BSMX's Official Mexican National Team Random Thoughts Thread vol. II

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by DGreat, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
  2. diegolin89

diegolin89 Member+

Jul 13, 2008
    FEMEXFUT has said the final 23 do not necessarily need to come from the list of 30, but the FIFA rules state otherwise.

LGRod and El Mariachi repped this.
  3. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why dont we ever take a list of 30 players so we can see everyone? I dont understand that

LGRod repped this.
  4. MexiKampeon

MexiKampeon Member+

Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Confirmed... Hugo's parallel to Vela is that he feels politics marginalized him from the NT coaching job:

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=2027566&s=mundial&type=story

According to Hugo...

> Vergara pressured Hugo to not call players he had problems with (Cuauh, Bofo, Oswaldo)
    > El Tri earned about $100MM from sponsors in the 2 years that Hugo was at the helm

LGRod, Saul Acosta, Kaney and 1 other person repped this.
  5. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Pretty much validates everything I, and others, have been saying about the FMF.

Saul Acosta, icybauer and Kaney repped this.
  6. diegolin89

diegolin89 Member+

Jul 13, 2008
    What I remember from 2008 is that Jesus Ramirez wanted to be the coach for the preolimpico but Hugo insisted on doing the job himself, so its pretty much Hugo screwed Hugo.

It was not until last year when Hugo claimed they made him take the job.

7. MexiKampeon

MexiKampeon Member+

Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

FMF acting like the typical American Corporation... what a surprise... seriously what do you fvcken expect out of a big business? You expect it to behave like an altruistic non profit... hell even non profits are cut throat & political as fvck.

8. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

It doesn't have to be either or.

There is a happy medium where profit and sporting success can coexist. Not that the FMF will ever find it or even bother to look for it...

El Mariachi, Saul Acosta and Sanchito repped this.
  9. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    No...they are hurting their brand is what they are doing and not allowing the best players or the coaches to pick players autonomously...in business talent wins, even if you have to deal with eccentrics because they help you win...you don't hold stupid personal vendettas that temper your chances of winning and micromanage the team...this isn't a typical American corporation...this is a typical dysfunctional Mexican Enterprise that has talent and great resources but will never achieve much because of a shitty business model.

Kaney repped this.
  10. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    QFT

11. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So the FMF are trying to get N. Ireland or Wales to replace Turkey in May.

Saul Acosta repped this.
  12. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :rolleyes:

Saul Acosta and icybauer repped this.
  13. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I heard N. Ireland or Greece

Saul Acosta and LGRod repped this.
  14. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Down for Greece. It will be bunkeriffic.

El Mariachi and Saul Acosta repped this.
  15. MexiKampeon

MexiKampeon Member+

Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

FMF is successful on both profit & sporting success fronts though... Mexico does not have a deep history of high level futbol... Mexico should not be compared to pioneer nations like Argentina, Brazil, Italy, Spain etc.,... it is more comparable to countries with similar socioeconomic & footballing history like Russian, Japan, Colombia, Boliva, Peru etc., in comparison Mexico has well outperformed them despite being isolated in a historically weak Confederation... it doesn't mean the country doesn't have greater potential but I would submit that FMF has gotten a passing grade with all things considered.

The biggest difference between FMF & CBF, for example, is that Brazil has thousands of qualified coaches in the youth ranks throughout a well established infrastructure that has supplied the European leagues with the best talent available for almost 40 years now.... Mexico's youth infrastructure (financed by the vast resources being generated by FMF) is starting to close the gap... what would you have proposed & when to revert the results?

This is not EA Sports FIFA we are talking about real world socioeconomic, cultural, political constraints.

JJV1994 repped this.
  16. MexiKampeon

MexiKampeon Member+

Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

You have it ass backward mi camote... either the FMF has a great business model but underperforms at the operational level... or has a shitty business model independent of its operational competencies... what is it... lets start from there and then we discuss? Shitty business model or good business model?

17. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    You got me on semantics, but I think you know what I'm getting at...operationally, by way of managing the talent, is where they stumble....consistently.

Kaney repped this.
  18. MexiKampeon

MexiKampeon Member+

Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Are you blaming the FMF for the way the teams manage their talent or are you blaming the FMF?

19. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Chicken and egg...they are one in the same.

20. MexiKampeon

MexiKampeon Member+

Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No, the answer drives the expected actions you want FMF to take or who is to blame....

21. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    They have been their own worst enemy in terms of sporting success. Our youth level success is quite recent and their is still a gap in terms of developing and integrating those youth players to the senior national team.

Herarquia still rules. We haven't been close to a scenario where the 23 players selected were selected because of merit and were the 23 players that gave us the best chance of winning. It won't happen as long as promoters and other outside forces have a say in the decision.

22. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    For the NT, it's the FMF.

Individual teams will always manage their talent differently but collectively, the talent is there. We don't pick the 23 best players and that is down to the NT coaches & FMF.

Sanchito repped this.
  23. MexiKampeon

MexiKampeon Member+

Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

This is bull schitt venting....

1) What specifically should the FMF do to integrate youth players to the senior nation team? You want Compean to tell Tuca that his job depends on him giving x minutes to Espiricueta?

2) Herarquia is for pochos... but that aside what team chooses the best 23 players available & according to whom. You are setting an unrealistic example... look at all the World Cup winning teams and tell me which team did not have a single controversy related to player selection?

Do you have actual tactical solutions or are you just doing the typical Mexican victim venting of blaming it all on the hacendado, governador, presidente, PRI etc., and hoping for saviors & super heroes as Octavio Paz put it?

Get over it... Vela doesn't have the emotional maturity or the passion to tough it out & be on El Tri... it is not for everyone... it just sucks that it happened with Carlos Vela and not Alejandro Vela (who would kill to be called up for a World Cup)

JJV1994 repped this.
  24. MexiKampeon

MexiKampeon Member+

Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Redux: What team chooses the best 23 players available & according to whom. You are setting an unrealistic example... look at all the World Cup winning teams and tell me which team did not have a single controversy related to player selection?

25. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Did you not read the article you posted? Eriksson and Hugo agree that it is run like a good old boys club and cronyism runs rampant...an outsider and an iconoclast reported the same damn thing...the coaches arms are twisted into making the owners happy....if you can't see that this is madness you are an apologist fanboy.

Kaney repped this.