Bundesliga 2018-19, Bayern Munich or bust!

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Aug 20, 2018.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    watching the Essen/Potsdam game, can't understand how long it takes for the Potsdam coach to figure how atrociously terrible Kiwic is, she simply can't RUN! After falling behind 2 goals, finally she's taken out for the start of the of the 2nd half as TP tries to make a comeback but results in a 0-0 draw.
    Got to worry for JoJo, she seems again having to move up as an DM, but still has to run back for CB duties, but doesn't really look efficient in doing so(misses badly on a couple of would be tackles)
    also wondering what going on with MVT/NT duties? As both Heggering & Oberdorf weren't even rostered for this game/same could be said for Magull & Maier, who haven't played for BM for the last couple of games but still on the NT roster.

Essen still missing Linda Dallmann/Potsdam looking hoplessly unbalanced. The current hot team seems to be Freiburg, who have had two 6-0 games vs Duiseburg(one was a makeup game)

meantime Freiburg seems to be the hottest team around with another 6-1 victory over Duiseburg. Buhl(#21) once again looking good

Highlights: MSV Duisburg vs. SC Freiburg

2. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    MEanwhile Gwinn’s joining Bayern and Huth Wolfsburg - Wolfsburg also probably signing Rauch

Wedemeyer’s probably leaving Wolfsburg

3. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    From what I saw from the game, Elsig had a great game... I didn't watch the whole game though

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think it's stranger seeing Potsdam not using any of their youth talent anymore... this strong youth team factor something that used to make them a far more relevant team, in ways I feel a club like Freiburg seem to be doing a lot better right now.
    Gwinn moving to Bayern was always a pretty obvious inevitably, and she wont be the last player to move between these two clubs either.

Rauch has never learnt how to defend as a LB lol, but she still has enough potential to develop even further. Meaning I can understand her being wanted by Wolfsburg or Bayern.

But should Wedemeyer leave her current club, she can't make the mistake of heading to a team outside the top 6; a club needing CB's aka where she'll start, is her only hope of staying anywhere near the national team.

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I wouldn't be shocked to see Gerhardt leave Bayern and move to Freiburg either, as the arrival of Gwinn will instantly cut her chances of playing significant minutes as a wide AM, with her having little chance right now of starting as a full back.

And if Freiburg continue being smart with their recruitment, they ask if Gerhardt wants to change clubs, as they could use a strong LB, with Gerhardt's strengths being a perfect replacement for the loss of Simon.

6. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Gerhardt's joining Potsdam

7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    nice to see Buhl make the squad, but, I don't see her as a major factor until the next WC cycle. Still, it's nice that she can play winger on both sides, not everybody can do that

I'm surprised that either Laudher(whose had a strong, last game for BM) or Rall(who's speed could surely be used) weren't called up

sorry, post meant for the NT thread, lol

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    I thought she'd leave, but is this really a good move considering Potsdam already have starting FB's like Seims, Meister, Schmidt, and Gasper competing for a starting role...?

Lol, she just left one club where she couldn't find match time, and joins another club with even more competition for places in the two positions she can play.

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If you failed to notice, Rall's two matches with the senior team saw her perform rather poorly overall. Lacking the basic ability to control the football, or make simple forward passes, in games she was also exposed for having poor defensive positioning on more than one occasion too.

So while her club level teammate Lattwein passed her international test, I think it will be really difficult for Rall to get back into the senior squad again. Especially knowing options like Siem's, Gasper, Hechler, are all strong but younger FB options in this league.

10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So Rall had a bad game playing possibly for her very first time a FB, defending against possibly the best left winger in the world in Bonesera, yet Germany still managed a very impressive win, with Rall playing a full 90???(hence, Horst wasclukely satisfied with her performance, it just might be a different story with MVT)

11. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    So it looks like we'll see Kathy partner Leupolz in midfield :D

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    She's not the first in form league player to come into the senior team and be expected to perform within a role she's not playing at club level....:confused:. So why are you using this weak reasoning to continue overlooking her actual production in these particular matches..?

