Bugs And Suggestions Thread, Part 1

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Huss, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YilmazOrhan

YilmazOrhan Well Brian, I hit it first time...

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will there be an option for different forum skins? This gray sea of gray grayness is depressing......

2. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
  3. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there a way to see if other members are online in a forum so I know if I'm in a room talking to myself?

4. Dr. Gamera

Dr. Gamera Member+

Oct 13, 2005
    Wheaton, Maryland
    That's what those little blue bullet points on the Watched Threads page are: unlabeled (except on mouseover) first-unread links.

While we're talking about it, a usability complaint: those little blue bullet points are great if you're using a mouse, but horrible for touch interfaces. There should at least be an option to make them about ten times as large.

5. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I have tried to rep different people and posts, and this message comes up...

"The following error occured: The server did not respond in time. Please try again."

It's been like that for me for about 30 minutes now.

Huss and Kryptonite repped this.
  7. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Weird. You should see your post repped by me.

8. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Agree on both YouTube videos in the signature and the avatars.

Does anyone know how to scroll when you are posting a reply on an iPad? Makes it almost impossible to multi quote without using a pc.

10. FCBayernDM

FCBayernDM Member

May 13, 2007
    Upstate New York
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What happened to my Rep? I had 103 Rep points, now I only have 35 :/ (Is this affected by the threads still being imported?)

Lusankya repped this.
  11. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Thanks for all the hard work! I takes some getting used to, but I'll give it a chance.

Something I haven't been able to find: I used to be able to download and then delete PMs. Since PMs seem to have been replaced by "Conversations" - how do I remove those from the system?

12. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    Dan V

Thanks for fixing the locked threads. Any chance you can include the joining date under the name?

13. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's kinda weird that the little picture next to each thread is the thread-starter's avatar. Is it going to stay that way?

(serif font used for Dr. Wankler's reading pleasure)

14. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Everything is affected by the ongoing import. Just take a deep breath and relax and I will post when the import is done, all the counters are updated, etc.

15. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    On the forum page listing of threads, go down to the bottom of the page and select Thread Display Options.

16. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    That's for forums only. That shows the newest threads first. We want to be able to have the newest post up top in each thread.

17. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do I navigate between forums faster? Besides going to "Forum" then scrolling down to say... "USA Men"? Is there something I need to be doing or is that function not up yet? Basically I want something similar to the subscribe to thread feature that was in the old format.

18. MagpieFan

MagpieFan Member+

Apr 25, 2004
    Back in DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The little button by threads that takes you to the first unread post is slightly too small for my fingers to effectively tap on the iPad without hitting something else.

This situation makes me feel somewhat like Homer Simpson despite working 30 lbs of flab off last year. Which makes me sad.

I would appreciate slightly larger buttons in order to restore my happiness.

19. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^This

20. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I have a really frivolous comment that I haven't seen mentioned. Apparently, the avatar limit is 10kb. Pretty limited! I tried a few possible graphics and could not get them small enough, and I ended up with this (for today anyway). But I notice that others have larger avatars because I was, yes, petty enough to download them and check the size.

21. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    It was 50 kb when I uploaded mine, and I had to reduce the quality of the jpg to get it under that. One thing I've noticed though, is that the form says to upload at least 200x200, but the site doesn't seem to display it any larger than 192x192 anywhere, so you can reduce the dimensions to save some of the filesize.

22. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have disabled ALL Alerts in the "Alerts Preference" page of my profile, but I am still getting alerts.

I have not been able to find the page on my profile to disable ALL email notifications. Not having to constantly delete BigSoccer email notifications of replys to forum posts, new posts creations, etc ... in my subscribed forums or threads would be greatly appreciated.

23. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Problems:
    1 - no access to mod forum.
    2 - multiquote does not work for me on multiple pages. When I switch a page, the quote goes away.
    2a - Also, it is annoying that when the quote button is clicked, it brings us down to the quote box. This is a problem when wanting to multiquote.
    3 - The alerts (which I like) do not go away when I go the thread alerted.
    4 - edit thread is set at "0" (zero) minutes (never mind - fixed. But what is the time length?)

Suggestions:
    1 - make the "open quick navigation" buttons bigger, as mentioned in another thread.
    2 - As said by Heart and Soul, make the time stamp be the top of the post.
    3 - Those soft grey mouse-over things (page numbers of thread, edit/delete/report at bottom of post, etc.) need to become easier to see.
    4 - left navigation.
    5 - removed images/youtube from signatures.

24. elvinjones

elvinjones Member

Jul 4, 2011
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Android fail. If I can't get text wrapping, using the phone to view the forum is all but useless, that would be very sad.

Being able to read the text at all is the most important necessity in a forum

25. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark