Buffalo City FC Official Thread 2009

Discussion in 'NPSL' started by elgambitero, Nov 29, 2008.

1. elgambitero

elgambitero New Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Since the new season is upon us, and we are getting everything squared away, it's time for the Official Buffalo City FC thread for the new season.

I'll make sure to keep this updated with press releases, announcements, and any other details throughout the season. Feel free to comment and ask questions as well.

If anyone wants to speak about the club you can get a hold of me a few different ways too:

Mobile: 716 998 1711
    email: rknapp@buffalocityfc.com
    msn: ryaninspain@hotmail.com

Overview of the club:

Buffalo City FC was founded in 2008 in Buffalo, New York to bring the most elite soccer training to Western New York and beyond.

Our club has over 30 partnerships with professional clubs all around the world. (EPL, Coca-Cola Championship, League 1 and 2, La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1)BCFC is a direct link for players who wish to make football their life. This means that if you want to get a trial, you have to be willing to put in the work, end of story.

We will also be providing second-to-none youth training, headed by head coach Mike Share. Mike has played professionally for PSV Eindhoven, AS Monaco and other clubs in England and also Spain. Mike is touted as one of the best up and coming coaches in the world, having given sessions at some of the biggest clubs in Europe. BCFC will be working with local youth clubs to improve on their training methods to ensure the players are getting the best training possible, also at a price they can afford.

We will also be hosting European teams coming into Buffalo this summer, as well as organizing teams to play in top European youth and club competitions in the future.

Buffalo City FC will also be working with Carly's Club to raise money for Pediatric Cancer Research done at Roswell Park. We will be working hand in hand with Carly's Club to join in the fight against cancer in our community through weekly visits and a all-star soccer game tenatively scheduled in August to raise money and awareness for Carly's Club.

2. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Carley's Club an approved 501C3 non-profit? If so, I might be able to donate and my employer will match funds on a dollar for dollar basis.

3. totalfootball9

Feb 27, 2007
    Central PA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like Mike Share can't sit still, atleast from what I've read....Wow. Racking up the flier miles...

4. elgambitero

elgambitero New Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Yes, Carly's Club is a 501c3 independent organization, separate from the hospital itself.

5. AAAfot

AAAfot New Member

Nov 27, 2008
    I want to tryout but I ned to have some idea when the tryouts will be. i'll be in and out of the city of the rest of dec. and need to make sure ill be around. any general idea?

6. ksc7

ksc7 Member

Aug 17, 2008
    Club:
    Karlsruher SC
    what level is this going to be played at? like pdl or what? or comparable to this?

7. elgambitero

elgambitero New Member

Apr 10, 2008
    We are playing in the NPSL, on the same level of the PDL, but better run if you ask me for my honest opinion.

See, it doesn't matter what league you play in to get players to Europe. The partnerships we have are already done and signed. If players are good enough, we'll send you there tomorrow if you are ready.

8. elgambitero

elgambitero New Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Stay tuned to the website www.buffalocityfc.com, for more information. It will be in January.

9. elgambitero

elgambitero New Member

Apr 10, 2008
    The new Buffalo City FC website launched today. A few of the pages are still being updated by myself, but feel free to poke around and explore. News stories will be coming out as they happen (most likely every other day or so) and the site will constantly be updated with sponsors, merchandise as it becomes available, and other signings as they happen.

Today's news:

Buffalo City FC is proud to present two international signings to our front office:

Francois Glasman (Founder of Shooting Stars Soccer International in Canada and The Hangar in Toronto), as International Development Coach and Advisor.

http://www.buffalocityfc.com/news/08/december/francois.html

Craig Mander (Director at AFA Marbella) as European Scout Advisor and Coach.

http://www.buffalocityfc.com/news/08/december/Craigmanderannouncement.html

Also, AFA Marbella has become the Official European Academy of Buffalo City FC. Unlike other teams who are based in Europe and open academies in the US, we've taken on AFA Marbella as our own academy, providing our players with even more opportunity overseas, as well as welcoming our academy players from Spain and Europe to Buffalo this summer to play our first team and train with Buffalo City FC.

10. AAAfot

AAAfot New Member

Nov 27, 2008
    whats going on with BFC?? still no new on tryouts. How many returning players and scouted players will be back with the team? Will there really be room for walk ons.

11. elgambitero

elgambitero New Member

Apr 10, 2008
    News on tryouts will be up after January 1.

There are no returning players, Buffalo City is a new club. There will be room for walk-ons, but players should be ready to bring something to the club.

12. elgambitero

elgambitero New Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Buffalo City FC had it's first invite only trials on January 6th and 7th at Sahlens Sports Park.

