BSMX's Official Mexican National Team Random Thoughts Thread vol. II

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by DGreat, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Well Faitelson was right because they just released the U20 World Cup list and Jona isn't going.

2. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The league is 1 of the biggest cancers that prevents Mexico from exporting, reaching a level that is above decent, etc

Kaney, Neymadres and Overachiever repped this.
  3. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

4. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Don Boppero 3000, SGuerrilla and Kaney repped this.
  5. siva66

siva66 Member+

Apr 7, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well, that’s just wonderful.

6. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Who cares. Once the confederations cup got nixed, this Gold Cup became one of those "right in the middle of the hex" gold cups. People in Mexico are pissed off at them when they should be pissed off at CONCACAF and their bullshit in not giving Mexico permission to go to Copa America or Libertadores next year. THAT is what's really going to hurt Mexico, not this shit Gold Cup.

7. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Support him, breh

8. dreamtheater_21

Oct 19, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Good for HH, this gold cup is just molero tourney. Why risk getting hurt playing against regional teams right before a big transfer.

9. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Herrera not going is unfortunate but he's played for the NT nonstop every summer since London 2012 so he could use the rest, people on twitter will throw a tantrum but that's par for the course.

Well, yeah, the gold cup might not be as enticing as it once was when a confeds cup ticket was at stake (that's actually a big reason why winning the 2011 gold cup was so satisfying because we had the comeback win against our arch rival PLUS the confed ticket on the spot) but imo we should still take it seriously when we send our A squad, or at least as close to the A squad as possible. I dunno about you but I'd rather not watch us get embarrassed by the nads or the reggae boyz, or whoever again when we're this close to full strength, confeds cup or no confeds cup.

I mean asian and african fans can probably say the same thing about their regional tournaments now. Since they don't get to play against elite sides in the confeds cup anymore either. However, japan and qatar are in a cozy position... The asian cup being held in january was used to their advantage which is why they have nothing else to do in june/july. I also heard a rumor when we first got word of mexico not being in copa america that said FIFA made a new rule that doesn't allow a NT to be in two (I assume senior) tournaments in the same summer anymore. but maybe this got debunked already, no idea.

And I don't think THIS is the shit gold cup just because of no confeds, that could still be the 2021 gold cup, because I doubt they're gonna make everyone send their best squads every 2 years?? 2021 will probably be reserved for B/C squads again like those years always are. this wouldn't be an issue if they just set it every 4 years but it's every 2 so they can dust the cobwebs off the minnows. but yeah, it's very worrying if we don't play in the copa america next year because that will mean we won't have any competitive games against top teams until qatar, that sucks balls.

DaTruth and SGuerrilla repped this.
  10. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I really don't give a shit about being "embarrassed" against CONCACAF teams if the Cup is meaningless. Mexico always sent B teams whenever the Conf. Cup wasn't in play and nobody made a big deal. Last time they were embarrassed about losing to Jamaica and in the end the final was played by 2 teams that didn't go to the World Cup so what.

Africa and Asia are more balanced. Africa is by far better and Asia might be the same but they have more teams in their level. CONCACAF depends a lot on Mexico , the US and Costa Rica for their level. And we again have to play for the stupid Nations Cup.

This Gold Cup took a huge hit with the Confederations cup. I don't see Mexican players like Herrera or Chicharito skipping with the ticket on the line. But once it gone, then the only thing that matters is "pride" that I could see as a point before the stupid CONCACAF actively sabotaged Mexico and the CONMEBOL tourneys for their own interests. After that I hope they had the balls to call up the U23 to the Gold Cup. If Mexico are really worried about "pride" then maybe they should on the pride of not being used by CONCACAF and Montagliani and finally having some respect there.

ShockMaster repped this.
  11. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    disagree, it still matters, just maybe not as much in the grand scheme of things and not at all to you personally but that's ok. tbh I don't think i'd want to play in a higher level tourney if we can't even compete in the gold cup with our main squad anymore. we should always aim to be on top of our own region at all times. and so what? Dude jamaica didn't even make the hex, that makes the loss look even worse if anything. I can understand cutting them some slack when the alternate squad loses, especially one with cubo torres in the starting lineup because you just can't expect much at that point, but if the A squad laid an egg like that... you're fvkin right it'd be embarrassing and it shouldn't be dismissed so easily by the fanbase. at that point we're approaching the "this is fine" meme with the dog sitting in a burning room territory.

yes those other regions tend to have more parity, it's not just the same two teams winning the regional cup every time for example, but i don't think any of those teams are that good to begin with so no more confeds cup should also be a big blow for them on paper because they're clearly not competing against global powerhouses in their region.

you're upset about some decisions, I hear you, I won't like it either if we can't get any fixtures against elite sides before 2022, but speaking strictly in terms of concacaf I still believe regional dominance is important even though it's disappointing to not have a higher level tournament that can test us before the world cup to look forward to. is it confirmed mexico won't play in 2020? maybe they're still in negotiations, just have to wait and see...

