Bulgaria

Discussion in 'Central & Eastern Europe' started by BG86, Jun 10, 2008.

1. BG86

BG86 Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just wanted to start this thread for all those supporters of Bulgarian Football. Not playing in the Euros really hurts right now. How do you think we will respond for World Cup Qualifying for 2010???

Da Pobedim!!!!!!!!

2. BG86

BG86 Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on, There has got to be some supporters of the Bulgarian National team out there?!?!?!?

3. Chosen One

Chosen One New Member

Aug 23, 2007
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    България има природни богатства,
    България има народ несломим,
    България има от всичко по малко,
    но само един - Левски футболен тим!

4. Kebbie Gazauzkas

FC Krasnodar
    Bulgaria
    Mar 29, 2007
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Greetings to all!
    I think that we have a pretty good chance to clinch the second spot and win the playoff, we tend to do much better at World Cups than at Euros, so I hope that we won't miss the historic first tournament to be held in Africa.

Поздрав за всички българи!

5. BG86

BG86 Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, We better qualify for the World Cup. Now that Berbatov is happy at Manchester United, hopefully he can carry us there. Само България!!!

6. Kebbie Gazauzkas

FC Krasnodar
    Bulgaria
    Mar 29, 2007
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    2:2 against Montenegro, but the Irish also tied their game in Podgorica, so I don't think it's a bad start for us!
    Looking forward to the next game vs. the world champions.

Само напред, българи, време е най-накрая да се класираме за голямо първенство и да преживеем някои от моментите от 1994 година!

7. BG86

BG86 Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got a Manchecter United Berbatov Jersey today. I really hope the "tricolorite" can pull it off in Ireland!

8. Kebbie Gazauzkas

FC Krasnodar
    Bulgaria
    Mar 29, 2007
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    The team for the friendly against Switzerland (11.02.2009)

Избраниците на Станимир Стоилов за контролата с Швейцария:

Вратари: Dimitar Ivankov (Bursaspor), Georgi Petkov (Levski Sofia).

Защитници: Ilian Stoyanov (Sanfrecce Hiroshima), Kiril Kotev, Yordan Todorov (CSKA Sofia), Ivaylo Petkov, Stanislav Manolev (Litex Lovech), Elin Topuzakov (Hapoel Tel Aviv FC), Zhivko Milanov (Levski Sofia).

Халфове: Stanislav Angelov (Energie Cottbus), Velizar Dimitrov (FC Metalurh Donetsk), Chavdar Yankov (FC Hannover 96), Stiliyan Petrov (Aston Filla), Ivelin Popov (Litex Lovech), Blagoy Georgiev (Terek Grozny), Dimitar Telkiyski (Hapoel Tel Aviv FC).

Нападатели: Dimitar Berbatov/captain (Manchester United), Valeri Domovchiyski (Hertha Berlin), Dimitar Rangelov (Energie Cottbus).

Surprised to see that Ivan Ivanov and Martin Kushev are not in the squad, but good to see that Domovchiyski has been recalled after impressing at Hertha.

9. BG86

BG86 Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didnt get to see any of the game against Switzerland but it sounded like we played alot better. I was also glad to see that Domovchiyski was on the roster. I really hope we can beat Ireland.
    Само България!!!

10. Kebbie Gazauzkas

FC Krasnodar
    Bulgaria
    Mar 29, 2007
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Unfortunately, Domo didn't make an appearance, wonder why Stoilov didn't give him 15-20 minutes. Feel for him, as he has never started for Hertha either.

Yes, I think that we can beat the Irish, our team seemed quite cohesive against Switzerland and we have enough quality players!

Успех на нашите след малко повече от месец!

11. BG86

BG86 Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kebbie, I see that you are in in Toronto. Are you a Toronto FC fan?

12. Kebbie Gazauzkas

FC Krasnodar
    Bulgaria
    Mar 29, 2007
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    To be honest, I have hardly followed the football developments in Toronto. Toronto FC seems to have been established relatively recently; actually it took me quite a while before I found out that Toronto has a professional football club.
    I have never supported a club team in the true sense (though I want the ones with Bulgarian players to do well); would be happy if Toronto FC becomes successful, but I don't think that I could call myself a fan in a conventional sense.
    Are you knowledgeable about the players/tactics of the team yourself?

