BSMX Travels to Russia 2018!

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Wiso, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Mailed home since purchased in Phase 1.
    If you purchase on. Phase 2 also mailed home.

If you purchase in phase 3 then pick up in Russia

Tello repped this.
  2. Tello

Tello BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 20, 2006
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Random Draw sales round ended. I hope the application results get emailed quickly. I got planing to do!

3. I'm all set...just need to figure out how to get from Rostov to Yekaterinburg....(train or plane) and tix for MEX v KOR and MEX v SWE....

My FAN ID got here yday...but post office won't deliver unless someone home to receive :-( ...
    estoy trabajando culeis.... no mamen...

4. Tello

Dec 20, 2006
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How long after the sales round ended did they inform you that the request was successful?

5. I got mine in the FCFS portion....so immediately

6. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    In the phase that just ended, 155K applications came from Mexico with another 87K from USA, I mention USA as I would assume over half of those are Mexicans wanting tickets like myself. We were top 5 with requests in this phase, no surprise there.

7. Alopez

Alopez Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Birmingham
    Ughh, pinches compas tryna get my tickets.

Tello and LGRod repped this.
  8. Tello

Dec 20, 2006
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Anybody get ticket confirmations yet?

9. Nope. Still early.
    and from what I heard it will be another week before we start seeing charges.

10. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Where did you hear that from?

11. Alopez

Alopez Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Birmingham
    During the last lottery phase the first people that started seeing charges on their credit cards came after roughly two weeks.

12. Alopez

Alopez Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Birmingham
    If any of you guys haven't booked rooms in Rostov or Yeka, what would y'all say to squadding up in a bigger house for rent??

I keep looking for hotels and nothing. Teetering on desperate, haha.

13. I'm staying only one night in Yeka, June 27th-28th... (I'm thinking of taking train instead of flying...have some days to kill between Rostov and Yeka....plus taking a chunk of the Trans-Siberian train for free seems ok to me)

So I booked a hotel 5 day ago and today they just ********ing canceled it for no reason. ********ers...the prices they are charging are insane.

I had previously booked a Hostel (we are two males traveling) Jun 24th to Jun 28th....very cheep but about 6 miles from stadium...good thing I still have the reservation...anyhow... I'll let you know if I have space there...only two beds though.....

But if you do find an apartment let me know...I will only stay one night though....I wouldn't mind chipping in.

14. Any news guys?

Seems I got two CAT3 for Sweden game from one of my 3 applications.

I'm only missing KOR game.

BTW, CityHostel in Rostov are a bunch of cunts. Canceled my reservation.

15. megadeath

megadeath Member+

Oct 10, 2009
    The biggest expense for most will be lodging by far. Last year for confederations cup that was the case. I can only imagine this year how much they will rape us with the nightly rates at even the holiday inn type of places. If you are lucky to stay even remotely close to where all the party atmosphere will be.

Edit: I’m too dam old for hostels. lol

16. My biggest expense will be flights.
    $950 round trip Chicago-Moscow.
    Mex tix will be about $500
    Lodging so far has been pretty cheap(hostels)
    So far I'm only in $1.7k with most lodging already set (missing MEX v KOR)

megadeath repped this.
  17. megadeath

megadeath Member+

Oct 10, 2009
    Just got news we have the round of 16 game (hoping it’s mexico ) in Samara. Yea boooy !!!

Alopez and Y tu mama tambien repped this.
  18. megadeath

megadeath Member+

Oct 10, 2009
    Maybe a hostel might not be so bad. Just feel weird being the older guy in there. Haha

I only plan to stay the night before matches in any other city that is not Moscow or St Pete. I got a place in Moscow for free so it will be my base city.

19. Alopez

Alopez Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Birmingham
    I've got a massive charge pending!!! I think i hit them all for cat 1!!!

Y tu mama tambien repped this.
  20. Congrats.
    I also got CAT1 for KOR and SWE.
    And had CAT1 for GER from previous round.

21. Alopez

Alopez Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Birmingham
    Rostov is the only one that i can't find a single semi reasonably priced place to stay.

22. Yeah, I'm only there two nights, I could only book one..still looking for another (waiting for these CityHostel cunts to cancel my reservation)

BTW, Taganskaya Hotel in Yekatetinburg...where I had booked before but they canceled my shit, I complained to Booking.com and they said it was a legit problem with the hotel, and they let me book again at the previously booked price. $65 for the night.

23. Tello

Dec 20, 2006
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It charged today?

24. Alopez

Alopez Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Birmingham
    Wow, that's HUGE! I've just been reading so many bad stories on the same thing happening to other people, glad it worked out for you. I snagged a hotel through FIFA in Yeka so i'm all set.

I'd do hostels but i'm bringing la guerita this time around and don't think she's willing to slum it on the back of mother russia.