didn't learn anything from last year or the last game in Lyon

Leo's not fit yet and Lohmann seems to have lost her starting position :confused:

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The word stubborn seem appropriate, but...
    [​IMG]

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Have they really progressed anywhere since their first UCL victory..? But I'll say more on this later..
    Their coach is starting Islacker too, so I don't think Lohmann's omission from the starting 11 has anything to do with decisions potentially helping the team lol.

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #330 Batfink, Mar 28, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    It's a shame Bayern have such a horrible level of discipline and overall confusion to the identity of their team; because I feel like they honestly have all the talent to be a significantly stronger force domestically and within European competition, but need a coach to get it all functioning closer to it's full potential.

I mean seriously... using 2 DM's at home against Slavia Prague....:confused:

If your Doorsoun, Minde, Jakabfi, or Baunach, your looking at the coaching staff at Wolfburg asking the same questions.

And with Bayern still being in a prime position to win both the league and the domestic cup, this could be a very important moment for Wolfsburg too. As their squad really needs a complete overhaul now, but doesn't appear to have any clear direction in place after this latest collapse vs Lyon.

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And I'm not saying Wolfsburg couldn't still win a domestic double, having reached another UCL final if it wasn't for meeting Lyon in an earlier round.

I'm just saying they could still leave this season without a single trophy, with watchers of the domestic league having already seen cracks begin to appear in Wolfsburg this season, as Bayern put a similar style 4-2 defeat on them.

7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    OMG, whatever happened to Schult's goalkeeping? and rather shabby defending by Goessling as well

8. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's the full BM/Slavia game

FC Bayern vs. SK Slavia Praha 5-1 | UEFA Women's Champions League 2018/19 - Quarter-Final | ReLive - YouTube

Slavia made the mistake not to battle at mid, but rather bunker, but otherwise did love the free flowing form of BM, in this one. Almost like watching the German NT play. I guess you could sub Islacker, who scored 2 goals, but flopped her only fast break, I read that some fans felt like Laudehr should of gotten a red on fragment foul(but I didn't noticed), but otherwise Hendrich, Leupolz, Dbritz Magull aced their spots

9. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I watched the whole game and Gössling was easily Wolfsburg's best player in the first half at least... didn't look very good on Lyon's third goal but overall she was one of the better out there with Fischer. I must say that Neto has to be dropped for now and Lena to play her position - also Gunnarsdottir doesn't look to be in her best form for me either - or maybe it was just the fact that Lyon played Wolfsburg bad

Rauch's most likely going to join Wolfsburg as a LB option so you really gotta wonder where Peter will end up now? o_O

10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid

just going with the highlights, the 2nd goal), Goessling looks like supposedly guarding Ada, when Schult flies out of her box & botches her tackle.

4th goal) Cascarino beats Peter by a mile, but look at the cross kick, it goes right between the legs of Goessling before arriving to Le Sommer

here's hoping MVT sticks with Frohms at GK and Elsig & Doorsoun at CB. Leupolz &/or Demann at DM, as with upcoming powerhouses, Sweden & Japan, you can't take defense too lightly

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bayern still lack a lot of the high discipline you would expect to see from a genuinely elite team; and I feel they showed that by relaxing too much during the 2nd half of this match, allowing Slavia Prague to create the kind of chances better opponents would take and make life a lot more complicated than it really should be.

Islacker also continues to show that her starting in a team at this level of football consistently beyond her too, making the simple errors that make you wonder how much longer it takes before Beerensteyn gets her chance to take over as the more one dimensional version of Rolser...?

Plus I don't understand why the coach now allows Demann and Leupolz to continue getting in each others way as CM's, when it just makes more sense to use Demann as a libero within a 3 CB defense, allowing Leupolz to remain in a more clear and defined role in CM next to the more offensively advanced Magull or Roord.

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Goeßling simply isn't a serious long term CB option for a team hoping to win major competitions. And with the warning signs everybody mentioned seeing versus Freiburg, I feel like this game is where the coach should have shown faith in his squad and given Doorsoun her opportunity as Fischer's CB partner.

And yes... the CM duo of Neto - SBG was so ordinary, it makes you wonder what the coaches feel their seeing to honestly believe this an improvement over Goeßling being in CM; and this knowing how good she was next to Keßler in past victorious WOB UCL, and wnt Euro teams.

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #338 Batfink, Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    LOL, Rauch can't defend though.... meaning Wolfsburg let Simon go to Lyon, so they could eventually recruit a 3rd/4th choice wnt FB who can't defend 1v1...:confused:

Honestly, if Wolfsburg intends to raid Potsdam for all their best players again, they should also look at snatching Gasper and Siems from them too, instantly fixing their FB's issues for the next 5-8 years.

And if they want to really take steps to address the lack of depth within a weakening squad, they should probably also look at recreating the recruiting process that initially brought them to the elite of Europe, and sign more of the best players from around the league again; names like Groenen, Pawollek, Feldkamp, Lattwein, Elsig....

Also Keeping a close watch over the return of Fellhauer, taking steps to make it clear to both Oberdorf, and Bühl, that you want to create the scenario where they end up playing for WOB in the next two years.

Because when your starting Neto in both matches of a UCL quarter finals versus Lyon, I'm sure letting players like Groenen potentially leave this league for another rival, a sign of Wolfsburg's pure incompetence lol.

14. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Let us put Wolfsburg aside for a moment and just congratulate you Batfink of how big a mess Bayern is at the moment

I mean, the same starting eleven is never starting --- and they were completely outplayed by Wolfsburg today lol
    Wenninger's apparently co-captain but for some reasons she didn't start in the CL homegame against Prague for some reasons?? :confused:

However I think it's worth noticing how good Popp looked in the midfield today - and Doorsoun had a great game as well

Rolfö, despite being in good form, didn't start today
    Lohmann for some reasons starting randomly today after being benched for some games
    Damjanovic shouldn't be playing at all
    Skarvankova as a RB today while Hendrich played left and Schweers as a LM

Batfink repped this.
  15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @Thomsen Yeah... this match had various good and bad points on show from both teams, but if there was a moment people really woke up to the biggest problem at Bayern, it had to be this match, seeing just how consistently erratic and flawed their coaches decisions are on a game to game basis.

Leaving out Deamann, Magull, Rolfö, but starting players who've been non factors for weeks, clearly not understanding how to correctly construct a team around a 3-4-3, are Just the initial of the problems with Bayern's soon to be exiting coach...:speechless:

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And then when you look at Wolfsburg in this match, you see the few obvious key changes that should have been made versus Lyon...:confused:, but this time facing an opponent both significantly more self destructive, and tactically incompetent, than Lyon could ever be right now.

So if this match saw Bayern's various self imposed weakness exposed again, I still believe this dominating win for Wolfsburg also managed to expose a few of their inherent weakness too; weakness that could still see this season mark the end of one era, and the start of another for both clubs, should Bayern's next coaching regime make full use of the tools at their disposal...

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh, and if Maier ever had a display like the one Skorvankova produced versus Wolfsburg, hotjam2 would be absolutely tearing Maeir's performance apart lol.

I mean... don't personally feel it was 100% all Skorvankova's fault, seeing how much worse Leupolz was doing completely failing in her role as a DM. But I've seen hotjam decide to criticize Maier for better performances than the one Skorvankova displayed versus Wolfsburg lol.

18. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I mean, I don't get why he's constantly rotating all the time - I mean, Wenninger's apparently co-captain but finds herself to be benched against Prague to then get subbed on to start against Wolfsburg to then get subbed off (rightfully so, was pretty poor against Wolfsburg although she's a great CB regardless). Demann's been playing for Lohmann the last games but now out of nowhere Lohmann's starting the game against Wolfsburg instead of Demann like I'm not sure what he's doing...

It looked like the whole midfield and defense didn't match up to Wolfsburg yesterday - a midfield with Leupolz and Lohmann won't do it - I still think Leupolz was one of the better out there - being calm enough with the ball and starting some attacks, defending well... but obviously football is a team sport so she couldn't do it all on her own yesterday where the only good defender was Hendrich - although I still feel like we saw a bit yesterday the technical limits of Kathy

Yes, Skorvankova was... not sure - she clearly isn't a RB to say it that way. If I remember right, according to the highlights against Wolfsburg when they lost 6-0 featuring a backline of Maier - Wenninger - Demann - Schweers - Maier was the only one not completely exposed

Bayern's a mess but I would still love them to win the CL although Lyon will be too tough I'm afraid..

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL, if you know the team that played the last time Bayern beat Wolfbsurg, you should already know exactly why he did this... It's because except for Lewandowski, Bayern featured the EXACT same line up lol.

