Buffalo/Rochester/Upstate NY

Discussion in 'Western New York Flash' started by kool-aide, Aug 16, 2010.

1. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heartily approve of the name, if only because it means that the Washington Freedom are no longer in last place alphabetically.

2. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was that way with the Battery's "Saturn" sponsor as well.

3. DazzRef

DazzRef Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Buffalo NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually discussed this in another thread - it seems that the Sahlen's Motorsports Teams have a direct relationship with Mazda, outside of any local auto dealer sponsorship. I recall that last years sponsors did not include a local auto dealer (which is where I thought this came from as well).

Something tells me it's a direct relationship. I also remember that Mazda was a sponsor of the W-League, so I wonder if they'll continue the sponsorship on both fronts.

Aaron

4. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, silly, silly me. :p I'm actually a Grand-Am Rolex Series fan, but instead of the swarm of Mazdas, and previously Porsches, I pay attention to my Camaros.

http://www.teamsahlen.com/ One of the many teams running the RX-8.

http://www.grand-am.com/multimedia/photos.cfm A photo gallery with many of the teams in the series. Funny, I've seen that car quite a bit, but it just wasn't registering.

But anyhow, I look forward to the kit release. They should look good with those colors.

5. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And All-High Stadium is an option, too. So they're still intending to play some in Buffalo, but don't know where. MAS in Rochester is all-go, though. Be interesting to see how this goes.

6. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil