Bundesliga 2018-19, Bayern Munich or bust!

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Aug 20, 2018.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    DAMN Blasse & Peter are starting! This don't look good

2. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Where do u watch the game

3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not, just reading the game from the soccerway websits. WOB is all ready down 0-2

4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    so she goes on to play a full 90 minutes in a game that proved very competitive(1-1 score) with weaker team mates(which means she'll probably have to work more) vs a weaker squad that might just foul more to stay in the game?

I mean, the norm usually a player comes back from rehabilitation by subbing in late in a game or two

but except for Rolfo, who did play a brilliant game out there? That's what I don't get about German coaching; BM humiliates Potsdam by blitzing them for the first several minutes, creating several turnovers & lightning quick attacks, thereby demolizing the TP players for the rest of the game.

but in this game, the BM coach seems like he gave his players tranquilizers as the build ups were so slow in coming vs a Czech team that didn't bunker & didn't look all that dangerous except for the one lucky long shot they scored on. And then of course, keeping the two best players from the Potsdam game(Rolfo & Skorvanka) on the bench till the 2nd half.

this is the type of game that makes the Bundesliga look weak in comparison. The Czechs were barely able to put two passes together, but then maybe the kind of wild shot they scored with is why BM wanted to keep so much possession?

5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's highlights from WOB/Lyon

I don't understand why Neto is a starter? This is the 2nd time in a row her screw up led to a goal(see Freiburg highlights). At least they got back one for an very important, away goal. So they could still take the series with a 1-0 home win(good luck with that as long with Blasse & Peter are the FB's, lol)/ Here were the starting lineups
    Olympique Lyonnais vs. Wolfsburg - 20 March 2019 - Women Soccerway

notice; Doorsoun not even rostered, but out for how long? & Simon was on the roster but didn't play for Lyon

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #306 Batfink, Mar 21, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    Weak compared to what exactly...? Every week you continue to repeat the same rhetoric about Bayern being some kind of super team lol, combining it with the flawed logic that Wolfsburg not being UCL champions reason enough to dismiss the quality of the league as a whole.

But I feel your constantly missing the truth here, which is that we aren't going to see anything like the full potential of Bayern until they've finally replaced their current coach. With the moderate (compared to Lyon) budget of Wolfsburg showing just how little domestic competition overall should have effected Bayern's history of underachievement within the UCL competition.

So why push these false narratives all the time, when it doesn't take much investigating to realize Bayern have never really been a UCL contender with it's current coach; with the chances they ever succeed within any competition, coming down to various factors that have very little connection to the true quality of domestic competition.

Do you not remember this same Bayern team losing 6-0 to Wolfsburg earlier in the season? Or struggling to break down other inferior UCL opposition most would expect Essen, or Freiburg, to beat on a typical Bundesliga match day..?

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL, their coach seems to have learnt absolutely nothing from the last time these two clubs faced each other...:rolleyes:

And I'm guessing injuries for both Simon and Doorsoun too. As Simon was supposedly carrying some form of minor injury during the friendly vs France, while Doorsoun after being a regular starter has randomly been missing quite a few matches for Wolfsburg recent too, so...:unsure:
    I don't understand this either... but if Goeßling is being asked to play CB because Doorsoun is missing, maybe Wolfsburg has no other option but to start Neto in the CM role.

Yes... Popp could have started in the CM role, but no Dickenmann, and not trusting Jakabfi, or Baunach, clearly means Neto gets the starts.

Probably a bad decision knowing the quality of Jakabfi, and Baunach... but I guess this is how their coach will see things for most of the season, seeing how little Jakabfi, or Baunach, have played in the absence of others.

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bayern will still go through to the next round, but will honestly offer very little threat to the rest of the competition as long as their coach continues to ignore, or exclude, his squads best attacking combinations.

And I wouldn't be shocked to see Wolfsburg surprise Lyon and win the second encounter. But seeing them win the overall tie by beating Lyon without conceding goals....:unsure:

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    don't really know---but sometimes it just feels like German teams have been quietly been told to take it easy on foreign opponents like Slavia as not to blow them out. I mean BM had as well, two unimpressive wins against the over'the'hill gang of FC Zurich, and yet destroys better teams like Potsdam ^ even B Leverkusen?

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Like I said.. blame the coach. He's never been able to progress his teams to the next level of being relevant on both domestic and European stages.

I mean, they should have also destroyed Frankfurt in their recent cup win, but looked ordinary for most of the match too; showing you more evidence of what I've said it all season, which is that they're building towards something better, but it's not going to be witnessed under this current coach.

So... in the home tie, I see Bayern scoring 4 or 5 against Slavia Prague. Meaning they'll get another round to underwhelm everybody some more lol.

11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's the full replay of WOB/Ltyon

from what I read Lyon has a bye in league play today)so they'l be well rested to practice their deadly art of passing the ball to each other all game for next meeting.

in the meantime WOB has last place B Mochengladbach today, so maybe they'll be their B squad in there instead(yay, Wedermeyer might get to play!)

12. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Wow, Gunnarsdottir and Neto got completely screwed over in the first half as expected o_O Raised the bar in the 2nd but I can't help but think that Neto should be dropped so Gössling can play in that midfield and Doorsoun in the backline

Popp had a great game

13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have no real comprehension why Minde isn't starting ahead of Peter at LB, or why Goeßling's wasting everybody's time as a CB..?