See, without taking into consideration the form of his own players, and the opposing team, Bayern's coach just thought he could pick the exact same team, and gain the same or similar end result...:rolleyes:

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ...:unsure: In a match her positioning was pretty awful 90% of the time, I see Leupolz being directly at fault for at least 2 goals. I mean, you may not have seen this in the highlights, but it's Leupolz stupidly losing possession the ball, that end's up leading to Pajor scoring the 3rd goal.

Even if you don't want to criticize her individual performance within an all round bad team performance, Leupolz was also 100% at fault for the 4th goal, not even attempting to run back and track the movement of Harder, who was left all alone on the edge of the box to eventually score her 2nd.

And lets be honest here... even with Bayern's undisciplined approach to this match, the one thing Bayern should have taken from the UCL matches between Wolfbsurg and Lyon, should have been what a real DM presence will do to neutralize Harder as a mid-field presence.

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The CB's had no protection. And I don't care how good you are as a 1v1 defender, if your part of a back 3, constantly chasing opposing attackers because you mid-field a complete non-existent factor to the game, you going to have a bad day.

If I were going to make two predictions related to Bayern, I'd say...

With their coach constantly rotating his team without a genuine thought of how they should play, I still wouldn't be shocked to see Bayern reach a UCL final.

And even though Bayern got completely destroyed by Wolfbsurg, I don't see Freiburg being as easy an opponent to beat for Wolfsburg during a cup final, as Bayern were during their highly one sided semi final...:cautious:

22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    speaking of the little one, let's see how much playing time she got vs another strong opponent(after she sat out the important CL game
    Bayern München vs. Wolfsburg - 31 March 2019 - Women Soccerway
    oh well, I'm sure a game with Borissia Mochengladbach is around corner, lol. One more concern for her fans, Gwinn looked liked a very nifty right back the other day. Hmm......hope MVT wasn't watching that game

I would like to see BM stick more to a German team, as when you look at it's foreign squad, it's their not exactly phenoms. Beereynsteen & Roord are not starters on a healthy Dutch NT. Surprisingly Rolfo isn't a starter either for Sweden. Wenninger & Zinsburger have proved to be a one trick pony with Austria, as that squad has under performed since the Euros,, & seriously doubt it if any of BM's eastern euros will ever see the WC.
    Compare that with WOB who I honestly feel that the Hansen-Harder-Pajor combo is the strongest in the world/even better than Lyon's Le Sommer-Hegerberg-Cascarino(though Lyon beats them with overall talent in every other positions),
    I think it's going to be even steven vs Barca, who can not only boast as much as 11 current Spanish NT's, but perhaps an slightly stronger contingent of foreign players; Lieke Martins, Toni Duggan, the Brazilian, Alves, the frizzy hair, tall French girl(forgot her name) along with a few others/
    Its going to be up to German coaching to win this series(which I think is more superior to the Spanish) but then can be overwrought with gambling on defense as the BM coach proved vs WOB)

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wow... that's some very unimpressive deflection skills lol.

I mean Gwinn's been used a RB LOADS of times by her club, but your so desperate to deflect criticism away from facts concerning Skorvankova's own performance, it seems you've shifted to regurgitating points that make no sense anymore lol.

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #349 Batfink, Apr 2, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    More deflecting taking place here lol, as I'd call the erratic form of your beloved Netherlands since the shock home soil Euro's win, the very definition of a one trick pony.. no?

But we're going to ignore all that, and call Bayern's foreign talents useless, because their current coach really doesn't seem to understand how to construct an elite team...?

Magull was easily one of the players in this league with Freiburg, but I'm supposed to believe she's useless now, because her new coach hasn't been able to cultivate the same form within the Bayern team, without her also never consistently starting for the national team..?

Showcasing how there should always more nuance shown for this kind of subject.

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hmmm, I'm pretty sure Lyon use a diamond mid-field formation allowing Le Sommer - Hegerberg to play up front, with Marozsan the CAM sat behind them. And in that reality, they sure looked a lot better than Wolfsburg's front 4 of Hansen - Harder - Pajor - Popp, even if you feel like Hansen - Harder - Pajor, Wolfsburg's 3 most important attackers.

And this coming from somebody who believes the recent matches between these two clubs a lot closer than the final scoreline suggests; with Wolfsburg making the simple mistakes, and wasting the types of clear chances, that could have otherwise seen them draw the first match, and potentially win the 2nd.

Meaning for all the talent of Hansen - Harder - Pajor, it's hard to argue them being a genuinely better/more impressive attacking trio than the combination of Le Sommer - Hegerberg - Marozsan.