Bulgaria

Discussion in 'Central & Eastern Europe' started by BG86, Jun 10, 2008.

1. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    The match has already been removed from fifa.com results , so FIFA seem to have decided that the match will not count as a "A" match and will give no FIFA ranking points.

2. Kebbie Gazauzkas

FC Krasnodar
    Bulgaria
    Mar 29, 2007
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Thanks for the info! There really must have been something fishy going on (though I haven't come across any updates regarding the match fixing allegations). I am assuming that player caps will count towards the official records, but the actual match result has been declared void.

3. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big game coming up 9/3 vs England in Sofia. I might be in the house!

4. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Friendlies on FIFA match dates in November ?

5. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Hi, I might be in Bulgaria in March or April... trying to find the schedule for A PFG so that I can maybe plan to hit up a match or two but I'm struggling to find anything online. Even the official league website only has the games that have already been played, but no list of fixtures for the rest of the season. Anyone know where I can find the full season's schedule?

Also, anyone know if Bulgaria is planning on hosting any friendlies at that time? I doubt it since they didn't qualify to the Euros, but just wondering.

Thanks.

6. BalkansFella

BalkansFella New Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Stoichkov to Reunite with Hagi in Bulgaria's Litex

[​IMG]
    Former Barcelona striker Hristo Stoichkov, who was recently appointed as head coach of Bulgarian champions Litex Lovech, may hire his former teammate, Romanian legend Gheorghe Hagi as member of his coaching staff.

Hagi has been planning to reunite with his close friend Stoichkov for a while now and the Bulgarian's new job will finally present him with the opportunity. The former Romanian international has even refused to take over a second-league Romanian team in order to be able to work with his ex-Barcelona teammate, the report has stated.

Nicknamed "The Maradona of the Carpathians", the attacking midfielder played for the Romanian national team in three World Cups in 1990, 1994 and 1998, as well as in three European Football Championships in 1984, 1996 and 2000.

While both Stoichkov and Hagi are considered to be among the most influential Balkan players in recent history, they have both had rather unsuccessful coaching careers, since hanging up their boots.

Meanwhile Litex Lovech have started strengthening their by adding young Albanian attacking midfielder Armando Vajushi. The player left Vllaznia for a fee reportedly around €100K, to sign a three year deal with the Bulgarian giants, worth €300K in total.

7. BalkansFella

BalkansFella New Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Berbatov Named Man United's Best Player for December

[​IMG]
    Bulgarian forward Dimitar Berbatov has received the "Player of the Month" award for December in the regular poll among Manchester United's supporters.

"The Bulgarian played just 193 minutes of football in December, yet netted six times (a ratio of a goal every 32 minutes)," Manchester United's official website has pointed out.

"Three of those came against Wigan Athletic on Boxing Day, two hauled United back into contention against Blackburn Rovers and one was a cheeky backheeled finish at Fulham to notch his 50th strike for the club," it has added.

Antonio Valencia ranked second, while Michael Carrick remained third in the Manchester United poll for December 2011.

Earlier this week, United manager Sir Alex Ferguson officially confirmed that the Bulgarian forward's contract will be extended by 12 months in March 2012.

8. BalkansFella

BalkansFella New Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Bayern Munich interested in Dimitar Berbatov

[​IMG]
    German giants Bayern Munich are interested in Manchester United's Bulgarian forwards Dimitar Berbatov, according to media reports from Germany.

Besides Berbatov, Bayern is also considering Werder Bremen's Claudio Pizarro as a possible option up front, according to Sport-Bild.

The Bulgarian striker has less than six months left on his current contract with the Red Devils, even though manager Sir Alex Ferguson already announced that the club will propose him to renew his deal in March. But he has yet to extend so Bayern Munich are looking at the possibility of getting the forward without having to spend much.

Dimitar Berbatov was recently voted for "Player of the Month" for December in the regular poll among Manchester United's supporters. Despite playing just 193 minutes during the month, he succeeded in netting the impressive six goals.

It was in Germany where Dimitar Berbatov's successful career started, as Bayer Leverkusen bought him in 2001 from Bulgaria's CSKA Sofia. He scored 69 goals in 165 matches for Bayer Leverkusen before transferring to England, first with Tottenham Hotspur and then at Manchester United.

9. BalkansFella

BalkansFella New Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Berbatov in Germany. Set for Bayer Return?

[​IMG]
    Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov has been reportedly spotted on a plane to Germany, intensifying rumors that he may be heading back to the Bundesliga where he took the first major steps of his career.

The Daily Mail has reported that Berbatov was seen flying to Germany with his agent on Sunday night.

The unsettled striker is permitted to talk with other clubs, since less than six months remain on his current contract and the Red Devils are yet to offer him an extension deal. Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has already announced that the club will propose Berbatov to renew his deal in March, but is seems that the Bulgarian is checking out other options as well.

Bayer Leverkusen has been mentioned on several occasions as a potential option for the 30-year-old forward. However, German giants Bayern Munich have been also reported to eye the prolific Bulgarian.