JJV1994 repped this.
  12. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #8762 AMLO2018, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
    :laugh: Just because you say so? :ROFLMAO: Regional dominance in a trash zone's Tournament which wont qualify Mexico to anything worth a damn shouldnt matter to anybody, that's like New Zealand bragging about being the Kings of Oceania ffs.

The Euro based players, veterans & even the Carlos Salcedo's deserve to rest, that way they dont start with their I cant play for the NT right now crap when it matters (WC,CA). Mexico has 10 Gold Cups compared to everyone else chill out

Kaney and Don Boppero 3000 repped this.
  13. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    You still keep talking about what in the end is just pride, nothing else. I mean I hope Mexico wins it and I want Mexico to win everything it plays but it's not the same thing as when the Gold Cup is in the line and even worse when CONCACAF is pulling this BS.

If it's about improving Mexican football and in the NT, Herrera, Chicharito or whoever missing the Gold Cup isn't anything against this news:

https://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/fmf-nulas-opciones-mexico-libertadores-copa-america

Mexico has nothing to gain and everything to lose with this Gold Cup. No Confederations Cup to play, a tournament where they have to win it or else it will be a failure and if they win, all they get is "pride" which like the "pride" in the Nations Cup, it has nothing close to the only pride that matters now, the World Cup qualifiers. It's just insane that people are protesting about not helping an organization that is now actively going against Mexico's best interests for their own gains (and Univision now that Telemundo has Copa America and al the have is this cup).

ShockMaster and Kaney repped this.
  14. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :laugh: it was just my opinion, smart guy. :ROFLMAO:

LOL better not see you having a meltdown if mexico gets owned by the nads or god forbid an even shittier team then since you're in "ain't nobody got time fo dat" mode. i could've sworn you got all pissed when we tied honduras in a friendly before the gold cup with piojo, so don't come at me for caring about results in concacaf.

Oceania is worse than concacaf and you know it so what do they have to do with anything? but if you wanna go there, every zone is trash compared to UEFA and conmebol in the grand scheme of things so why single us out with your little comparison to NZ.

technically mexico only has 7 gold cups. the old concacaf championship was pretty much a different tournament, it wasn't the actual gold cup which has only existed since the early '90s. the nads are one fracaso away from tying mexico in gold cups. looks like the gap really is closing fellas, when it comes to the gold cup at least, lmao.

uhh... yeah. i'd rather win for pride than win fvck is all i'm saying here. i'm well aware it's probably not gonna have as many fans gawking at it with no confed cup ticket on the line but a title is a title. I think we're starting to go in circles here. the qualifiers are the most important thing, right, but the gold cup shouldn't be something to completely dismiss either, even if the benefits aren't that great. really not sure what to make of the nations league as it's brand new. To me, the gold cup is still the bigger trophy between the two so i wouldn't put the nations league on the same level of pride/satisfaction if we win. anyway, winning this gold cup will probably feel like the 2009 cup where all we won was bragging rights but it felt good at the time. don't tell me you weren't hyped brah.

as for the link, that's a real bummer. can we at least get some good friendlies then? smdh, and fvck FIFA for taking the confed cup behind the shed and shooting it, as it was our only guaranteed source of competition against top teams outside of the world cup for our A squad this decade.

siva66 repped this.
  15. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    Not playing devils advocate I just don’t know anymore - does beating up on these teams in “official” matches regardless how trash they are not count to ranking/seeding anymore like when Lavolpe went no mercy on fishermen?

ShockMaster, SGuerrilla and Otaku repped this.
  16. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lul all these posts past 3 sentences

Aint nobody got time for dat

17. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    Preliminary call-up for the Gold Cup. No Herrera, Tecatito, Vela or Chicharito. 6 will be cut for the final list.

Not a bad squad considering the absences... but Marco Fabian called up instead of Victor Guzman :thumbsdown:

And Antuna shouldn't be anywhere near this list

18. MX92

MX92 Member+

Feb 27, 2013
    Fack this garbage cup and concacaf

19. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Que lista mas pesima, luego Vela se rie en cara del Tata y le ruegan, Tecatito se perdio un partido por lesion y lo deja fuera, congruencia 0.

20. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    Some notable absences and I'm not talking about the ones you've mentioned.

Fuera Tata!!

21. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
  22. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not a bad list but not the best

Either way, this team is good enough to win the Copa Molerá

23. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Memo, Layun, Reyes, Sanchez, Alvarez y Jimenez + 5

iveman27 repped this.
  24. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Gudiño is shit

Layun should've been gone a long time ago, but we have zero depth there.

Diego Reyes? Talk about a long leash. He has been bad at club and NT for years now.

Fabián is back to being Naco Fabián in MlelS.

And Carlos Vela should do everyone a favor and just say that he's retired from the NT. We need him, but he's only happy beating up on subpar defenders every weekend. Stop wasting everyone's time.

Fvck CONCACHAFA, fvck Copa Chorro, fvck the worthless Confederations Cup, fvck the FMF, and fvck Tuca.

LGRod, Sugatot, DankYummy and 4 others repped this.
  25. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    cheeky kunts, these took me a few minutes to put together, lol

We still gonna be watchando tho...

[​IMG]

LGRod, Serg33 and JJV1994 repped this.