BT20 championship

Discussion in 'Battrick' started by Craig P, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So we had our first 20/20 games today.

Norse pounded a completely overmatched side, with Theodore Cort taking seven wickets in less than three overs. :eek:

Surprisingly, he did that without a maiden.

2. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    won my first match. pretty easily on TIE. should win my match today fairly easily, but then might have to actually try in my third one. we'll see. got a grand total of 1,700 pounds for my first match.

3. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    won the toss and batted. put up 170-1. currently have them at 64-8. should win :)

4. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had the match of the day today, possibly the match of the entire group phase in the Windies. vs. sharer's club, we won with three balls to spare, 172-171.

Sarge was out just shy of a century.

5. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    wow, that is a close match!

i won by 100 runs. tomorrow i have to win to win the group. the guy has a proficient top order and a competent/proficient attack. i should be ok, i also have a proficient top order, but my bowling is going to be strong/remarkable

6. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    my bowlers are getting slaughtered against a not very good batting lineup. must be the bard & fast pitch on a sunny day. hope my batsmen can go crazay as well!

7. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There seems to be an even bigger division between good and bad bowlers in 20/20 compared to normal competition, e.g. my quality bowler has been outstanding (4-2-5-3 line today), but my proficient bowler got slaughtered yesterday.

Anyway, I'm moving on to the knockouts. I'm looking forward to it.

8. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i won by 7 wickets. took the opponents last like 6 for 40 runs or something.

onto the knockouts, where i don't think i'll last long

9. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Into the next round as well -- I am sure I will be out soon too.

10. Andy P

Andy P New Member

May 18, 2004
    2020 is going ok for me so far, destroyed my group ending up with a +30 nrr and only 77 runs conceded in the 3 games added together.

Got a slightly tricky 2nd round draw where I didnt feel comfortable resting any players or playing TIE but got through fairly easily despite it nearly going on for the full overs.

And now a nice easy team up next so I can get TF up to sublime and rest a couple of players. With a few decent draws I hope I can get pretty far in this competition, would like to make it to the last 32 or 64 at least.

11. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm at sublime team fitness, and with two relatively easy knockout opponents in a row I've also been trying to build up personal fitness.

I figure I'm somewhere in the 8 to 16 range in Windies ranking, so probably anywhere in the last 32 to 64 globally would be a good showing for me. Of course, it will depend on draw, as I'd guess I'll have to worry if I catch a second-division side anywhere and will likely fall to a first-division side anywhere.