It was in Germany where Dimitar Berbatov's rise to prominence started, as Bayer Lervekusen bought him back in 2001 from Bulgaria's CSKA Sofia.

10. BalkansFella

BalkansFella New Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Mega-rich Anzhi enter the race for Berbatov

[​IMG]
    The Manchester United striker is out of contract at the end of the season - although Sir Alex Ferguson says plans are in place to trigger an automatic one-year extension to his current deal.

That hasn't stopped speculation regarding the Bulgarian's future, however. Having finished last season as the club's top scorer, Berbatov's future was called into question when he was left out of United's Champions League squad completely.

Having been marginalized this term, rumors of a potential January exit have surfaced with possible German destinations at Bayern Munich and Bayer Leverkusen.

The German clubs will not be able to compete with mega-rich Anzhi, however, should the Russians develop their interest into a formal bid.

It is understood the club are eager to sign a striker to pair with Samuel Eto'o and Berbatov is seen as the man for the job.

Money is no object for Anzhi and with Berbatov, 30, looking for possibly the last big contract of his career, the United striker could be tempted by a lucrative move to Russia.

11. BalkansFella

BalkansFella New Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Bojinov back at Fiorentina?

[​IMG]
    Sporting Lisbon's striker Valeri Bojinov may return to Italian side Fiorentina, Italian media have reported.

Fiorentina's director of football Pantaleo Corvino is an admirer of the Bulgarian and is eager to snap him up once again.. Bojinov has previously played for Fiorentina when he joined them in 2005 from Serie A team Lecce.

The Sporting Lisbon forward stirred a scandal last week by pushing a teammate aside to take a vital injury-time penalty, which he subsequently missed. He was then expelled by the manager from Sporting's first team.

Bojinov is well acquainted with Italian football, having played for Juventus and Parma besides Fiorentina and Lecce.

Two Bulgarian clubs – Levski Sofia and champions Litex Lovech – have declared interests in signing the striker. However, a move back to Italy has been deemed more possible by the majority of media sources.

12. WebVr

WebVr New Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Club:
    FC Groningen
    Bulgarian football is on decline since 2004. Unfortunately players are not well trained in the youth system and that leaves a huge stamp on further development. Many players just do not understand the game in Bulgaria.

13. Lemieux

Lemieux Member

Aug 19, 2000
    Baltimore Federal Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. William Penn

William Penn Member+

Jul 2, 2010
    Bethlehem
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. WebVr

WebVr New Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Club:
    FC Groningen
  16. Bulgarian_Football_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Litex, when they got promoted to A Group back in the 1997/98 season won it in the same season too.
    It's just the two giants CSKA and Levski from Sofia are both in crysis, the whole Bulgarian football is in crysis/decline, we got beaten by everyone who meets us in Europe, it's pathetic...Also, at the moment no Bulgarian TV is broadcasting the championship :D

17. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Friendly on FIFA match date 6. February ?

18. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Няма ли българи тук ?

Днес гледах квалификационния мач от Шампионската лига на Лудогорец срещу Партизан и бях доста изненадан. Спечелихме с 2-1 и имахме още 2 невероятни шанса. След срама който Левски ни донесе в Европа преди 1-2 седмици, това е огромна и много приятна изненада. Много добро представяне беше. Аз никога не съм гледал Лудогорец как играят честно казано.Естествено остава втория мач в Сърбия и всичко може да се случи но се вижда, че нашите по нищо не изостават на Партизан. Партизан имат повече опит в Европа но не са по-талантливи. Дано се класираме !!!

19. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you Bulgarian? I'm learning to read the language but don't understand it. Lovely country, was just there a bit ago and went to a Levski match. If you are Bulgarian I'd love to talk to you.

Поздрав! (I think)

20. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Yes I am Bulgarian. What country are you from ? American ?

21. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but my fiancee is Bulgarian, just spent a month in Sofia and in a village an hour from Vratsa up near the Romanian border. Will be getting married in Sofia and later will live there for a few years at least.

22. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    I am Bulgarian but I live in Canada and haven't gone back for a few years.

I am coming from the same part of Bulgaria as your fiancee lol

It's always nice to hear that a foreigner likes our country. Best wishes on your wedding day !

23. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sofia is great, lived there for two years. Bulgarians are great people, unfortunately ruled by a minority of horrible mutri (mobsters) who give the country a bad name. It's a country full of human potential and beautiful nature. Unfortunately, recently it seems the enthusiasm I found back in 2003/04 (when BG was entering the EU) is dying a bit... It needs a revolution. The great Hristo Botev was never more relevant:http://www.slovo.bg/old/f/en/botev/tavern.htm

It may sound like an obvious tip, but learning the language did wonders for my social life. Everyone speaks English, but once I learned the language, my social life expanded massively. Moreover, everyone is so surprised at a foreigner speaking Bulgarian that everyone treats you extremely nicely.

24. egorig

egorig New Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC