Buddle arrested for OVI

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by futballpunk, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. futballpunk

futballpunk New Member

Aug 22, 2003
    Temperance, MI
    From the matchnight forums: posted by The Mike:

2. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    16th and Pearl. Nice.

3. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    What's an OVI?

4. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Operating a vehicle under the influence. Hey, maybe he'll be easier to recognize with some party plates.

5. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I thought that was called DUI?

I understand unnessasary horn gets you 15 to life

6. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    I think at the beginning of 2004 DUI was replaced by OVI. One of the major changes, if I recall correctly, was eliminating the "I'm drunk sitting in my car with the keys in the ignition but the car's not on" arrest. You have to actually cause you vehicle to move. The "sitting in the car..." situation is now a different violation that's less severe.

7. The Greatest

The Greatest New Member

Jan 19, 2005
    Ohio
    Great, more fuel for the "Buddle doesn't care/Buddle isn't professional" fire.

Wasn't "DUI," which is now called "OVI," called "DWI" not too long ago?

How serious are those charges?

8. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Hard to believe until there is a link.

9. Stupid_American

Stupid_American Member+

Jan 8, 2003
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a link that was removed by a mod about 15 min ago.

AFter reading the link, it seemed valid. I can only guess there aren't too many other 6' 2" guys named edson buddle in the greater columbus area, so I assume it was legit.

10. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Ugh. Bad decision on his part.

11. futballpunk

futballpunk New Member

Aug 22, 2003
    Temperance, MI
    Yes, there was a link, but after posting it, I thought better of it and removed it because it contained a lot of personal information.

12. crewzer1308

crewzer1308 New Member

May 11, 2004
    Ohio
    wat an idiot!

13. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    how does one go about finding such information?

14. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club

This is probably the one crime a person could commit that most people could empathize with. It happens. Only question I have, short of hitting something or going the wrong way, how do you get nicked for a DUI on Pearl?

15. futballpunk

futballpunk New Member

Aug 22, 2003
    Temperance, MI
    No idea. Some guy on Matchnight posted the text that appears in the first post of this thread, along with a link to the police report. It was his first and only MN post. He apparently signed up for a username just to post that info.

16. jkl;

jkl; New Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Now some people will come out and claim MLS has finally made it when these sort of things come out in newspapers.

17. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    You can search the county court records online.

18. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    That's not very good to know.

Any way we can make this dissappear from BS? Last thing Crew needs is to give opposing team supporters ammunition. We need a huge amount of points from upcoming travels. I think most people don't frequent BS on Sundays. Just a thought.

19. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Oh it is good, it certainly passes the time when at work and bored...

Same with the auditor's site and looking at what "stars" paid for their houses.

20. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    A quick search of the Franklin Country Court files available online shows ol' Edson has had quite a few dates with traffic court since he's lived in Columbus.

You'd think with a driving record like that he would know better than to drink and drive.

21. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Just noticed that. Christ, fans need to take up a collection and get him a driver.

22. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    I heart unintentional comedy.

23. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    I'm definitely not in that "most."

24. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA

I'm guessing the "unneccesary horn" may be involved.

25. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    I definitely don't equate OVI with alcoholism. Since he was at the league function Saturday night, I suppose he'll get punished by the team or league in addition to whatever the court hands out. I hope they wait til the case is over though instead of leaping to the conclusion that he's guilty.

On the other hand some thoughts from seeing those cases: Either the cops have it in for Eddy or he's a knucklehead. He's paid hundreds of dollars more in fines for not displaying his license plates than they cost. Eddy, you can renew them online instead of waiting for 2 hours at the BMV. What's with the burning smoke? Buy Jeff's old Hyundai if you need to. Maybe he did.

His condo association is suing him. That case was filed last year and is still open. I would have thought he'd have settled or moved by now. Akwari signed for the service of the papers at Buddle's house so I'd assume he was a roommate.

Who hires a lawyer to fight a seatbelt case? Edson.

Geez, when I was 24 I certainly didn't have my life together in every way but I knew not to violate traffic laws when driving after drinking, knew that I had to display license plates on my car, and never got sued by my neighbors.