Players like Jakabfi and Baunach are really strong players who never find match time with this team too, so I don't know whats happening with Wolfsburg's player rotation, but it seems to have straight up forgotten how much better they were with Goeßling in CM...:confused:
    It's a shame she's never healthy for the national team come the major tournaments.

The way Popp always displays full commitment for her club, still has me believing she should have at least one WC or Euro to truly shine as her national teams main striker.

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The Bayern team vs Frankfurt had a lot of significant changes, but the only reason you wanted to see match this was to find faults in Maier's return to the starting 11 lol.

Anyway... I also wonder how long it's going to take their coach to recognize how useless Beerensteyn is when she's not allowed to run, and finally start playing her down the middle as a FW...?

Plus he needs to either use Demann as CB, or drop her to the bench so Leupolz regains her role as the teams main DM again. And start using Däbritz - Beerensteyn - Rolfö as the regular front three.

I don't know why he's resorted to breaking up what worked, when Leupolz was doing perfectly fine as the teams main DM, with the obvious way to fix the attack seeing Beerensteyn's speed replace the missed pace of the injured Rolser...:confused:

16. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    No, it's probably because of Peter's standing in the hierarchy of the team. I agree that Minde's a better player - I mean, that's why they signed her right?

To be fair, Jakabfi and Baunach and Wedemeyer (who is rumoured to leave) should just leave as they're being unfairly treated by their coach, Lerch lol

Well we cross our fingers that she'll be healthy for this summer!

17. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Maier looks like a typical RB, but lacks match time - It was an okay game from her and not really any big problems although I would like to see her get more involved in their attack. She probably won't start against Prague in the CL game as she lacks match time

I actually think Demann's a phenomenal player - she's not particularly fast but she's strong and has an amazing view of the game - great passer and finds the spaces to start the attacks. Now Leupolz will play lol, it's just that Wörle is resting her for the big games. And Leupolz has been great for Bayern this season

I mean, Wörle's using Laudehr/Wenninger as CB pairing so I'm afraid Demann will stay as one option to partner Leupolz in the midfield - it's between Tini or Sydney Lohmann I guess

But after all these games, Wörle still doesn't know his best 11 lol

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Peter did perfectly fine vs Lyon, which is a major improvement over the last few matches between these two clubs has faced each other, seeing the Wolfsburg FB's inability to pass constantly being exposed in one sided defeats.

But should Wolfsburg get through to the next round, they could really use some extra on the ball quality somebody like Minde would provide.

And the same could be said about somebody like Jakabfi too, who was left on the bench for the full 90 mins versus Lyon, stupidly allowing McLeod to take the field as a wide AM for the final 10 mins instead lol.

Harder had an awful match, and Pajor wasn't having the best time with Lyon's CB's either. But with Wolfsburg having the advantage out wide, I was sure Jakabfi would have come into the match as a wide AM... but no..

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I thought Bayern were using a 3 CB system though, which is why I don't understand the need to force another defensive presence like Demann into the team, when you can see Leupolz's steady growth within the same DM role this season.

I also believe Demann a very good player, but this need to be constantly changing his team hasn't helped the players, and as everybody witnessed in the UCL hasn't done anything positive towards helping the positive attacking nature of the team either.

So why not just use Demann as a Libero, and then make it clear what you want from Leupolz when she doesn't need to sit so deep anymore.

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I get the feeling the club are building something that doesn't really include the vision of the current coach being around lol.

But he really shouldn't be struggling with the obvious front 3 of Däbritz -Beerensteyn - Rolfö.

21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    you seem to feel that WOB still has a chance, whereas I think something drastic would have to happen as despite all those superstars, Lyon plays rather unadventures & will sit on the ball, waiting all day for WOB's defense to open up.

WOB seemed always one player short when they were attacking. Harder played a little too far back. Got the feeling it was more for her to try & disrupt the flow between the continues triangle passing of Maro, Henry & Kumagai, but it left her incapacitated to become an offensive thread(which still strongest at. She's really better served playing up higher, besides Pajor

the best way seems to me is to let Lyon just sit on there 0-0 tie until way late into the game, and them hit them with a hardcore press. But that seems easier to do in theory than in an actual game!

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Why not... nothing about the first match suggests Wolfsburg a significantly inferior team.

It's just like I've said previously, it mainly depends on Wolfsburg's ability not to concede more than 1 goal, and Wolfsburg's display in the first match says they definitely have more to offer if their coach can create the scenario for his team to perform.

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's called tactics lol. This being a factor you rarely want to acknowledge, but consistently plays a major role in the success or failure of most teams in this sport.

And yes, this tactical element of the match, meant that Harder had a poor attacking influence vs Lyon; but I feel like you need to acknowledge why this happened, with her having to drop deeper to soften the difficulty in Wolfsburg's 4-4-2 adjusting to Lyon's mid-field diamond of Kumagai - Fishlock - Henry - Marozsan.

So I personally feel like Wolfsburg could have benefited moving Popp centrally sooner, or even using her up front to allow a struggling Pajor more room out wide. But as a quality #10, it was 100% Harder's responsibility to help SBG and Neto during this match.

24. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #324 hotjam2, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  25. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid