BSMX's Official Mexican National Team Random Thoughts Thread vol. II

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by DGreat, Feb 17, 2014.

1. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    2013 U17 WC Squad*

Gerardo Silva repped this.
  2. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    Finally a manager that recognizes Lainez talent.

Neymadres and DankYummy repped this.
  3. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This a FIFA date?

Weird they didn't just go with domestic players

4. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes

chivamex10 repped this.
  5. hausen

hausen Member+

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #8405 hausen, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    Nice call-up.. I'm very glad they're bringing in the youngsters.. these guys are going to play with more heart than our typical starters. Only concerning thing is the height of some of the players, I think..

From our players in Europe, the only one's I thought would've been nice to add are Araujo (it's understandable why he's not on the list though), Tecatito and possibly Hector Herrera.

The rest can go... elsewhere. just my opinion.

I think it'd actually be pretty cool for HH to be in there with all these youngsters. He's a nice guy (not that I know him..) and I think he could teach the young guys a thing or two. Doesn't throw sissy fits like Layun and Cheech (yeah, going off topic here).

Anyways, I'm looking forward to these games and seeing the next generation of Mexican players kick ass. Feels like a nice breeze of fresh air..

6. OneJillion$$$

OneJillion$$$ Member+

Jun 19, 2015
    Why didn't we go after Phillip Cocu?
    Dude seems to have a shitload of faith in our players.

Gerardo Silva, Kaney, Neymadres and 2 others repped this.
  7. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Great opportunity for these guys, against a loaded Uruguay team. I'm sure a few of the euro guys asked not to be called up.

8. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    lol

9. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Love how the stupid horde of media and fans can spout their idiocy all thru the internet but if they answer back then they are throwing "sissy fits". :rolleyes:

10. hausen

hausen Member+

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Them responding back to the media is not what I meant by sissy fits. I meant when they're actually playing on the field. They complain about every little call that didn't go their way.. I don't remember them always being like that but it seems to have intensified in the past 2 years.

11. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Whatever. You're acting like if they were Neymar or Sambueza. An even then, if somebody wouldn't want a Neymar on their team because they complain, that would be insane.

Kaney repped this.
  12. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    I think you meant to say hissy fits.

And amazingly, you provided an entire paragraph and said nothing.

Mr. Pink, Kaney, Hecho en Chivas and 3 others repped this.
  13. hausen

hausen Member+

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lol. Shun me for my opinion y'all.
    Actually I did say something, re-read. People ignore what they don't agree with hence "said nothing".

Cheech @ Man U was a fighter, brave, wouldn't look for the ref on each challenge. I don't like the new cheech. Agree to disagree.

14. revilla18

revilla18 Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I agree.

thedragonrik58 repped this.
  15. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    The stupid “us against the world” or “us against the media” attitude by the players was tiring. A lot of them acted like divas and acted like a petulant child when things don’t go their way. Layun lost his mind against the Brazil game. A lot of our guys are mental midgets. I’m glad that they are getting old and will be phased out soon. Osorio has enabled this type of behavior for a while now. Even he participated with this stupid mantra of blaming refs and conditions when he loses in every high profile matches during his tenure. Dude take a L without losing his shit.

hausen and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  16. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    you guys acting like the "petulant divas" won't be back for the next set of moleros when they realise the money they are leaving on the table by not showing up to various commercials

Lukato repped this.
  17. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    this is slightly amusing...

Kaney, Sanchito, Hecho en Chivas and 5 others repped this.
  18. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    I'm quoting just this bit but judging from your post overall I got the impression you think Herrera's merits to the upcoming generation is leadership and not much else. I'm amazed anyone thinks Herrera won't be a pivotal part of the upcoming process. He will start most serious games and might even be captain. I don't see how anyone can think otherwise.

19. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    They aren't "petulant divas". They just stood up to the inane arguments of the vast quantity of ignorant fans that Mexico has and are more vocal because of social media and such. The players faced up to people who had this criticism that mostly was beyond terrible and thus got attacked because a lot of mexicans, like many other people in earth especially in Latin America, love to criticize but can't take it when they get answered back. Best example is this total shit post:

It's always funny how the sometimes in BSMX the things replicate from Mexico sometimes exactly.

The Mexican media is some of the worst around and they base their stuff on criticism for everything without giving a solution (Best example how whenever they faced Osorio face to face, they were exposed because for Osorio's fault, they always had the WRONG arguments). Same thing with fans. Just the best example was how dumb they were in the World Cup. After we beat Germany, fans and media alike were all about how we are going to win the World Cup and then when we lost to Brazil, it was all doom and gloom again even when Mexico doesn't have a QF team. No questions of how it came to be or what to do now because it's a 4 year process in many areas (like questioning why nobody wants the NT job or why we now have a bunch of Colombians and Chileans in Liga MX that aren't even in their NT radar when it only used to be Brazil and Argentina, or why is the youth development in Nt teams going to wasted in a bunch of inexperienced ex players with average careers as managers).

This idea that Mexican fans are great and wise and it's the players is going to lead to bad stuff. It reminds me of Argentina and their club fan and how they drank their kool aid to the point they never see anything wrong with how the fan violence thing is so prevalent because of how in love they are with themselves.

Mr. Pink, GrandeSoccer and Kaney repped this.
  20. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    Nothing what I said is untrue.

Osorio loses his mind and blames the refs or other bs for his losses.

The players resort to social media to express their “thoughts” and it’s funny because most of the players have big mouths but can’t back it up once the pressure increases.

After going down 0-1 against Sweden, they fold like a beach chair. Had an uninspired second half against Brazil and a manager whose gets his tactics wrong in almost every game he managed.

It screams insecurity and pompous when they can’t back up their shit.

All I hear is victim noises

Paco' repped this.
  21. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    One of the many reasons why Mexican football is the way it is.

I hope a good chunk of these guys will be phased out soon because if not, expect another rollercoaster.

22. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    There are more than enough data points over the years to show how the press has targeted the players and shaped the narrative surrounding them.

Look no further than the vilifying of Javier Hernandez because he told the fans to dare to dream before the World Cup. How anyone thinks it's rational to hold that against him and the team is beyond me.

Another example being the emergence of a young talented player and the immediate indication that they are going to get big headed or "perder piso."

The players are professionals and deal with this kind of thing all the time but there is a certain level of responsibility that comes with being a journalist and that is often abused in Mexico. The players have every right to respond and the fans can choose to either side with them or not. The latter requires a bit of critical thinking instead of projections.

23. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chich had the quote before the World Cup and the media took it up the butt so hard that they mocked the entire men’s team in Russia when the girls team won some obscure Central American tournament

24. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Mexican sports media is garbage.

25. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Like I said, it's incredible how sometimes things are so reflective of what's wrong. It's really sad that in the press you have guys like Pepe del Bosque in Imagen getting overshadowed by the Faitelson's and their loud making noise "analysis".

The super press who couldn't figure out any of the problems besides "parties" and "rotaciones", who shitted on Osorio and the players prior to the world cup, wanted to make them saints after Germany and then went back to shitting on them BUT then went on about how bad things are in Mexican football as if a totally bipolar and ignorant fanbase isn't a huge part of the problem.

Your post are prime examples of this. This is another shit post. What are you talking about Osorio getting his tactics wrong in every game and about the players thoughts? WTF argument is they can't back up their shit? From you? You're the typical dude who was criticizing Osorio for the dumbest reasons. Because of people like you, it's that the press goes for the easy arguments.

You say it's funny that the players can't back their shit up, I think it's funny that they are getting accused of being mental midgets by a guy who is "backing his shit up" by arguments like "Osorio always had his tactics wrong, players are divas who can't back their shit up with pressure and they are insecure and pompous".

If anything they players should have stood up to the idiocy of the bottom of the barrel in the media and of the fans earlier.