13. BG86

BG86 Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am getting anxious for the game next weekend against Ireland. A win gives us a great shot at the World Cup! haide mom4eta, da pobedim!!!!

14. vivo

vivo New Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Sofia
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I want to ask why are we situated nowhere? I mean there are sections for Romania, Turkey, Serbia, Greece and all the Balkan countries. What about us!?

15. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I am looking for information about Gennadi Lugo. He was with Spartak Varna Last year. Does ony body knows where he playe now?

16. BG86

BG86 Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have wondered the same thing. Maybe because there arent many postings regarding the Bulgarian National Team or the "A Grupa". But with section purely for Bulgarian Football I am sure it would get more post than this thread we have now.

17. Kebbie Gazauzkas

FC Krasnodar
    Bulgaria
    Mar 29, 2007
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
  18. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    FT Belgium 2-1 Bulgaria

19. Kebbie Gazauzkas

FC Krasnodar
    Bulgaria
    Mar 29, 2007
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    We managed to draw with South Africa (1:1), Bozhinov scored for Bulgaria. Not a bad result given that we were without Berbatov and Martin Petrov, but our offensive display was a but toothless. I enjoyed the atmosphere at the stadium, the locals certainly love their football (the vuvuzelas could be a bit unnerving, but I don't mind them that much). As some say, thecharm of the vuvuzela is frequently lost to the TV audience.

Bulgaria: 13. Nikolay Mihaylov, 14. Stanislav Manolev, 15. Ivan Ivanov, 6. Stanislav Angelov, 5. Veselin Minev, 12. Georgi Peev (88' 2. Pavel Vidanov), 19. Stilian Petrov (captain), 8. Chavdar Yankov (60' 18. Nikolay Dimitrov), 7. Blagoy Georgiev (90' 4. Plamen Nikolov), 23. Ivelin Popov (55' 9. Martin Kamburov), 10. Valeri Bozhinov (55' 20. Dimitar Rangelov).

Unused substitute: 1. Ivan Karadzhov

Booked: 5. Veselin Minev 38' (dangerous play)

Sent off: N/A

20. vivo

vivo New Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Sofia
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Unfortunately things aren't going very well. After the draw with South Africa we continued with the poor games. We lost 1-0 from Russia and started catastrofically the Qualfication campaign for Euro 2012. At first there was the 4-0 defeat from England at Wembley and then the schoking 0-1 defeat in Sofia from Montenegro. After that match the manager Stanimir Stoilov resigned from the position. A couple of weeks later the BFU (Bulgarian Football Union) appointed Lothar Matthaus for the coach. We finally manage to win a match in 2010 - 0-1 away win against Wales with a goal scored by Ivelin Popov. 4 days later we managed to win another match - friendly vs. Saudi Arabia finished 2-0 (goals: Dimitar Rangelov and Valeri Domovchiyski). A month ago we played our last game in 2010 - friendly match against Serbia in Sofia lost 0-1 (goalscorer: Nikola Zigic).

Now we are 4th in our qualification group with 3 points from 3 games. There will be probably a freindly game in February before the next qualification match against Switzerland in Sofia.

21. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Who are you playing in February ?

22. Kebbie Gazauzkas

FC Krasnodar
    Bulgaria
    Mar 29, 2007
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Hasn't been determined as of yet (there is the possibility that we decide against actually playing a match), but probably a European opponent (most likely a team outside the top 30). Stilian Petrov is about to get his 100th cap for the side, so it's likely that the game will be held in Sofia, Bulgaria.

23. vivo

vivo New Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Sofia
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    On the 9th February 2011 we will be playing a friendly match against Estonia. :confused: The game will be played in Antalya, Turkey.

24. Kebbie Gazauzkas

FC Krasnodar
    Bulgaria
    Mar 29, 2007
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Bulgaria - Estonia 2:2 (Ivelin Popov with a brace for Bulgaria, all four goals were scored from the penalty spot). Wasn't able to watch the match, but not the best result.

There are suspicions (read a number of articles in the Bulgarian media, with the Estonian ones also voicing similar concerns) that the Hungarian referee was paid (possibly by bookmakers) to ensure that the game is a draw (apparently the four awarded penalties were rather dubious). FIFA may launch some investigations.