28 local players came out and impressed Coach Share for the two days.

Read more about it here

Also, we are finalizing the date for the open trial, so it will be posted here shortly. Attempting to fit it in with school schedules so that everyone gets a chance.

If players are interested in trying out, contact Ryan Knapp at rknapp@buffalocityfc.com.

13. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was out at the team site and saw something interesting; all of your games will be free this season. I understand the whole economy view and everything. I guess you will have other revenue streams for support. And most teams at this level don't draw a lot, so it's not like your giving up a lot of potential money. But still a intersting model.

http://www.buffalocityfc.com/order_tickets.html

14. wellington

wellington Member

Jun 4, 1999
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yep. Its an interesting model. I noticed this in their sponsor section...

So they are banking on big crowds and hoping sponsors will pick up the tab.

15. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if the level of sponsorship is tied to attendance figures. If it is, I think that is a risk. Again, it looks like they going to depend on other revenue streams.

16. elgambitero

elgambitero New Member

Apr 10, 2008
    BCFC Buffalo City Football Club

MEDIA ADVISORY

FOR PLANNING PURPOSES: FOR MORE INFORMATION:

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 Scott Frauenhofer, 716-860-3115

NEWS CONFERENCE 3:00 P.M. TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7
    BUFFALO CITY FOOTBALL CLUB FORMAL INTRODUCTION

The National Premier Soccer League has returned to Western New York as Buffalo City Football Club. BCFC is beginning play in the summer of 2009. A member of the Northeast division, BCFC is the highest level of competitive men’s soccer in Buffalo. BCFC plays its home games at All High Stadium behind Bennett High School, and for the 2009 season will be offering free admission to all home games. BCFC would like you to join us for a formal introduction of the team and to learn more about the players, coaches, and the club’s distinctive initiatives at Bennett High School in Buffalo on Tuesday, February 10, 3 p.m.

• WHO

• Ryan Knapp, Football Operations Officer

• Mike Share, Head Coach/Technical Director

• WHAT

• News conference announcing Buffalo City Football Club, new entrant into the National Premier Soccer League

• WHEN

• 3 p.m. Tuesday, February 10, 2009

• WHERE

• Bennett High School Alumni Room

• 2885 Main Street, Buffalo
    The information in this news advisory is strictly for media planning purposes only and is embargoed until 3 p.m. Tuesday, February 10, 2009.

Buffalo City Football Club is Buffalo's premier soccer organization. Combining a commitment to entertaining sport on the pitch with a standard of excellence within the community, BCFC is the pinnacle of achievement in professionally run minor-league sport. For more information please contact Media Relations Director Scott Frauenhofer at sfrauenhofer@buffalocityfc.com or at (716) 860-3115.

###
    Buffalo City Football Club / 54 Willow Ridge Drive. Apt A3, Amherst, New York 14228
    Phone: 716-998-1711 / On the Internet: www.buffalocityfc.com

17. elgambitero

elgambitero New Member

Apr 10, 2008
    The press conference above is Tuesday February 10th, not the 3rd as said in the title.

18. ReadyToDoIt

ReadyToDoIt New Member

May 31, 2008
    Dublin
    whats the set up like in the NPSL and buffalo etc? are the players housed etc how much do they train?

19. xderekrx

xderekrx Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Buffalo, NY
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think its cool that Buffalo City FC is looking to be a more financially sound version of Queen City. But I have to point out

Queen City was a better name. Buffalo City sounds hokey. Why not just do Buffalo FC.

The Queen City logo and jerseys looked better! You need a cleaner looking sheild!

And its good to see (if youre the ryan knapp I think you are) an Ohara grad running things

I know it might sound like Im bashing Buffalo City but Im not. Its amazing the ambition of the team and I hope it works out even better. Maybe we can have a USL team someday in Buffalo

20. TheMizzu

TheMizzu Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Been keeping tabs on the development on Buffalo City FC over the past few months. Noticed a venue change, but what interests me the most is this:

http://buffalocityfc.com/VenueChangeForHomeGames.html

Would this be the first NPSL team to have their own stadium? Any info on the plan behind that?

21. ryanelguiri

ryanelguiri New Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Buffalo, NY
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buffalo City start their season this weekend @ FC Reading Revolution.

I'll be at all of the BCFC home games

a) doing my job for the NPSL
    b) Supporting my local team

So, feel free to come out and join me, and after for a pint at The Wellington!

22. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sunday May 24th 3:00pm v Pocono Snow 5-1 Win.

23. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-0 win on Friday night and 2-0 win on Saturday but the back to back games caused several injuries