I'm not a fan of seeing Hendrich used as a FB for Bayern either, but I know her ability to perform within a few unnatural roles is significantly better than somebody like Rall; this having seen Hendrich stand out way more than Rall in CM/DM and AM roles for Frankfurt and junior wnt's.

Plus it needs to be said, that not every player who's good at club level can transition to the demands of international football. I mean look at somebody like Marozsan at club level, and then compare her club form to the international scene...

And what makes any defending of Rall's performance even more pointless than trying to understand the passive nature of a supremely more gifted Marozsan, is the league has a host of better or equally strong FB options than Rall.

13. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Dallmann’s joining Bayern too lol

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #264 Batfink, Mar 9, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    Everybody knows Schüller's on Bayern's list too, but I think after years of loyalty to Essen, it makes perfect sense right now for Dallmann to move to Bayern at this stage in her career.

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bayern already have the potential to select a strong starting 11 containing up to 9 German internationals next season....
    --------------------- Benkarth ----------------------
    Maier -- Hendrich ----- Demann -- Schweers
    ------------- Leupolz --- Lohmann --------------
    ----------------------- Magull ----------------------
    Däbritz --------- Beerensteyn ----------- Rolfö

So where does Dallmann even fit within this scenario...? With Bayern having Skorvankova, Roord, Magull, it's hard to see where Dallmann best contributes towards their starting 11...:unsure:.

16. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    with Dallmann switching to BM, your arguably got the best 3 playmakers in the league playing for the same team. So there's going to be a lot of out of positioning if their going to get playing time(as your chart shows with Dabritz moving to the left flank)

it would be great if the coach would start German players, but in the biggest game of the season, vs the strongest squad they'll meet all year(unless they run into Lyon in the CL), the coach decided to start only 5 Germans
    Bayern München vs. Wolfsburg - 17 February 2019 - Women Soccerway

btw...........I bet Laudehr still will start over Maier(when she's back from injury)

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Däbritz spends most of her time playing wide left within Bayern's team, while Magull CAM/CM when she's healthy. And this is why I feel Dallmann is coming into a new team to be competing with Skorvankova, Roord, Magull, for a starting role should all 3 of those players be at the same club next season.
    Their new coach has been very good with developing domestic talent at Freiburg, and I expect him to follow the same pattern at Bayern too.

And it's probably never a good example using one match to try and analyze a teams entire season lol. As the "only 5 Germans" observation a rather misleading claim without the extra information concerning injuries, and the tactical changes that helped Bayern's ability to defeat Wolfsburg in the two clubs final league encounter this season.

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    lol this again..:rolleyes:. Your growing irrational dislike for Maier is beginning to blind you to the truth of where she's actually playing for Bayern, and the competition she's consistently had to face in this very particular FB role at her club too.

I mean, in the absence of Maier or Schweers, why don't you acknowledge how it's been Lewandowski and Hendrich, as the 2 players rotating between RB and LB roles in Bayern's team this season..?

With the few games where this has changed, seeing Skorvankova playing as a right wing back within Bayern's 5-3-2. Also leaving ideas of a 33yo Laudehr replacing anybody at Bayern as a starter this, or next season, a highly dubious claim right now, knowing how little Laudehr's played this season, no...?

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    With the rise of Gasper, and the eventual return of the excellent Siems at Potsdam, I feel that Maeir's about to face some major competition for her RB role within national team.

But I also feel like people are going to be very disappointed if thy expect Maier to disappear into irrelevancy, just because she was one of the many victims of inconsistent performances with Jones as the wnt coach.

20. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    got to watch a couple of the quarter finals cup games. Hoffenheim smothered B Levrkusen. 7-1. A little slow start, but by the 30th minute they started burning rubber. but I do like that HOF is most athletic team in the league. Change that; probably the most athletic team with actual German players! lol(since BM got a lot of athletes, but their mostly foreign). Not going to debate if they belong on the NT. but Letwein, Rall, Wassmuth, Dongus & Fuhner were very fun to watch.

had to fast fwd the BM/Frankfurt game. FR played tough, but pushing their CB's up in hopes of equalizing, did them in as BM scored their third goal in the last few min. for the 3-1 win. FR obviously got some youth full talent, but they just can't match all 11 starters to BM's unlimited supply of quality players

Just noticed the Potsdam/Wolfsburg replay is up. Will watch & reply my thoughts later

21. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I’m reading that Potsdam got raped by Wolfsburg, sadly...

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bayern should have honestly crushed Frankfurt, but their coach continues to select the most confusing teams each week...:confused:

And when their missing Elsig (their only quality CB within a back 3) I don't find it hard to believe that Potsdam got completely destroyed by Wolfsburg either.

So it's FC Bayern München vs VfL Wolfsburg, and TSG 1899 Hoffenheim vs SC Freiburg as the two semi final encounters to be played Sunday, March 31st.

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    All that "athleticism" has seen their best result come beating Frankfurt away from home 1-4 on match day 2, and then they still managed to lose the return match versus Frankfurt 0-1 lol...:rolleyes:

Anyway, out of all their current squad I feel like it's Lattwein who's become the most obvious candidate to make herself an established senior international; this on the back of her having a season very reminiscent of Demann's prior to her leaving for Bayern.

Which should also shine even more doubt on the legitimacy of junior wnt player analysis process too. As Lattwein becomes the latest questionable absentee from an underwhelming Meinert U-20 WC team, to later impress within league play as one of the nations top youth talents.

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Rall being selected for the national team was really good to see, as it showed other unheralded players around the league how their club form can attract the attention of national coaches.

However... having actually seen her on the international stage, and having watched her performances versus the leagues better teams, it's hard to see a way Rall stays within the national pool without serious improvements in technical areas of her game.

I mean as direct competition, I currently see Däbritz, Schweers, Schüller, Dallmann, all superior options for the left side AM role, with Rall having ZERO chance on the right; not while Huth and Gwinn are already locked in to being direct competition for the foreseeable future.

So of course I know it sounds unfair of me to be so harsh on Rall, when she's probably having a better season than a previous league standout like Magull. But just compare Rall's league form to Däbritz, Schüller, Dallmann, Huth, Gwinn, and it's honestly not even a reasonable debate anymore.

This also ignoring the two mediocre/poor performances Rall had with the senior wnt.

25. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    in this game, Rall came down the left with flirting speed, was a tirelessly presser, causing several turnovers with spot on tackles. She doesn't have a daft touch to score goals often, but got 2 of them in this game. The girl coming down the right, Wassmuth, keeps impressing as well.
    But it's hard to put it in prospective, B Leverkusen is a weak, slowish team, yet their in 9th place. Yet cause HOFF isn't balanced enough, their not going to compete against an international superstar teams like BM or WOB/ At least they haven't been blown away by anybody)their worst loss so far this season, 1-3 to WOB), but that could be cause their coach played too defensively against stronger squads. Look for the them to go way up in the league standings by next season when the other mid tier teams loose key players like Huth, Gwinn, Dallmann, probably Groenen, ect. That's though if they don't get picked off themselves by pro clubs, lol)they lost one of the Dongus twins to an Italian club)

I personally would pick Rall for the 23 NT squad. She would be perfect be perfect to put in an elimination/playoff game when you got that 4th sub during o.t., so she can use her strong pressing game & speed to get the turnovers(as what happened when Lyon subbed van de Sandern late in the CL final, on the tiring WOB defense),

Lattwein might be the better player, but there all ready too many good/top players vying for the job at AM. So that means you would have to use her out of position, if you even going to use her at all